Test Discussion GU 47: CR Differential Adjustment Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

in the end if they want players to help each other, then we should have the tools to do so, but keeping everyone on the same level doesn't really help. If i PuG a lower tier instance then i wouldn't mind if my stats are clamped as i didn't go there with the intention of teaching, just playing. But if i make a group full of low lvl players, and me being high cr, i believe i should have the option to still be op, that way i could teach them without having to worry for my well being.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tunso Developer

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

The UI isn't lieing, your CR is actually capping at 121. So like, I'll raise that. Kinda important, thanks for letting us know!

I haven't looked at any of the bounties yet but it wouldn't shock me if some of them do some jerky stuff. So I'll add those to the short list of ones we need to take a look at.
    • Like x 4
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The problem is that right now, we have no option as high CR players to do the inverse of what you say: we cannot put on lower gear and help someone learn how to tank, for instance. A tank cannot learn the mechanics if most everything is KO'd in 2-3 hits.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tunso Developer

About sparring targets: we're not going to be able to auto-scale them or anything like that in the near term. The best I can think of in the short term is to have them spawn at the current max NPC level. What do you all think about that idea? That way at the very least you'll be checking yourself out against the high-water mark of what's currently legit.
    • Like x 13
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

hes wrong about the buff number, its not 80 to 80, its more like 70 to 80 or so as Tunso explained to me, say you reach t4 where adds are lvl 90+, but you are barely 70, well the system will make you feel around cr 75 to 80 depending on the situation, given you will never actually be on par with any NPC until you reach T6.
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

well if im teaching, the last thing i would do is kill anything, i would show the mechanics, then step back and see the progress.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That works well with players you know well. In a PUG, doing what you say gets the following response: "Why aren't you doing anything?"
    • Like x 3
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

it would save me the trouble of having to find mobs some of the time.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

did you forgot that i said if i pugged i wouldn't mind my stats being clamped as i wouldn't be there to teach, just to play like everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tunso Developer

Healing barrels shouldn't have been nerfed we'll try to figure out what happened there. There's been quite a few other changes happening under the hood to improve combat as well so it's possible something went south with one of those.

I'm going to guess that Split Personality inadvertently got "fixed" with the associated item updates. So I'll re-fix it so that it's finally level 52 for realz. And we'll try to sort out Battle for Earth missions so they all makes sense.

Thanks!
    • Like x 5
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Nope, I am pointing out that if I PUG, I can no longer manually clamp my own stats by putting on lower gear. My only option in a PUG now is to stand there and have people ask me why I'm not doing anything or kick me. Otherwise, I'll just have to ruin the experience for those I'm in a PUG with.
    • Like x 1
  12. generalzod Committed Player

I agree that's what I mean by option if you Q up and the lower players didn't want the cr 120 destroying everything so they could learn the mechanics that's should be a option ! it should be only if a higher level makes a group then Q up then they don't get stat flatten but if u just q up random you should ! that's why we need portals too gives everyone option ! I swear how many time have you been in a n b or lock down with all 112 to 114 players and struggled because they never battle threw there alot they were carried and didn't learn how to really beat it
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

that's different to what i was saying, i honestly wouldn't try to teach while in PuG, its already hard enough to do some things with total strangers, but trying to teach them something is a whole other issue.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

honestly i ignore anyone asking for CR 110 for anything t5, usually those groups already have OP players, and let a couple of current tiered ones just to queue faster, but never let them do anything, like the maze controls.
  15. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I tested that just before I posted it.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

What about removing them and when activating the cogs to reset them they'll spawn with the CR the character who has activated them has? Would this be doable on live as well?
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

The split personality style has been like that since GU17 when it was switched to a T3 duo. I believe no one really paid attention to it, as at the time, everyone was already overgearing it or had better stats than what was listed.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Don't think this can be done for public sparring targets, as there would be too many people squabbling over them. Perhaps base targets.
    • Like x 5
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've checked the outside low-level bounties, and they melted satisfactorily quickly with my CR 124 characters, but trying FOS 3 I died three times in a row, and died very quickly after entering FOS 2.

Yes, I could likely have done FOS 3 if I worked carefully at it.

But this is not remotely the level of ease it has been up to now; I don't count those as remotely near fixed yet, I'm afraid.

But it's not these specific raids, of course. It's keeping the awesomeness abilities of high CR characters AS THEY WERE across the board that's necessary.

I'll give 'em a try again next time I see a hotfix saying they're much closer to being the level they've been up to now. Thanks for attention to this vital fix.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well dunno whether LH targets would be occupied all day. ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.