Grind complainers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Because like all gear with next DLC it replaces this DLC' gear.
    • Like x 3
  2. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I haven't done any of the new DLC so not exactly sure what 'grinding' is being discussed. I don't like the 'kill xxx mobs" and "interact with xxx people' type tasks, but you do get 8 Source Marks for them, and if you group with one or two people it doesn't take long to knock 'em out.
    I rarely raid; I'm a very casual player, so are people referring to having to do the same raids / alerts again and again to get feats and/or items / styles? Or does the new DLC have a ton of daily missions to do vice the usual 3 or 4?
    Just curious. Thank you.
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have to say, I am enjoying this DLC quite a bit. I am not sure I'd want a steady diet of it on future expansions but it is a nice change and the Devs should be congratulated for a job well done. Just my opinion.

A couple of observations:

1) The PTB have actually created a DLC that does NOT tempt you to spend your hard earned nickles and dimes on replays. The Bounties being unlimited , tied to the OP item and several feats means there is a big chunk of the game you won't spend replays on. Last DLS the OP item was tied to the normal system and I am sure many people spammed replays during double marks weeks/

Also on this point, tying extra gear marks to leveling up your new implant is a big plus and , again lessens your need for replays. We often pillory the PTB for grabbing money but it seems to me that this time the opposite may be true.

2) The bounty spam groups are actually a lot of fun and go by fairly quickly. I think the open world bosses will add a lot of length ot this DLC. I run high level ALTS and was STILL reaching for things to do over a month before this DLC dropped. In the last DLC were pretty much deserted after Thursday resets. I suspect these bounties will hum all week long.

Again, just my opinion
    • Like x 1
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ok now hang on. I mostly agree with you because you're very logical most of the time. But I feel like youre forcing this one on him. I feel the same way in regards to falling behind. I, like many others like to have the best gear/stats possible (NOT DAY ONE) but in a reasonable amount of time. I play three toons. And even though its only 3 days in, I currently do not feel that way. But ask me that in a month when I'm only a quarter of the way done getting everything I need and I'm tired of grinding the same bounties over and over and over again daily. And on top of that I have two other toons to occupy. I'm not downing the new content. I enjoy it to a certain extent. But when I only want to run the daily bounties once per ton daily after a month, In gonna feel like I'm falling behind because I'm no where near where I would normally be at in previous episodes progression wise. I'm still on the edge about how everything will play out but I just dont feel like spamming the daily bounties 5 times a day on each toon if that's what it's going to take to be where I want to be. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This DLC theres bounties that have no loot locks, that give a 2nd currency that's tied to the best gen mods and all new elite rings neck weapon that doesn't require renown to get them.

But requires 500 2nd currency and 95 DLC coin for just the weapon alone, you need around 5200-5500 to get everything iirc for 1 role on 1 character that's just from the new extra currency vendor ALONE, which you get 6-8 Mark's if you get credit or 3 if you fail the mail bosses and 12 from hydra or 3-6 if you fail hydra
  6. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I was perfectly find with the way the previous module was because I could grind out my main quick and take my time on my other alts. My alts had op legs with enough elite gear with the affinity bonuses a/b. It just goes to show that while people complained that they was bored with nothing to do that there were others that was completely fine with the way things were. I still give credit to the devs for attempting to switch it up because for a long time it felt like they didn't pay attention to anything their player base said. So if this is the direction they want to go then that's fine but I still prefer the previous way it was set up and I probably won't play as much this dlc.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The game has to cater to numerous playstyles. Some play only 1 character, myself included for a long time. And then some have 2 alts, some have 10. Business rule: make 60% of your client base happy. 100% isn't realistic. So maybe this makes 60% happy, maybe only 40%. But they tried something new so we can either roll with it while expressing our opinions or quit the game. They'll see their numbers and make decisions.
    • Like x 1
  8. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

This dlc isn’t stopping people who like to play multiple characters. You can still hop on and do your alert and dailies/weeklys on your alt and then proceed to grind on your main. You can wait to start the boss grind on your alt til you are finished with your main but still be gearing up your alt. Not only that but people are acting like if their alt doesn’t 100% of the things their main does then their alt is dead. You don’t need the 38.4 generator mods they are barely stronger than the 38.3. You can buy that feat from your main. At the end of the day people are just whining that they can’t get everything immediately like they could with the old dlcs. People with 2 billion bucks were excited about logging in day one and having the op gear bc they bought everything and having a full set of elite gear 4 days in bc they reset the first boss of an easy raid. Sorry but I’m happier this way.
    • Like x 2
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I don't think alts are dead. I'm planning on doing mine the same as before, run dailies, run weekly's. Maybe have to do event level for a bit on the raid and weekly I'll do bounties. Vendor gear/ drop gear is more than enough. Do I love this dlc? Still saving judgement. I still have plenty to do in old dlc but that clearly isn't going to happen. But I'm excited that I will probably spend the least amount of real cash for this dlc than previous and still have plenty to do.
    As far as gearing up, seems pretty trivial. I went into the raid (pug) and solo healed easily twice already at 308cr. League run was ridiculously easy. Moral of the story: everyone calm down
    • Like x 2
  10. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

