Dev Discussion GU 47: Earth and Sorcery Pet Updates

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm in agreement

There are things that could be done to really polish off earth and make the few earth users very happy ...nothing asked for is anything that would cause a op gap

Making aftershocks a part of the am where they build back our power bar

Making after shocks hit harder similar to weapon mastery combos choose the obvious most popular hardest hitting I e as a reference ...

Make upheaval work as light gun works let us be mobile

Let us be mobile while we hit reinforce and fg

Let fg clip other powers... (It's not a break out) these changes alone I think would satisfy many earth users
    • Like x 2
  2. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

This was a terrible revamp for earth. Some days I'm just kinda amaze that you are still in charge of adjusting powers.

So it's safe to say Quantum is king?
  3. RobyREI Level 30

Devs please

302 reply in this thread, many discussions on quantum and mental op and only 10/20 reply in gu48 threads.
    This shows how important it is for us players the balances of the powers. So please work more in this direction and and give us more frequent news.
    Thx
  4. omegahawk74 Committed Player

Or you's can stop crying about getting out dps'd and get your sp to be more then your cr, oh wait most of you even at t7 dont know how to do that yet.
  5. Aggro Well-Known Player

Not to mention biggun, is currently the only dps super worth using....
  6. RobyREI Level 30

tze...i have 214 sp and 125 cr, legendary for 4 years and then pretend to have the possibility that the quantum, munition and mental.
    One thing is to race with Ferrari one thing with the Fiat 500 .. The race to end up the same, but the rewards are different.
  7. WildcatHunter Committed Player

thank you for coming on a Dev discussion thread to troll btw 195sp
  8. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

That is a very great idea i feel like it will benefit us earth players in both pvp/pve
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

There are still a few bugs associated with Earth dpsing but overall the update was pretty good. I'm doing much better damage than I was previously.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

Here is a test I did against 3 sparring targets. 124 cr, Crystal is 125 cr, 9220 might 5299 precision 580.6 handblasters all dps crits. Blast Adapter, Escalating Might, Core Strength, Max Damage for mods. Didn't use trinkets, colas, or supercharge. 15-16k damage per 60 seconds.

I was previously using 2H with Relentless Precision and had a slightly different rotation to better utilize that mod. Had I more foresight I would have tested against 3 sparring targets with that rotation before I tried with HB but I was too excited. First 110 weapon for me.

Jp and Rokyn are having great success using Scissor Kick instead of WM combos but I haven't been able to replicate their success. I chalk that up to me not getting the hang of the rotation down more that their method not working. It does, and they have numbers to back it up. Until I get the hang of Scissor Kick clipping/moving I'll stick with WM.

I'm interested to see other parsers against 3 targets to see how this particular rotation holds up. Earth, Sorcery, or other powers.
  11. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

It still shouldn't take this long. When a power gets a revamp it should be on par with the stronger powers and not anything else.

Just annoyed that it's taking this long.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Alright here's some base numbers for Earth. I only did the Geokinesis tree since that's what the AM plays with and I doubt anyone will touch the Seismic side.

Damage Over Time Powers

Rumble Crush
    • 20-28 Initial Burst Tick
    • 3-6 DoT base damage per tick (4 ticks)
    • 12-24 Total DoT damage
    • 32-52 Total Base Damage
    Debris Field
    • With PI: 10-14 DoT base damage per tick (11 ticks)
    • With PI: 110-154 DoT Total Base Damage
    • No PI: 7-9 DoT base damage per tick (11 ticks)
    • No PI: 77-99 DoT Total Base Damage
    Totem
    • 1-2 DoT base damage per tick (9 small ticks)
    • 2-4 DoT base damage per tick (20 big ticks)
    • Ticks go like this: Big tick>Big tick + Small tick>Big tick>Big tick+ Small tick...and so on
    • 12.5 meters or closer registers damage
    • 9-18 Small DoT Total Base Damage
    • 40-80 Big DoT Total Base Damage
    • 49-98 Total Base Damage
    Burst Powers

Earthern Grip
    • 20-28 Initial Burst tick
    Striking Stones
    • With PI: 28-43 Initial Burst tick
    • No PI: 20-28 Initial Burst tick
    Shards
    • With PI: 9-15 base damage per tick (3 burst ticks)
    • With PI: 27-45 Total Base Damage
    • No PI: 7-9 base damage per tick (3 burst ticks)
    • No PI: 21-27 Total Base Damage
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright here's some Sorcery base numbers. I didn't do powers that didn't pertain to the AM.

Damage Over Time Powers

Shard of Life
    • 20-28 Initial Burst Tick
    • 6-8 DoT base damage per tick (4 ticks)
    • 24-32 Total DoT damage
    • 44-60 Total Base Damage
    Circle of Destruction
    • With PI: 7-9 DoT base damage per tick (11 ticks) + 3-5 DoT base damage per tick (an extra small 11 ticks)
    • With PI: 110-154 DoT Total Base Damage
    • No PI: 7-9 DoT base damage per tick (11 ticks)
    • No PI: 77-99 DoT Total Base Damage
    • PI grants the additional 3-5 DoT tick.
    Soul Well
    • 2-6 DoT base damage per tick (9 ticks)
    • 18-54 Total Base Damage (when casting Soul Well only by itself)
    • When you are attacking enemies with Soul Well up, the you get an extra 10 ticks for the next 10 seconds after cooldown finishes
    • Stack-able after cooldown
    • When attacking, 38-114 Total Base Damage
    Burst Powers

