Test Discussion GU 122: The Clarion Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Sorry not sure if it was mentioned before in the threat but what are the shields based on? Are they based on flat artifact numbers or do they take after resto and dom of the healer?
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

I covered the Shield strength here. Shields are based on the Caster's Resto and Dom. The Shield itself will be applied to Group Members you have the Melody Heal and are above 95% health. So for instance of courser the Healer can cast it and you have the strength. Or, as in my testing. I cast my Weapon buff as a Tank. Lunge in and the Shield is applied starting off with it. During my testing I mistakenly tried testing being in Tank Role and getting it to break. In Open World testing, it wouldnt break. Maybe in Raids it will lol
    • Like x 2
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It is a very strong shield at 200. I forgot to also +1 whoever said that the animation should go away once it’s done vs lingering around. Didn’t seem like it turned into a mitigation effect but it looks like it’s still up and shows the symbol under our health bar tho you are taking damage. Could the sniper effect be applied here possibly? The one in the new raid how it’s like a timer. Starts with 3 symbols then down to 2 then 1? Mainly if it loses strength over time. If it doesn’t, then just having the animation leave sooner would be fine. Basically I’m thinking stupid players like me will see that effect up and Leroy a boss and be like oh well that didn’t work at all.
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

What is the maximum number of people this artifact can heal at a time? I would much favor it being an 8 player heal over a 4 player heal. To keep this relevant for raids.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That would break the artifact completely.
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

P
    I do not see how this would break anything. Having a 8 person heal in 8 person content keeps this relevant for elite raids.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This artifact was designed to be for battle healers while still being used for outside roles. Making to it can heal the full group will just lead to it also applying an 8man shield. The heals are a decent amount themselves so the heal itself would make it to strong even without the shield. What is to stop a healer from using HB pulse beam and have a consistent HoT between burst heals? This would take away all risks away from the artifact and make it a mandatory artifact.
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Aside from what Deity said, it’s not like the artifact chooses 4 people at the beginning of the raid and only heals them thru the entirety of the run. It will heal 4 players for some taps then another 4 while you’re doing some more taps a few seconds later. It’s already going to be very potent as is now that players take it all in trust me. Once it goes live with the recent changes, I may already be coming back in here to say revert the healing back to npcs. Which I wasn’t truly against, didn’t love it but the shield had to go to players only imo.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

This is "technically" an 8 player heal. The Heal will hit 4 people with the lowest health as the Weapon attacks are done. You'll basically get a heal every .5 seconds to 4 folks and as weapon attacks keep going, the heals will rotate to other with lower health. This is a very active heal that will eventually heal the whole raid as health declines. Also keep in mind those 4 players the heal hits that are above 95% health will get the Shield. Now I havent been able to test this in a Raid setting but I imagine by the description of the Art, anyone healed by the Melody buff get the Clarion Guard shield. So as each person gets the Melody heal, they'll get the Shield. Now the CD for them to get another shield will be 30 secs after the 12 sec duration OR if it breaks. I can see just everyone at one point in a raid could get the Clarion Shield so it'll just be popping off everywhere.
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

We're changing the shield, for now, to a different water bubble that doesn't overlap with Water player power bubbles. This will end instantly when the shield pops or expires. We have a client fix for the current FX so that it will also expire immediately but that won't be available until EP43. So for now, the graphic will change and later, we'll merge the two graphics for even better visibility when it's active.
    • Like x 4
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Y’all on fire this week! Thanks to everyone involved, very impressed with how fast and how many things you’re all doing and dealing with lately and still launching more things.
    • Like x 1
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

There is a small chance the placeholder FX won't play due to backend structure reasons that we won't know for sure until it's on PC Test in an external environment. I think it WILL play but you guys let us know over the weekend. Worse case is we use an existing water shield (not so hot to do) or we go back to what we have now which has a slight delay in the FX vanishing, until EP43. Fingers crossed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I was testing out Clarion's Guard in a raid-sized group and noticed that specific group members were being excluded.

Here is an example with a 5 player group that slowly decreases in size. Notice that "NerfRageBuffIce" never gets the shielding effect:

7 seconds - 4 people get the shield
    15 seconds - 1 member leaves the group
    21 seconds - Try it again. The named player does not receive the shield
    36 seconds - 3 people get the shield. The named player does not receive the shield
    58 seconds - 1 member leaves the group
    1:06 - Try it again. The named player does not receive the shield
    1:26 - 1 member leaves the group
    1:40 - Try it again. The named player does not receive the shield

EDIT:
    The only way I was able to get Clarion's Guard to proc on that player was to have everyone else leave the room.
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Empowered Restorative Melody is healing non-grouped players of the same faction. The "Non-empowered" version only heals grouped players.
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Am I confusing something or is this artifact not part of the new DLC (43?)?
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

It is intended for GU122 if things go well over weekend testing. There are plans for a different artifact (and an ally) for EP43 if all goes well.
    • Like x 2
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Guess 122 GU will be with St. Patrick's Day? I hope to be able to find time for tests despite the piled-up cases due to recent events in politics and economics ("surprising" what areas of activity it could affect ...) ...
    hmmm... will this affect the time of the traditional double XP for artifacts before the start of the new DLC?
  18. Aerith Rose Committed Player

l respectfully disagree. I am looking for an artifact to justify replacing it with page or purple healing ray. I am looking for an artifact and a battle heal play style that can be compatible with elite content. A common problem is in elite content with lots of damage battle healin just cannot keep up. I fore see this happening and healing 8 people would help. I don't think the heals from pulse beam alone would be strong enough to keep a raid group alive when taking high damage even with it healing 8 people.

To be honest I would love it to not even have an limit, and heal all group members plus pets. This would help brick tanks. Perhaps this is to over powered.
  19. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Probably a little late in this. Does this not work with weapon master? If so that kind of defeats the purpose of this artifact. If people are going to prec dps they will want to use weapon mastery.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What you are asking for is an op artifact that is mandatory. That is not the purpose of this artifact. This artifact is meant for those interested in battle healing. And battling healing has its limitations by nature you have to pick and chose when to do certain things. You full heal, you EoG heal, or you battle heal. Asking for this tie be strong enough to replace page or purple means it will completely break the artifact and makes choosing a play style irrelevant. Asking to for it to heal 8 members and pets is just ludicrous.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.