GU 41: If you are a Hardlight user check this out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rokyn, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I have proposed a much better solution to our AM to the Devs over at the testing feedback section and the thread titled "GU 41: Advanced Mechanics Improvements". I have collected and read all of your requests and if you have any extra suggestions you wish to add or anything you disagree with please let me know here below in a constructive and detailed manner and I will update my post as accordingly. Thanks for your time and best regards. GO HARDLIGHT!

UPDATE: If you agree with my ideas and post 100% please like my post in order for the Devs to take note that we actually want this change especially the majority. Thank you.
  2. Clip New Player

Thanks for the post over there.
  3. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

You know PS users cant post in there without pc legendary correct?
  4. Judgmental Jolt Well-Known Player

No, please.

I feel that if we legitimately want changes, we are going about this the wrong way right now. The developers have been kind enough to grant us with their idea of a solution and the first thing we do (before the changes even actually reach test) is criticize their idea and insist that ours is better? If anything, I feel that would make them LESS likely to agree with us. It makes it seem like we will not be pleased unless we get exactly what we want.

True HL players and supporters, please at least give the proposed changes a legitimate chance. AKA, don't leave feedback until you have actually tried it.

Technically speaking, this is SOE's game and they can do as they please, and design their powers as we wish. At most, we may vote with our wallets. I still find it necessary to be respectful and appreciative. Even if their proposition isn't what we want, we can have the decency to find out if it is a step in the right direction. From there, perhaps some tweaking may be in order.

On paper, my main gripe so far is the omission of Impact and Ram if the powers must be used immediately and consecutively.

Also, for the love of all that is DCUO, please my HL family, DO NOT turn the AM Improvement thread into a "HL is broken, make HL more better because my idea is the best thread" it is there for legitimate testing feedback, based off of what is actually available on test.

If we have legitimate concerns after testing, and are ignored (admittedly again), we will have our normal HL rebellion and protest
    • Like x 3
  5. Jax Prime New Player

@ Jolt.

Read the HL revamp thread and you will get an idea of how far our suggestion go in terms of improving Hard light. A major example is how they have completely changed HLs playability. It is a combo based power which never EVER needed a P.I. yet now they are strong-arming the use of P.I.s.

We asked, hell begged for a better AM to be competitive and actually enable us to play the power set as it is described (at least how it would make sense) but we are getting power regeneration. How does power regeneration encourage anyone to use combos that do very low damage?

Take Ram - Whipthrash as an example. That is a very simple combo and does moderate damage, yet it takes a very long time to execute and with no reward other than being blocked and ending up on the floor. There is no encouragement or even a slight reason to use this in any competitive setting.

The combo powers are described as high risk - high reward, yet HL is littered with High risk - No reward across the whole power tree. We ask for a damage multiplier as we use more of our constructs, which is within reason and would not make the power set OP. If that is too hard or too impractical then just buff or speed up our combos. Thats actually the top of what we ask for.
    • Like x 2
  6. DG-MOD-04 New Player

Thread locked. Keep posts related to the original thread in the original thread. Making multiple threads splits the discussion and makes feedback harder to parse. -04
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.