“The least amount of real cash than previous dlc and still have plenty to do” well said no one has mentioned that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Beating a dead horse but right now none of my friends or league mates that I run the alert or raid with are on. I’ve done my solo and dailies. In previous dlcs I’d be playing the broker or standing around doing nothing til my friends got on. Instead I’m actively grinding and even getting a little sense of a head start on my buddies. Much more fun. Ok I’m done.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The grind is built in. Murk spawns every 1/2 an hour, with the other bosses every 5 min behind him, meaning when you do your boss run (day 1, day 7...whatever) you are best off doing it in one bite vs missing one boss cause you are doing your solo or alert and then having to hope to hit it on another rotation. Also with the new locked phases, you might enter a walkin or go to the WT and NOT be able to get back to your group. That's 1/2 an hour per toon, one time a week for 8 marks and a handful of Aether (I don't care about the gear as the drop blue/green will be clutter after a week or so when it's maxed). This assumes you also get all bosses on the way to Hydra. If you miss one, you miss Hydra, come back around again in 30 or tomorrow for another try. Let's compare this to previous DLCs. Calc took 5 min, Meta less. Synn and Nth take 5 min at most. Manbat would take 5-10 depending on the group size, and if he does his resetting thing, but none of the previous 8 mark bosses took 30 min...unless you decided to solo one (which was an option...it likely won't be here with the 4 min timer). The 2nd 8 mark boss same thing, Nth/Synn, Metal Titan, Gizmo/bot, Pod/Shogg/Golem, they were up at any time of day, and could be done in between other activities like the solo, or stabilizer mission, or jumping out to go get your other DLC solos or whatever quick you see shouted for in LFG. If you need Hydra, you'd better hope the group you just joined at Ares got Murk done, or you are going to waste 25 min waiting only to find he doesn't show up. See you in 30 min again.

Daily missions when you are doing the bounty run are no brainers, they are completed pretty much during the boss fight as adds are plentiful. When you are on a 'non-boss' day, you are basically killing 120 adds or doing 120 pickups or a mix of the 2...that will take 5-10 min...more if you are in a phase where you are competing for kills/pickups with others. Every day for 3 marks. People would complain about the 1 'kill xxx adds' missions to get 8 marks, and those were more apt to be grouped for, so done quickly in one sitting. No one is going to group you up for daily missions and you are going to kill a lot more than xxx adds. Also, that previous 'kill xxx' adds mission was cumulative with what you were doing every day. Some areas like Doomsday, you had to put almost 0 extra time into doing it if you ran your daily missions, not so here...dailies count for dailies only. This means an toon/alt you are trying to build marks on will be spending 35-70 min just on the daily missions +30 for the bounties (assuming no mistakes). Obviously raids and alert times will vary greatly, as they have in the past. I know I normally do not spend upwards of 2 hours a week on each toon I run the outdoors only.

Now the boss feats. Each one goes to 100 count. Each run will take 30 min AT LEAST. This assumes success on each boss...that probably won't happen in a week or 2 when the hardcore guys are done. So that's 50 HOURS of just doing bounties....do them weekly and not grind? Great idea...see you in 2 years when you are soloing them, or have to wait until there is a spam group deciding to do a batch that day. Hope your group is big enough or OP, cause if they are not, you can't just slug it out for 10 min like you can with the other bosses....these have a timer....try again in 30 min. Add to that the fact that most people don't really want to be spending 30 min of their playtime to run 2 year old content.

Sorry, but any way you slice it that's a grind. Compared to previous DLCs, I'm not sure how anyone can say it's not. Will it kill alts? No, will it lessen them....I'd say yes. I know I've already let a few slip to just collecting the free mark daily and the bounty run. Now I ran a lot of alts, sure, but from my normal 12 to the 5 that are pretty active(doing dailies+solo) I have not decreased the amount of time I'm online and have a lot less to show for it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

No one is saying it’s not a grind. I’m saying I welcome the grind over having nothing to do.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm fine with you enjoying the grind (yeah...you are relieved right?). Many people don't have the time to do it maintaining alts or NOT being forced to use replays to try and keep up. I put a lot of hours in on the game, so i'm fine with grinding it out too, except that when I chose to put that time in, it was so that I'd accumulate things on alts or farm for the future (source marks, cats, etc). At this point I'd need to put that same time in and will only maintain a minimum.

If you don't mind me asking...when you say you previously had 'nothing to do', so that this is a welcome change, were you running multiple toons? Were you using replays to advance faster than naturally intended (doing dailies, solo/duo/alert daily and weekly stuff 1 time a week?). Personally I look forward to the 'nothing to do' times on a current DLC because I can work on those alts, or farm old stuff like rare collections, or hey (novel concept) run some raids other than the current just to have some 'fun' or help someone out. I don't see doing much of that for a while.