GU 43: Light Construct Combo Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well you'd have to start over for Gadgets too. Mental would be able to refresh but would likely not get the enhanced damage (depending on how long they block). Fire would likely lose Thermal Absorption which would need reapplication and likely lose Volatility in the process.

Ice is in a unique situation but if they have to block during a channel they (like Fire) lose the damage of that channel too.

Brick and Fury may die during that attack (may not as well) needing re-application. Sure the application is faster but still the same. I have lost my DoT's on Nature because of bad timing for that attack too.

I'm not trying to derail your concern. I am just looking at it from other powerset perspectives too.
  2. D4rkB0w Active Player

I have no problem with your opinion, we are here to debate and make HL good and fun to play so we dont need to ask for another revamp in near future :D And yes you are right that other powers lose some of their dmg if they need to stop, but HL full combo would be 12 sec combo if you dont go "infinite"AM other powers dont have so long combos and some of them like gadgets, mental have 20k+ hits as reward if they manage to finish combo and we dont some of them still have dots on enemy we again dont have except single target. Again some ppl want to play with WM+AM for them this new things mean nothing. I would like to see my idea with bonus starting with combo and no PI so it can be tested and to see how it works if it will be to strong nerf dmg a little and balance it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but it seems as if the Relentless Precision Mod doesn't take Construct Combos into account.
  4. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I dont follow what you mean by Bonus on HL shouldnt be after 4sec it should be from start of combos from first prec based hit(This way you can remove PI from HL and you would have both fast clip HL and long AM styles better and more ppl would be satisfied) this sounds more like a pre buff then, and not a AM.. as for vulnerability all power sets have it! you will get counter and its part of the mechanics that come with content! as far as power sets compared to others i know i can keep up with other players!
    • Like x 1
  5. jr1nc Dedicated Player

it should and i think i tested that already i will double check! combo construct hit counters work! but not on sparring targets ! you will need to have a hit counter over 9 on an instance to truly test it out!
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Tried it on the Oolong Bot and I didn't get the buff. But I shall test it again :)
  7. jr1nc Dedicated Player

Tunso please look into spikequake, most of us feel that it should crit after WM and it should do about the same damage or more when enemy's are dazed! it does not hit nearly as good as chomper's plus HL needs some AOE burst damage! it would be great to use Chompers and Spike together for good AOE damage! thanks

Also relentless prec V will work with combo constructs?
  8. jr1nc Dedicated Player

i hope it works if not we can ask Tunso if this is intended to work or not!
  9. Tunso Developer

Anything attack that triggers the combo counter should trigger the mod. I just checked the Boost I, II and III versions against the construct combos in the 100% ranged and melee infinites and it seems to work fine.

If you're not getting a combo counter, the mod isn't going to work. That means you won't see it working on targeting dummies because they suppress your combo counter. Generally though this is a pretty easy one to check since the effect lasts for six seconds and refreshes on every hit above 9. If you see your combo counter above 9, look at your stats and see your not getting a Precision buff please let me know what attacks you were using prior to that. Like I said, if it triggers the combo counter it should trigger the mod but weirder things have happened so I'd need to know what and how you're fighting to figure out what's weird.

If there is a particular NPC you're fighting in actual content that is suppressing your combo counter, please let me know because that would stink :D
    • Like x 5
  10. Tunso Developer

Forgot to add, I'm looking at Spike Quake too.
    • Like x 6
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Sort of off topic, but is there a reason HL combos are intended to activate the hit counter, but Celestial combos do not? This is on real world targets, not sparring targets.
  12. jr1nc Dedicated Player

can celestial combo go over 4 or 5 hits? i never tried celestial...
  13. D4rkB0w Active Player

Again I didnt say that I dont want combos to be vulnerable... I just said that im concern that dmg lose of constant stopping combos will be higher then on other power sets and that HL wont be able to keep up. I rly hope you are right and that I'm wrong because I dont want to wait for another revamp of HL.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Most of the combos are 3 or more hits. The highest is 11.
  15. jr1nc Dedicated Player

it all depends how you play it! again its not about top dps or who is on top of the charts! you lose damage when players make mistakes example missing WM, not blocking when you need to block! dying instead of avoiding aoe ect, also you have the option going with endless combo's the longer you hold the rotation the more damage will come, but with a penalty of being countered! i think lose of damage should be the least of anyone's problems. i feel that this new AM will make HL fun to play! and freestyle is the best damage you will get from HL now! imagine learning every possible rotation from the tress unlock and freestyle your rotations perfectly! im sure with all the possible ways of playing you will counter enemy's before they counter you! just takes time to learn! i promise freestyle play with HL will be the best damage ever!
  16. jr1nc Dedicated Player

then it should work Remander maybe it needs to be looked at! test it out and use RPV to see if you get a buff after nine hits!
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

My suspicion is that it's because, while both are precision attacks, HL combo hits are more dependent on consecutive button inputs, whereas Celestial combo hits are more like DoTs. Would still like confirmation, if that's the case.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Not even the initial precision hit of a combo will activate the counter. See the above post.
  19. jr1nc Dedicated Player

ah ok hmm thats something one of the devs will have to clarify! i wish the best for celestial and i hope someone can give you some clarification!
  20. Unrevoke New Player

Not exactly. Gadgets and mental AMs take about 4 seconds to achieve MAX DAMAGE, then start over again after the big hit. HL on the other hand, takes 4 seconds to start hitting hard, it has no strong finisher like Gadgets or Mental. So a gadget player that can DPS for only 5 seconds at a time then need to stop, will put out way more damage than a HL player that can only DPS in increments of 5 seconds. HL seems like it only shines where it can sit back and do it's infinite construct rotation unbothered for an extended period of time.

I'm not too sold on the damage, I feel like the burn just isn't there and it's not worth the risk.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.