Gear Progression Advice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

So I'm a bit confused about the gear progression. The gear drops have a min and max level from the loot boxes. Now the gear level when attuned seems to be tied to my current gear level or increases by +1. It won't give the max level. But there are people who say that if I get all the gear to the same level, the gear you attune after will be higher than the +1 that I'm getting.

Could someone clarify the mechanism of this or how to achieve that? I'm confused because I am currently at gear level 311 and the gear I'm attuning seems to be 312 and not 315 (which is the max level of the gear from Death Metal Washington daily). Is there something I'm missing to get to 315 without having to do it level by level?
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  3. Prindacerk Committed Player

The CR is tied to the gear right? I am currently at CR357. just wondering if the jump in level is possible or if it would always be in increment of +1. I know I can buy preset level gear from Episode Vendor (Catwoman/Lobo) or Save the Universe Vendor (Rip Hunter). But I'm asking about the loot from the dailies or raids.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You want to start by replacing your lowest level piece of gear first. Hold off on opening any other gear boxes until you do that first.
    • Like x 2
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

That's what I did and brought all my gear up to 311. Still, I am not getting anything above 312 in the loot.
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would recommend running the Tier 6 open world mission to buy the better gear from the vendor instead of relying on the gear drops. Also, if you were to buy the bombardier gear from the Quarks vendor, equip that, and then you should be able to be granted the higher level CR gear from the drops.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So your overall CR is 357? If that's correct than green boxes should open up at 312, blue boxes should give you 313 and purple boxes should give you 314.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Gear from EEG will open to a maximum that will get you to the minimum of the current dlc. Once you reach that point hear from EEG will not boost you further. At that point you have to start getting gear from the dlc I’m order to progress. Eventually the only thing that will increase your gear will be the vendor gear from this dlc. You should’ve been running this current dlc so you could get marks. If you were running the current dlc (even the event version) while you were leveling up than you should have marks saved up to buy vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. Prindacerk Committed Player

I have saved up about 110 Death Metal tokens. Not enough for the Elite gear. Still don't have enough renown for Elite anyway. So slowly building up for that and accumulating the tokens. I was just curious about the loot drops because someone told me that I should be getting a lot more than the +1 gear I get. So I was curious what I was doing wrong for my drops to still remain low.

If Vendor is the way to go to next level, I guess I will have to get the Renown in Elite and then buy those gears once I have saved up enough tokens.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can get accessories first. Rings/neck/face/weapon. There are no elite version of those. So get them to boost your cr that way your dropped green/blue/purple gear is boosted and opens to a higher score
    • Like x 2
  11. Prindacerk Committed Player

Thanks. That's a great idea. Appreciate it.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah. But you can simplify the whole process of trying to figure that out by using the tool at the bottom of the link I posted above.
    • Like x 1
  13. Prindacerk Committed Player

The link really helped. I managed to get myself up to gear level 323 now with CR 367.

Did a dumb thing of buying accessories for DPS instead of Troller (didn't check the role properly). Waste of Death Metal tokens. But atleast it let me upgrade my other gears.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t worry to much about that. Trolls vit isn’t that high anyways lol. I say replace the rest of your gear first and when you get enough marks replace those dps pieces last.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The thing I do to make sure I never do that is switch to an armory that is the roll I want to buy gear for before opening the vendor. That way the wrong roll gear will have red numbers. Red numbers are NEVER good!
  16. Prindacerk Committed Player

I should remember that in future. Good advice.