Generator Affinity Mods

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Halcyon81, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Halcyon81 Level 30

I was wondering if there were plans in place to make Affinity Mods C and D more suited to DPS that don't play the role of thier powerset very often or at all?
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would like to have them associated with an armory... or at least have two sets of slots: one for Damage, one for Controller/Healer/Tank.

Same goes for the tactical mods. Put them in the armory, not the gear itself.
    • Like x 4
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have three bases. There’s only one set.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

What if the C and D slots could be updates to the Artifacts. It would be a nice way to get around the current limit without having to grind more Nth Metal.

C could be a slight increase in its ability.
    D could be a slight increase in its stats.

Example: Solar Amplifier

C = At beginning of cast Heat Vision will burst target and surrounding enemies on fire
    D = +1% Might while Heat Vision beam is active
    • Like x 1
  5. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I can see you had no reply about this but I agree that C & D need to have might dps option. C does have a prec dps weapon buff mod but nothing for might.

Its just uninspiring to have no useful mods to drive you to get 6 & 8 pieces of elite gear. The elite gear is more expensive than ever this dlc and besides the base stat increase it would be nice to have mods that reflected the fact that you have a set of elite gear.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No thank you, forcing ppl to use armories is bad.
    I dont use them for the biggest reason most who dont use them refuse. And that is because the moment you save an armory, its outdated.
    If u earn sp, your armory is too stupid to know to keep that sp where you put it.
    Get a new piece of gear? Yup, armory is too stupid to know you want it equipped.

Armories in this game suck, its the sole reason i only dps and dont troll too. Im not goin to my base everytime something happens to resave so its current.
    Its dumb, cumbersome. I have 4 armories with nothing imprinted but a style i like so when i swap armories all it does is change how my toon looks. Thats the only use they have till they make them functional
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, it's awful going back to your base. It's a hundred mile trek, uphill, in the snow...there really should be a way to click "warp" and then you're just there. Especially since we're getting new pieces of replacement gear like every twenty seconds. It's like a new gear pinata. I also hate the idea of being close to the end of a boss when a tank goes out and can't be picked up and then I'll be clutch by switching in combat so we don't have to do the whole thing over again. Awful, awful stuff, LOL.
    • Like x 6
  8. Shalayah Committed Player

Having no armory seems like a hassle if you have multiple playstyles for each role.

I have an EOG heal and a pure healing armory
    I also have a Prec DPS, ST Prec DPS, and 2 might DPS armories.

I’d rather go to my base every time I get a new piece of gear or a few SP than to just rock no armory. That seems like much more of a hassle to change your loadout and gear manually. Imagine going into a raid as a DPS but they need a healer. I’d have to manually change my role and put on my gear/artifacts instead of just pressing L2+R2 and selecting the armory I need. Also as a dual role. Its impossible to clutch a situation where the main healer goes down. We’d have to wipe because I don’t have an armory to switch on the fly.
    • Like x 3
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It’s the only way to combat switch… and you have different setups based on your role. Therefore the only way to do it is to tie it to the armory.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

This is why i change nothing ever. If armories were ever “fixed” from what i see as wrong i’d have dif builds an troll etc but till then its why i change nothing ever
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To each his own.
    Warping is a gamble, i sometimes DC. Also i have very very limited game time now days so yea, warping takes not, not much but takes time an thats time away from what i need to be doing.
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

As i said, this is why i only dps and i have 1 loadout that works for everything. Till armories work better i have no need to switch to anything
  13. Shalayah Committed Player

I don’t understand why you think Armories are broken. Is it because you have to update them whenever your character progresses?
    That seems like a weird reason to not use armories but to each his own I guess.
    • Like x 2
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My only issue with armories is that we can't map more than 4 of them at a time. Otherwise they generally work great.
    • Like x 4
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I never said they were broken, i said “till they fix whats broken to me”.
    Yes, havng to go update it an remprint it everytime something changes to me is a hassle, cumbersome, and eats up game time little by little. It aint alot of time but it adds up and when you dont have much to begin with, it can really add up so no, i dont use them because they dont function for me.
    I get that 1 sp dont change much of anything, but im OCD and they matter to me so each sp means a trip. Each piece of gear means a trip, each anything means a trip to redo it.
    To me the sp should default to wherever your currently spending it and gear should be best stat’d gear for the role. If the armory even had a shred of sense then they’d be useable to me but they dont so they arent lol
    To each his own. Im not even advocating them be worked on. I genuinely do not care. Just responding to the suggestion of having the affinity mods attatched to armories. I say no because some of us dont/wont use them or keep them updated.
    Im the one that looks for reasons to NOT even go to my base. I dont want anything to do with any of it so im aginst an idea that’d force me to use a feature i think doesnt work well and is poorly made. Thats all 3)
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's laziness is what it is.
  17. Shalayah Committed Player

But you said yourself that you don’t even change your build at all so Affinity mods being attached to your armories won’t even affect you lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

They will if i have to start using an armory to have them.
    And yes, i do not change anything because of the armories. I’d love to have multiple builds an do so with both roles but I just personally dont think the armories function well and dont want any changes that’d force me into using one is all
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except its not, its time restraints.
    As it stands i often dont have time to even get on there an do the daily stuff at times much less waste time warping back to re-imprint. Im simply aginst ideas that’d force me or players like me into using a system that in my opinion doesnt work well.

Also, since you think im lazy…….
    What you call lazy, i call being a good father, good husband, having great work ethic, preferring time with my family over warping to an armory to re-print.
    Its tripple marks (marks i could use) but today for fathers day i didnt get any of that done.
    Instead i cared for my sick 5 yo and sick wife. Took care of the baby so she didnt bother them, mowed the lawn while she napped, cooked all 3 meals, am currently at work on a break doing a 16 hr shift.
    Yea, fogive me if thats being too lazy to use armories……. If only i could be less lazy like you
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But you made the time to type this out. Happy Father's day.