Get Ready For The DCUO Name Reclaim 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Name Reclaim 2015!

Finding just the right name for your character can be tough, especially in a game like DCUO where millions and millions of characters have already been created, locking up their millions of names. It's even more frustrating when the character with that perfect name you want hasn't logged in in years or never even made it off of Brainiac's ship. That's where we come in.

Let's Free Up Some Names!

Shortly after January 20, 2015, we will be "reclaiming" names from characters on inactive accounts, and freeing up those names so that you or anyone can again use them when creating new characters or renaming existing ones. Here's how that works:
    • Characters on accounts that have not logged into the game since July 20, 2013 (or, in the last 18 months) will be renamed.
    • Renamed characters will have an underscore and Roman Numeral added to their existing names.
      • Accounts and characters will remain otherwise intact. No characters will be deleted.
    • Those names will become automatically available to current players through the regular character creation or rename processes.
    Last Chance! Save Your Name!

If you haven't logged in since July 20, 2013, and do not want to lose your characters' names, you have between now and January 20, 2015, to log into the game. Simply logging in once will preserve your names. The actual renaming will then take place a few days later. Check back for the exact date.

If you know of friends or league mates who might have stopped playing but would want to keep their names, please help us spread the word before January 20, 2015, so that they won't miss out.

For everyone else, get ready to name or rename your characters with some new, old names!
    • Like x 75
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You can just comment on the actual announcement. Thread not needed.

Edit: the two threads were merged, disregard the above. ^^
    • Like x 2
  5. Major Penance New Player

6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I would make those toons get an auto number...such as Autonumber 1, etc...and provide those toons a respect token...
  7. Cyclotrode X New Player

wow! a lot of folks are gonna like this.
    • Like x 4
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Doh! I thought it was locked for some reason.
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Wow.
    • Like x 1
  10. Major Penance New Player

To all the Devs...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

First I would update the user agreement and state inactive toons will be deleted after 18 months of inactivity...I state this as managing data for unused info can be expensive. This would provide some saving to DCUO and provide players the ability to use names that are being taken up by toons not in existence so to say...
    • Like x 1
  12. El Presidente Well-Known Player

About time :D
    • Like x 2
  13. nogimmick New Player

if they stopped playing why would they care about keeping their names?

i stopped playing GTAO a while ago and i don't care in the slightest what happens to that character...
    • Like x 9
  14. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

lol can't wait for the sh*t storm this is gonna cause. I'm not complaining, good idea, I just like watching people cry.
    • Like x 4
  15. Ch3wtobacco New Player

wow a whole 2 weeks to get a hold of people, mepps?.. sssoooo kind of you..not
    • Like x 4
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Will this be a recurring thing? As in, every month any account that has been inactive for 18 months will have its characters renamed?
    • Like x 6
  17. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

This is the best news that I've seen in a long time.

A few questions...by "logging in" do you mean the account or the actual character? Will this be a reoccurring process, meaning after 18 months this happens or a one time event?
    • Like x 4
  18. Dylan Top5 New Player

lol @ all those people saying it will never happen

and congrats to DCUO, this should make you guys alot of money :)
    • Like x 4
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Logging into any character on your account will mark you as active for all characters. You don't need to log into each and every one.

We don't have specific plans to do this again, but of course it would be possible if we see the need.
    • Like x 17
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is specifically just for January 20, 2015. Names won't automatically open up when they reach 18 months after this.
    • Like x 10