Dev Discussion GU 122: Legion of Doom: Open World Ultraviolet Nightmare Bosses

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Quixotic Developer

Not one to give up the fight, Sinestro has unleashed four giant Ultraviolet Nightmares upon Doomed Washington DC. Though only one is released in the doomed city at a time, it does nothing to quell their ferocity! Speak with Guy Gardner to join the fight against these Ultraviolet monstrosities.

Return here to leave your thoughts and feedback for the new bosses in Doomed Washington DC.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just killing one boss filled it for me. I don’t understand why there even is a counter if the goal is just to defeat a boss.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

its not
    its for defeating the adds that are spawned while fighting the boss
    right now they die quickly and with all the players cause graphical glitches so that might account for why people aren't seeing them
    as this dies down and there aren't full phase groups killing them you will be able to see the adds spawning
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

More of those things will be added outside of the actual boss fight, like with Giganta and the MERCY Robots.
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But if defeating the boss automatically fills the counter, then defeating the adds doesn’t need to be tracked because there’s no way to fight them without fighting the boss.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

now that I cant account for
    but I'm betting the boss accounts for 50 of them much like the Giganta one with the robots
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thank you. I’m really loving this new format for weeklies. I really enjoy defeating lots of adds, and for all the people that didn’t like it, well now they have a world boss they can do instead. Everyone wins! :)
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, it turns out that they are planning to add stuff separate from the boss fight, so mystery solved. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not only are there no adds separate from the boss, but I don’t think you fully thought it through when you made a giant snake NPC a boss. Like all snakes, it’s constantly dropping aggro and attacking with Flame Breath.

But because this snake is size of a skyscraper, the attack becomes an enormous cone that can’t be moved out of. Blocking only prolongs the inevitable, because it’s a boss and therefore the damage is tuned for tanks.

The only way to survive an engagement with this thing is dumb luck, which is a bit of a recurring theme with world bosses. Maybe that doesn’t bother everyone, but it bothers me a lot. Especially when fleeing to rally MAKES THE GAME CRASH! :mad:
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Anyone know the drop rate for the Enhanced Ultraviolet Lantern Emblem? IIRC it drops from this boss and I wanna make a UV Lantern girl since I've been making a girl for each Lantern Corps as I can (can't stand not knowing what the other newer ones are representative of yet!).