Weapon of Destiny
    • 16-20 base damage per tick
    • Each tick has a chance to PROC 4 times
    • When fully PROC 4 times, 64-80 Total Base Damage
    • Single Target Only
    • Benefits well when working in tandem with high volume precision attacks
    Transmutation
    • With PI: 32-40 Initial Burst tick
    • No PI: 20-28 Initial Burst tick
    *PI stands for Power Interaction
    *Credit to Shiny Mackerel for coming up with the separate variable for CR adjustment and TheDark for giving me the information

I would say Sorcery vs Earth is pretty well balanced right now. Maybe some adjustments could be made for Totem and the SCs but everything else is solid.
    • Like x 5
  13. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Ty rokyn for taking the time for these base stats. Maybe just maybe they will stop trying to balance earth vs sorc and balance both vs quantum/celest/mental.
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Earth's Pet Damage

Fortify Golem
    • Provides 5-7 ticks of power to pets
    • Increases Crystal's damage the same way a PI boost from Crushing/Dazing would
    • Once Crystal gets power she will either do Epicenter and weapon attacks or Epicenter and Striking Stones immediately after
    Crystal's Powers (at 126CR)

Close Range (Effective DPS 3,700)

Epicenter
    • 16,000-20,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Melee Power
    • Most used power by Crystal
    • Will not register hit around 12 meters currently
    Striking Stones
    • 16,000-20,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    Long Range (Effective DPS 2,100)

Epicenter
    • 8,000-12,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Melee Power
    • Most used power by Crystal
    • Will not register hit around 12 meters currently
    Striking Stones
    • 8,000-12,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    Long Range and Short Range Attacks

Weapon Attacks
    • Ranged Attack: 119-371 Damage
    • Enhanced Shuriken: 467-691 Damage
    • Heavy Shuriken: 501-741 Damage
    • Melee Attack: 180-266 Damage
    • Shuriken Storm: 52-79 damage per tick (5 ticks) 260-395 Total Damage
    ------------------------------------------------------- She tends to do these bottom attacks at a lesser rate ---------------------------------------------
    • Spinning Punch: 706-991 Damage
    • Elbow Drop: 801-893 Damage
    • Cartwheel Kick: 763-879 Damage
    • Tornado Kick: 619-680 Damage
    Sorcery's Pet Damage

Offering
    • Provides 5-7 ticks of power to pets
    • Once Fury gets power he will either do Arcane Barrage and weapon attacks or Arcane Barrage and Transmutation immediately after
    • Having Red Soul Aura active or having Bad Karma applied to enemies, will increase the damage of Fury's attacks
    • If an enemy dies while Fury is attacking then Red Soul Aura will be activated.
    Fury's Powers (at 126CR)

Close Range (Effective DPS 3,100)

Arcane Barrage
    • 15,000-19,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    • Most used power by Fury
    Transmutation
    • 15,000-18,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    Long Range (Effective DPS 1,800)

Arcane Barrage
    • 8,000-10,000 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    • Most used power by Fury
    Transmutation
    • 8,000-9,800 Damage (with PI active)
    • Range Power
    Long Range and Short Range Attacks

Weapon Attacks
    • Ranged Attack: 157-278 Damage
    • Pulse Beam: 70-105 damage per tick (12 ticks) 840-1260 Total Damage
    • Solar Flare: 668-983 Damage
    • Meteor Blast: 619-906 Damage
    ------------------------------------------------------- He tends to do these bottom attacks at a lesser rate ---------------------------------------------
    • Power Discharge: 74-90 damage per tick (4 ticks) 296-360 Total Damage
    • Uppercut: 225-328 damage per tick (3 ticks) 675-984 Total Damage
    • Melee Attack: 188-236 Damage
    • Like x 3
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

My requests for the AM:

1. Increase damage done by aftershocks while the pet is out.

2. Allow for unlimited jackhammer/Upheaval aftershocks with no additional power costs.

3. Allow for mobility while casting upheaval.

4. Make the summon pet power double as Fortify Golem to open up an extra slot on the tray.

Work the aftershock damage increase to a level that puts us In competition with the high performing dps powers. With these changes you'd still be dependant on casting Fortify Golem to keep up max damage output but would make aftershocks more attractive to be used with the pets which would make a lot of people happy.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

I feel like I'm the only one against incorporating aftershocks into the pet AM. Any future tweaks to aftershocks should remain independent of the pet AM.
    • Like x 3
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

I'm with you. I just don't see it happening is all. They have been dead set on maintaining that earth is a pet power. Even though Larry liberty himself called it a combo power before gu36 came out. Even though aftershocks were the big, if not co-, selling point when earth came out.

So in trying to get aftershocks to matter damage wise, I personally have caved and at least want them combined with the pet am. But again, I'm with you on a separate aftershock am.
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Just popping in to see how the 'developer discussion' is going?
    Still no green name replies I see.
    Ok bye :p
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

My view on this is that it doesn't change any of the current mechanics if all you do is a simple damage buff to upheaval/jackhammer aftershocks when using Crystal. It is an easy and elegant way to give more DPS to the pet AM that doesn't try to reinvent the wheel but stays within the current mechanics and throws a bone to the aftershock camp.

It wouldn't by any means make aftershocking necessary to the AM, just more attractive. The main draw is still the pet and the rotation would still be heavily dependant on using Fortify Golem and a PI.

I actually like the way the pet AM plays right now. Specifically how you get two or three big moves up front and then one after each cast of FG. I don't want the timing changed and I don't want the pet getting more power. I want what I do between FG casts to do more damage.

The movement and unlimited aftershock ideas i suggested are quality of life for me and not necessary.

I don't know what Sorcery would need to compensate but I like how aftershocks would differentiate Earth from Sorcery.
  20. Streven Dedicated Player

How but this, even simpler, "When damage pet is active player gets a precision buff".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.