Great Support Roles IDEA!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

My Second Post on here. Kind of addictive, just to get to throw my ideas out there and interact with you guys.

This post might make some people upset, but ill get right to it. So being that DPS is being the popular role in the game, it would be nice if the Developers showed more love or Support for Support roles(Tanks/trolls/healers). DPS may be the engine but Support Roles are the Gasoline no doubt about it.

So with that being said, there are tons of people who love being in Support role and simply do not care about DPSing like myself, but lets keep it 100, doing solos, operations, duos while in support role can be a drag. Long and tedious. Especially when in a group for duos or operations you will get these types of matchups; a troll +tank. Tank+healer, Healer+ troll. Many of you are probably going to say well then switch to dps role for burn, but thats the thing, gettin the benefits in Support role is what we love to do without actually having to switch to dps. Now im not asking for power buffs at all.

So my proposed ideas that will help PROMOTE and increase the population in support roles.

1. A stronger Weapon 2-3x stronger than DPS roles. Why? it makes soloing content much quicker since we utilize our weapons wayyyyyy more than DPS roles do, especially with the NEW AMS.

For Example; lets the highest weapon in the game is 500.0DPS.. A weapon locked only for support roles would be 1000.0-1500.0DPS. This could range anywhere in between there with tanks getting the stongest weapon, healer next, then trolls. Being that tanks powers are based on defense and blocking, it would make sense that they get the strongest weapon. Healers self explantory. Trolls are a battery for themselves so they still use their powers for damage, and debuffing so they would get the weakest weapon out of the support roles. (in the ranges 1000.0-1500.0) With the stats still increased the same you would do for any new weapon. This Also would promote and encourage people to love their roles that much more. As you feel stronger with your effects while wielding a stronger weapon. Better pace to missions, and not too much stress on solo and duo content. Especially with Ads health in the 50k-100k region

2. Support Roles need their own debuffs for their roles SPECIFICALLY...
    Example.
    A tank, a master in defense and Aggro, Should be also a master in Defense debuff and/or Reduced Damage Debuff.
    Healer, a master in Healing powers, Should be Allowed to have a healing debuff.
    A troll could either stay the same or changed to denying power over time effects along with defense debuffs, because lets be honest the most common debuff a troll walks around in his MAIN loadout is defense debuff.

I have more ideas but ill just leave this up for now. Let me know what you guys think..
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Just one thing, if I am a DPS, and the tank weapon is better than mine, I'll use the tank weapon instead of using the dps! This is simple and obvious!
    Leave the strongest weapon does not solve the problem. The resolve statistics. But woe would be unfair as a whole ...
    • Like x 1
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Actually I said Keep the stats the same as well as ROLE LOCKED.. i think you missed that part bro..
    So example.. What happens natrually when you put on a Support weapon. Your stats in your Offense Drop(Might/PRecision)
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

You really need to start reading other threads before throwing out these ideas. This particular "more damage for support in solo's" JUST got discussed for the 100th time in a recent thread on the very first page of recent threads.
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

i just found out.. Im a new member bro.. No remorse lol.. Besides i gave in depth new ideas on the second part..
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Oh there is a problem in the current DLCs can choose which roles the weapons we want, but until T5 this was not allowed! You picked up and used what was coming! If I am the earth, would use DPS or tank. What fall. Until optimal gear only the role I want. However if you do not allow me to use the weapon of my own role is complicated ai ...
  7. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

Ehhh, personally, this would be nice with some editions but I think first everyone is ready to see the end product of GU47.
    • Like x 1
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Yea im ultimately waiting to see what GU 47 is going to present us..
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Post gu47 thoughts. Support roles are sort of back in action. but i think these ideas and perks will make being a support role more fun..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.