Gem Of Horus Artifact needs buff!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Juiceman936, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Devs at 200 level this artifact has been nerfed too much. It needs adjusting. I think both the cooldown and power cost at the very least. It is a precision based attack so when we spec weapons expert in the sp tree, we lose a percentage of power regen.

Because of this Gem of Horus should be adjusted properly or raise the Damage accordingly. It’s costing too much power and not enough damage being done from talon strike ability aka Gem of Horus

Also there is another issue....

Gem of Horus mechanics are not viable for all weapons.

To clarify, GoH requires the hit counter to get up to 13+ hits for the extra crit bonus while the bleed effect is still active. Some weapons are so slow, by the time the hit counter is up to 13, the bleed is gone and the opportunity for the extra 300% bonus is gone also.

To be honest, It’s a good artifact if the player can maintain the hit counter specifics of the artifac but few weapons can keep up. I think it needs to be reworked.
    • Like x 5
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

I started messing with precision builds and found this art to be useless (imo) unless you have the dw into flurry weapon mastery. Only other ones I think MAY benefit are martial arts and possibly bow. This being said, I don't know ALL weapons, but I have my favs lol.
  3. Fwames Well-Known Player

Finally got my GoH to 200 on my fire toon...and it was shite! I'm not gonna complain how bad the damage was even with that 300+ modifier because I know from the get go that it was but I damn boi! Even the AoE range is frustrating.

I levelled it up coz because I thought that the bleeding DoTs paired with trans strat combo makes a cool display of flowing crits and damage and it was! TBH my damage with the GoH, Trans, Strat combo was decent enough that I doesn't even bother me or teammates but in reality leaving it alone would probably be the better option but overall I'm having a blast with it.

Nonetheless, for such a high power cost ability it should really do more damage or at least have a look at it's AoE range at 200
  4. zVeNoMouSz New Player

I certainly agree it needs buffed. It's also very inconsistent on the 300% proc.
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yep, the hit counter needed for it’s certain affects needs to be reduced, and it’s cool down needs to be shortened as well, because it’s basically useless as of now
  6. Fwames Well-Known Player

I'm fine with the hit counter being as it is now since I'm using brawling SS but I do get your point. Some weapons can't really get a kick out of it. What if they have a tier for the additional dmg based hit counter? That way slow hitting weapons could still benefit from it but not as much as faster weapons. Then again as it is right now that 300% is really not that much, for real. Sometimes that 300% is even just as strong as the regular one, I don't know if that is a bug or it is just way to inconsistent on it's damage.

I haven't tried it pre-nerf so I don't have a say on what it really does before but can someone explain how and why it was nerf?
  7. zVeNoMouSz New Player

When it was on the test server, the 300% damage did not split so hit hard. They nerfed it before it went to live server.

I am also using brawling SS. I noticed I have to get to 15 for it to proc as I get hit count that are "unidentified." What arts are you using with it? Are you clipping might at all or strictly Brawling SS?
  8. zVeNoMouSz New Player

I'm curious how it pairs with that new amulet artifact. Given the new art props on power use and the talon strike is 400 power cost. More than any regular power move.
  9. Fwames Well-Known Player

I'm clipping SS with fireball primarily if my other abilities are on CD. I'm using trans strat along with GoH.

Maybe that's the reason why the 300% bonus was way to inconsistent, it needs 15. Well 15 is 13+ lol.
  10. Evolution New Player

I agree, this artifact looks great on paper but on practice not so much, it needs a revisit from its maker, test dummies testing is not raids testing, even its stats are kinda low, when i can not reach 15 combo hits....or 11 due interruptions on a boss fight, i feel like i only have 2 artifacts basically ( trans and strat ), coz GoH does nothing for me on too many boss fights where i need a good single target prec artifact.