Gender respec token.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rushsteel, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Rushsteel Active Player

It's a tough life out here trying to make dcuo money. So for the low low price of 2k dbc can we be able to swap genders?????
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

always wanted this but I think they said they couldn’t do it. Forgot the reason
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

apparently, it can't be done. or it can, but the work involved would be prohibitive. I forget which. but, yeah, by all accounts, that's a "no".
    • Like x 2
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

As already stated this is a topic that has been asked for numerous times but the dev response has always been no. YES other game shave that option but as I recall, its been a while, the method used to attach clothing to the character's body differs somehow between the males and females so it would require a massive revamp of that set up to allow the switch. Part two involved the fact that there are certain outfits that are designed for female or male only.... perfect example off the top of my head would be the Gothic "fishnet stockings" that are available to buy. Now you can give a pair of them to a male character BUT they are unable to select and have them appear on your male alt(s). You can run into the same obstacle grabbing gear from the various vendors below the war Room in the Watch Tower. There are certain items you can go ahead and buy with your in game cash from a vendor but its coded as "female only" and a male character can not put it on... Good example of the top of my head if the Wall Street Skirt available as "LEGS".

The general opinion has always seemed to be .. HEY you have a number of character slots to begin with and can BUY more up to 32.. YOU want a female super hero or super villain? MAKE ONE.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Just a polite correction - you can actually wear these as a male toon.. not that I have - i'm VERY open to the sexy male looks BUT this kinda never sat well with me lol

re: the topic. I agree - wish we had it
    • Like x 2
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay now I need to go check that I have one male ALT that I accidentally got a pair of those for but I could have sworn I had trouble even trying to add them to inventory. LOL

ON topic.. yeah I played City of Heroes/ Villains before winding up here and we were able to switch gender at will. And I know the main reason some players would like it. SO you have an ALT at CR 274 with 300+ SP, all the artifacts are over 160 and your augments are maxed out but you'd like to switch from male to female or female to male... SURE you create a brand new toon and start all over again or even spend a small fortune and but all that SP with replays and get artifacts and augments high again buying a ton of Nth metal and of course spend another small fortune buying source marks and time capsule to get that armor up OR they could just sell you a token to switch genders.

Oh by the way..... Been a while so I forget but as I recall a gender switch on COH was FREE.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kaminuse Active Player

Hope that one day my beautiful lady will be my main man.