Get rid of stat clamping already. It was a dumb idea.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lanternspartan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

People complain about what made them leave, ive done it for years myself, I btched and whined about some of the issues ive had while off in other games.

It can still be used as feedback, if theirs anything worthy of feedback in it.

And i feel enough of that feedback was addressed for me that not only returning proved to be worthwhile, but worthwhile enough to subscribe for the first time in DCUO. So i support him voicing his issue, even if he doesnt play anymore, maybe we can clear up misconceptions or update him on what has changed. Just gotta squeeze any usable information out of it. If not, then eh...
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Only thing I found stat clamping does is make content a little bit longe to beat. So instead of beating something in 5 minutes, it may take 7 minutes. The argument I hear, it makes old content play the way it should. I can tell you right now, no it doesn't.

Running through Fos 2, the part with the crytsal. while some of the group focus on the Sentry, someone is already running the crystal. Back in the day, we had to take down the sentry before running the crystal, we had to work as a group to protect the person running with the crystal. The last time I ran Fos 2, at the split, it was me and one other member of the group went up one side with Superman and Zod, while everyone else followed the tank up the other path. We were able to duo one side with no problem. Once upon a time, that would of been impossible without a troller and healer.

Inner same issue, we are burning through bosses, second boss we are burning through it so fast, even with the Bots coming out trying to heal it, doesn't seem to affect the fight to much. Brother eye is killed even before he gets to spin around the room.

I just find content is easier than what I remember when it first came out. maybe the fact that the game changed so much. At one time we only rely on powers and weapons. We didn't have utility belts, side kicks, henchmen, allies, pets (other then certain powers with them) nor artifacts. Sure mods came out, around tier 3 but even then, all it did was improve certain stats for the role you are playing.

I just find stat clamping more of annoyance than anything else.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

It will be easier when it came out, but just the bosses have to be engaged with, rather then simply roll over and die as a loot pinata.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

People will always hate what makes things less convenient for them, especially when being used to a certain convenience for some time. If said people enjoyed this game in the first place, they will adapt and still be here. If they do leave, I'm 100% sure there is more to it than just the Stat clamp.

Just because something is convenient, doesn't mean it's good. The clamp was made for a reason.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I personally do not like the stat clamp for the simple reason that it is punitive to me. I don’t plan on leaving the game over it but I am teetering on whether or not it is worth it for me to continue to be a legendary. For me, membership has lost its luster. I might as well be a freeloader - I mean a free to player as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i was gonna go freeloader as well but that was before my console broke down. now im just gonna say goodbye to gaming.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Legendary doesnt feel forced, la carte is a valid way to play now
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I hate the clamp. I %&$@ing hate it. it's crap. I don't care how many people want to stand up on the forums & defend it & I am not interested in debating the ins & outs of it with anyone. as far as I'm concerned, it's kak. it's kak that significantly affected the way that I play this game. I do endgame. other than that, I'm pretty much a solo player now. spending half a day in the Fortress raids was cool back when, but I am bolloxed if I'm doing it now. revisiting old content doesn't fill me with nostalgia. I have no interest in "experiencing the game the way it was meant to be played". I've already done that. & it's not my job to teach new players how to play. that's the devs job. but, you know, I guess lumping that responsibility on us is easier than knocking up some tutorials & guides.
    I apologise. that sounds a bit bitter, doesn't it? I'm not bitter, just disappointed.

but it's cool. I just won't get those feats. I'm fine with that. like I'm fine with never getting the new shiny thing in the new Booster. like I'm fine with not getting the collections from TCs. like I'm fine with not having the pvp / lpve feats. genuinely, don't care. I'm good.

I don't have to pay my membership, now. but I do. I pay it because the bits of the game that I do like I like a lot. & I like to feel like I'm mucking in.

I understand your frustration, if there's a line drawn - believe me - I'm standing on your side, but the thing is what it is. they're not going to change it now. best anyone can hope for is a few tweaks here & there as we go forward. but it's here. & it's not going anywhere.

embrace & enjoy the stuff that you do love about the game, mate. ignore the rest. it's not worth the tears or the grey hairs. in the end, it really is only a game.
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

So very true.
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

You dont want to believe it isnt as bad youre making it out to seem worse then it is. We can show you how you're misinformed about the stat clamp, but its up to you to be open to that infomation.

The sub however i cant tell if if you find the sub worth it.
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Being a legendary member use to make me feel special. I don’t feel special at all anymore. I don’t feel appreciated at all anymore. And I’m not really sure about how Daybreak as a company feels about those of us who are members, (I’ve been loyal since 2014) or how they view those of us who are end game players.

My membership expires in a couple of weeks. This is the first time I have ever given thought to not renewing, and that makes me really sad. Stupid huh, feeling sad about not renewing a membership to a f2p game. I love this game. It’s special to me. So a decision like this, for me, I akin to cutting ties with someone you loved who doesn’t really love you back anymore.
  12. SpyderBite Active Player

Fun fact. Less than 10% of any player base has ever visited the official forums for their favorite game.
    • Like x 3
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I'm on pc and i never said i wanted the clamp removed i said it should be optional.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

I kinda think it copium lol. You dont feel special anymore that you arnt forced to shell out 15 dollars a month for full access to your cash? You dont feel special that they arnt charging you anything to run content without legendary? The perks finally offer you ingame benefits, rather then just offering simply an un-gimped experience.

How is that making you feel any less special for making it so a subscription doesn't feel mandatory anymore, but also giving you benefits on top of the benefits for being a premium member for being legendary for just logging in.

Youre simply used to the old system, the new system is attractive to players more unfamiliar to the old system.

If you want the old system back good luck trying to argue that players shouldn't have access to their cash and all DLCs without shelling out because the old system makes you feel special.
    [IMG]
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I never said that nor did I ever advocate for that. Yes, call me snobbish but the old membership did make feel special because I had access to things that set me apart from others, like being a member to an exclusive Country Club. Now the Country Club is open to the public but still charges it’s previous members the same rate for bland benefit.