Going from Membership to Premium: Shield

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beard Maaaan, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I'm finding interesting things going from being a premium member, getting a one-month membership, and getting back to being a premium member. One of the suggestions I've read in these forums is before your membership expires, buy the first skill point in the Shield Stat tree to unlock the shield and the shield skill tree. And in fact the text on the first item says that it enables shield proficiency and access to the skill tree. I'd expect that if I ever respec'd the skill points, I'd lose the ability since I wouldn't be able to buy the first skill point.

This seems to be wrong information, or maybe it's bugged. When you turn premium it turns out that you can no longer add skill points to the tree... it's locked. You can't equip a shield. The error is that you don't have the proficiency to equip the shield.... even though you can look at your shield tree and there it is! Also, when you try to imprint using an armory you get a weird dlc error.
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The only way you can keep assess to your shield as a prem is if you created the character with the shield as their weapon.
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

You need the pack with the Shield in it from MP.

Don't remember the name but it's the one that opens up your mainframe and gives the shield included in it.

$$$$$
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Shield and the Home Turf Access are two separate purchases in the Marketplace. They used to be part of their respective DLCs (The Shield was in Last Laugh and the Mainframe stuff in Home Turf) before they went to the Episode route.
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

Incorrect and I checked to make sure of it.

It's called the "Gear Up" bundle and does exactly what I mentioned.:p
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That was a recent addition....they were not bundled before. So we're both correct, but now there are two options (if he doesn't want to pay for the whole bundle he can just get the shield upgrade only...which is significantly cheaper). ;) Unless that option was removed and I didn't notice it (will have to check later when I get on, unless you wish to confirm that for me). :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I think they changed that feat, you will have to buy the weapon in the marketplace, because if you lose subscription status you would automatically be unable to use the weapon.
  8. krytine Loyal Player

At one time years ago if you put a point or points on shield then you would keep the proficiency. But it was adjusted to be if you created your toon while you had legandary. But now i am not sure . Best bet you need to buy the bundle
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

If you are a member, save an armory with shield points, then go premium....your armory build becomes void.
    Also does it with home turf trinkets, and utility belts.
    • Like x 1
  10. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

There you go, just for you. Just kidding. Yeah, I've tried to stay within the boundaries of the free power sets and weapons. Figured something like that would happen, once my sub expired. And I really don't want to try navigate my way through the padlock palace.

Still torn about being freemium vs legendary. Maybe once my most of my mains were fully geared and modded I could switch? And have unlocked enough slots from inventory, shared bank, well everything. I don't know anymore.