Golden Ticket for the Vault

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KiaserX, May 15, 2016.

1. KiaserX Level 30

The vault needs more than a cosmetic makeover. While, I do enjoy the themes of the vault with the seasonals, I find the same green and blue items I can get elsewhere in game. I understand the idea behind the Joker’s saying of, “a bunch of useless crap …” but there should be some promotion that allows more rarity items found than the common ones. A golden ticket, perhaps, would fit the bill. By using a golden ticket, the player goes to a vault that excludes all the green and blues of styles found while leveling or in the PVP vendors. It would up the chances for the extra rare items like Journeyman Boots, Clinging Bat Gloves, and Joker’s Backpack. The old Promethean Box rings and necklaces could potentially be given a CR upgrade matching the level to the person wearing them. The point is to simply do more with the vault than what it is currently. With the new Xbox players, coming in it could be a nice way to bring in a bit more cash and give existing and new PS players a chance at some vaulty goodness. This is merely a request, and one I hope that can be taken seriously that would not require a lot of resources to accomplish. Thanks for your time.

~Roxley
    • Like x 2
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I still need Sharpshooter Legs. As long as they keep those and Checkmate Informant/Operative in there, they can switch out other styles as they wish.

Or they can do your golden ticket for a separate vault, which I think should already be triggered once we reach tier 5 or something as the default vault.
  3. Shadow Force Committed Player

You can get the legs from the vendor in the aqua cultural area from on the bots or atleast that will be so in the future it is on Test server.
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

They simply need to make a second Vault and let us choose which one we enter. The new one would have all different items. NO CHANCE of ever getting any item from the original Vault.

Problem solved.

Doesn't the On Duty menu say "Vaults" anyway?

This could be done in 5 minutes.
    • Like x 4
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I can, but I don't want to spend 70 marks for something that should come easily in the vault. :p
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

If you were to put aside the free Mark you get from the Vault now, you could have bought 20 of those legs... ;p

That's probably a literal statement :eek:
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Those marks are what I use for my tactical mod, supply drop, etc. boosts. While Premium, I was only receiving 20 per 60 days instead of 60.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Wasn't some of the Vault Styles sold in the PVP Style Vendor?? Could have sword I bought some of the last ones I was missing there a looooong time ago.

Did they change that??? or am I suffering from memory loss as badly as Backseid??? ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I like that idea. Its like an idea from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love it. Smart move there.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

It did say vaults until they move it to the 1-player tab. I bet they were planning more and then decided not to.
    • Like x 4
  11. Shadow Force Committed Player

You have to make sacrifice's sometimes.
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If I needed it for the feat, I would have bought it long ago. Thankfully, I have the feat on another alt. I may buy the style with replays when the style sharing starts, though.
  13. Skidmarc Committed Player

Lol, we waited sooooo long for the last vault update. At least we get marks now. I don't foresee them putting any changes in here anytime in the next year or so. I would love to be wrong but it is just another neglected area and there are other fixes that have priority at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, I'm wrong it does say "Vaults" in the list. Hmm... Maybe a new vault eventually?
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We should push this technicality as far as we can. :p
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

Okay, that may be an good idea...
    ...But if I so much as see one Oompa Loompa, I'm taking him down.
    • Like x 2
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

I think it's been plural for years. Lol.

It would be nice if they rotated the irems, and added new stuff.

It's one of those things that would take very, VERY, little time to tinker with from time to time, yet has had ONE change in 5 years -.-
    • Like x 1
  18. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Now that's funny.
    • Like x 1
  19. KiaserX Level 30

thanks for the votes of confidence. Yes, the vault is in need of changes and something that could be easily done. The original vault does have extremely rare items. I would daresay that a few are more than just a simple cosmetic change, but things that can be useful under certain circumstances. But, there is a lot of junk in there too and the loot table is too big. Marks have been in there for a very long time. Even before they made the switch to all triumph marks. But, there were exclusive vault style sets, that later went into other parts of the game. The golden ticket idea, would remove the greens and most if not all the blues along with the old Prometheus rings and necklaces. Add something new in the golden vault to make people desire and invest in it with SC or turning in a few old tickets for one gold one. The point is to make the vault worthwhile again. When I first played the game and even now, I appreciate the vault as a special bonus for legendary, premium and Free-to-Play players. I just feel it is something that deserves some love and some good tweaking, even if for a short time.
    • Like x 1