Dev Discussion GU 22: New Artifact - The Clarion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Ranmaru, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Imjussaiyanbro New Player

Not sure where to post this but Allies are similar to artifacts so,

Will we ever be able to feed an ally we not longer use into another like artifacts? I’ve got a few they I most likely will never use and the more you release the more unused Allie’s we’ll have with xp on them even if it’s only half on non double favor days this would really be useful
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We got an answer awhile ago on this and it was a rather firm no. Don’t level up ones you don’t need basically. They will be getting locked to armories soon tho so there can be a use for a bunch of different combos soon.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They said from the start that you wouldn’t be able to feed them into other allies. This is why it has been advised by many to only get the ones you felt you could benefit from
    • Like x 1
  4. Espres New Player

Clarion shield doesn’t work if you have Orb of Orion on. Not sure if right thread
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Is the Clarion supposed to split damage from Arions Might, or is it bugged perhaps? I'm simply curious if it meant to split damage, or hit reach enemy with that amount of damage.
    Reason I'm asking, is the description states (at rank 200) that it will deal damage to all enemies near the primary target, for %40 of your restoration, plus %12 of your precision.

%40 of 69,000 resto is 27,600
    %12 of 75,000 precision is 9,000
    Added together it equals 36,600.

On 3 sparring targets I can get ~12k dmg for the hit every 6 seconds, which does indeed mean I'm getting the full 36k damage.
    On 8 targets, it'll only hit 6 targets, I get 8k damage on 6 targets, which means I'm actually getting 48k damage total for the hit every 6 seconds (which is more than the 36k it should be).
    On 1 sparring target, I'm getting the full damage hit every 6 seconds.

I haven't tested it on 5 targets, but I did switch to my other character (first was electric, this one is rage).
    %40 of 40,000 restoration is 12,000, plus 9,000 from the %12 precision, makes it's hit 21,000.

On 3 targets, it hits them for ~7k each, meaning I'm getting the full 21,000 damage.
    On 8 targets, it hits them for ~6k each (6 target max each time) meaning I'm getting 36,000 total damage from the hit every 6 seconds.
    On 1 sparring target, I'm getting the full 21k damage every 6 seconds.

I'm curious if the split damage is intended, and you simply get a bonus multiplier after 3+ adds, or if it's we're supposed to get the full damage per add, or how that works?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for more dmg, this artifact allows you to be powerful enough as is! Moreso I'm curious of the damage numbers difference between 3 and 6 targets, and if that increase with 6 targets is intended as well?

I first noticed the damage difference while running The One Who Waits, with 3 sets of adds, compared to the fight with murder machine where there are more adds running around. So I decided to double/triple check my numbers on sparring targets.

Thanks in advance!
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Like the clarion shield never happens? It’s a healer shield so it can overwrite or be over written by other healer shields. That’s intended. But if you mean it never procs because orb is on, that would be a bug for sure.

But definitely the right place to post about it.
  7. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I decided to level a Clarion on my ice tank and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. Thanks for the recommendation! It feels super useful in non-elite content. You basically don’t need a healer at all in reg alerts. The only time I lose value with it is when i’m tanking large groups of adds and I keep getting countered mid weapon combo. I’m currently spamming martial arts ranged attacks, but I’m thinking of switching to brawling mastery next DLC. Do you have any suggestions for avoiding the constant knockdowns? The simplest solution would be to run Circe’s or something when dealing with large groups of mobs, but I really don’t want to level another art on that toon. Any ideas for weapon combos to make it less annoying?
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you use "Chronometric Emitter cosumables"? if not, then starting to use you will partially solve your problem (they stun and it is several orders of magnitude cheaper than a new artifact;), as for weapons ... well, most tanks prefer one handed (very good control) or a shield (quick lunge)...
    • Like x 1
  9. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Yeah I do use them, but I'm a cheap bastard and save them for elite runs lmao. I'll use them more in reg then so I can stop complaining. I just want a weapon that attacks quickly to proc Clarion a bunch. I'm looking to go prec on this toon too so I'll probably go to brawling. Shield is a good idea though!
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Like Rej said, emitters solve the issue basically. I feel ya on being cheap tho haha. I use one handed and on occasion, brawling. But I like one handed. I’d get in the habit of ignoring clarion for the most part. I found myself concentrating on it far too much. Now, I proc it and lunge and then just act like normal with pulls and rotation. I’ve always hit shatter restraints halfway thru the counter of HL shield so now that the proc is in shatters place, that’s when I’ll hit it. If it gives me a shield, great cuz I can hold off on the next one. It still heals all the time so if I’m like wow I’m in trouble, I’ll proc it again. But yeah, either during emitters or resonanting is also a probable proc hit time for me now too. Think we’re all still getting used to it.

Circes was great for adds but I fed it into clarion. Leveling up an EoG for him so that will probably be what replaces clarion for elites tho I did run tsde with it on regular level and it was great. Also ran it in tsdr a few times for practice and out healed a couple of the random healers.
    • Like x 1
  11. JDIRS Well-Known Player

The Clarion heals do not seem substantial enough for most raids or elite content unless multiple players are using the artifact. If increasing the restoration damage or heal scaling would make battle healers too strong, I hope at least a slight increase to the precision scaling would be considered so devoted DPS may also even view the Clarion as a viable option.

Artifacts can be a significant time and resource investment for many players, utility for multiple roles can be very important, especially for an artifact that may be somewhat underperforming below max level or just not really able to keep up with the meta even at 200.