GU 39 Bug: Relogging Changes Marks Totals

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Penryn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm seeing some really weird behavior when trying to use the "Test Server PvE Currency" item.

Here is what I was starting with:
    [IMG]

If I use a Test Server PvE Currency item, my Mark of Triumph goes up by 1,000 and Mark of Fury hits the 100 cap:
    [IMG]

If I log out and back in, almost everything is reset to 1:
    [IMG]

If I use another PvE Currency item at this point, my Mark of Triumph count goes to 1001 and Mark of Fury goes to 100. If I use a couple more currency items and relog, I see this:
    [IMG]

I'm not quite sure what is going on, but something is FUBAR with the Currency Item and Mark Checker.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It just keeps getting weirder.

I just converted some Mark of Fury into Mark of Triumph, unlocked the two slots on my Utility Belt, teleported to my Base, powered up my Generator, and relogged. When I logged back, I was standing in Watchtower and it was as-if I hadn't performed any of my previous actions. My Utility Belt slots were locked and my Generator was at 0.

Also, my Marks count was different again.
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Seems like you are also going over the cap of marks that should have a much lower cap as well even with your start figures (unless I missed a cap change?). I'll see if I can reproduce this tonight.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm not sure how it went over the initial mark caps. I noticed my Mark amount was varying when I was trying to acquire some Mark of Triumph.

This is making life inconvenient.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As far as I can tell, this is being caused by logging out and logging back in. I tried this on a character I hadn't used in a LONG time:

First login:
    [IMG]

I then picked Switched Characters and logged back in with the same character:
    [IMG]

The mark amounts will randomly change on each login from there on out.
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Okay. I will see what I can/cannot reproduce. From your latest screenshot Replay Badges, Influence and Cash seem to be unaffected. Is this the case as well with your other attempts? Seems to be just marks/tokens from your screenshots. Is this correct?
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

From what I've seen so far, it is just a Marks problems. I've been able to reproduce the problem on some of my other existing Test Server characters.

If you aren't careful, that can lead to some weirdness like what I reported in Post #2.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I just had a leaguemate test this. After he relogged, his Mark of Triumph and Mark of Fury totals were reset to 1. When he relogged again, those totals were reset to 65535. Also, his mainframe and utility belt were reset.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I can confirm this bug, Plus my character keeps rolling back to were I have 19k or more MoF and MoT.
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Were they all set to 65535 consistently? If it is I wonder if it has something to do with the overflow issues in regards to Marks of Triumph (why we have a low cap) because of attempts to fix it?
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The 65535 number isn't consistent. The numbers vary quite a bit. Usually several marks will be set to the same value though.
  12. Katnikov Executive Producer

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've identified the issue on PC Test and are working to correct it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Larzhino Developer

This should be resolved when PCTest opens up again. Let us know if you still see issues.
    • Like x 2
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Any ideal if this is connected to my character being rolled back upon re-log?
  15. Larzhino Developer

Yup. Your save wouldve failed on logout when you got in the bad state. Let me know if you have any issues with the currency item with the latest build.

If you can get all your currencies maxed out in red and relog thatd be a great test.
    • Like x 1
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

I was wondering why I had over 4 billion MoT!
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea yesterday had over a billion MoT