GCPD Batman Helm

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

As a huge Batman fan this has been quite the year in DCUO. While some of the legends skins weren't entirely accurate I still appreciate each one of them as a variety of The Bat. Something that completely outweighs those skins was the GCPD Batman Helm. I personally returned to the game as a Premium player to grab the helm and the fact that this helm is available to ALL players actually made me want to sub even though it was not necessary to get the helm style.

Bravo to those involved at SOE/Daybreak on this little but very awesome addition to DCUO. I see some people complaining about the helm but I honestly prefer it over some of the other members of the council. Primal and Future would have been awesome additions as well but I cannot complain with what was delivered especially since it looks pretty awesome. It opened a lot of back stories for a few different and newer characters that I have been able to create this week. Hopefully I'll get a chance to share them with the DCUO community.

With that said I'd love to see an expanded Marketplace on DCUO featuring cool items from more characters within the game and even some that aren't included in the game but can be referenced in the comics.

TL;DR
    The helm is Batass™ and you earned a subscription solely off of that style. Maybe add some more cool styles like this to the MP?
    • Like x 3
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

It is a pretty awesome helmet huh? I use it in one of my armouries :)

I do hope they start developing more styles like this. It has a clean finish and fits very well with other combo of styles.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Haven't gotten around to pursuing it yet on my characters and I've only seen limited screenshots, so there is an aesthetic question that comes to mind about it.

Is that helmet one that ends up being flush with a high-neck chest piece, so that there's no gaps of skin showing on the neck? It's a little thing but one that always annoys me a little when I see exposed flesh between armor-style helmets and chest pieces, like it's a weakness waiting to be exploited. LOL
  4. Juxes Committed Player

This is exactly what I'm saying.

They seriously need to expand on the marketplace with more cosmetics to make customers stay longer. I would love more Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Deathstroke, Green arrow, Flash etc styles in the marketplace along with some other stuff like vanity pets and hero/ villain inspired hoodies. Have all the council members head items in the marketplace! Primal batman helm, Space commander author helmet etc. Elemental aura, more animal skins with a moving tail, Gorilla skin, Sgt Rock, Firestorm inspired styles.

So many opportunities yet they aren't willing to take advantage, I want them to have my money soooo bad.
    • Like x 3
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Could be one of those situations where DC would be the better people to talk to, though. Good chance they've got final say in what kind of hero/villain-themed gear can go into the game and how.
  6. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Yeah like how we couldn't get a Green Aura til last year. (Not iconic gear but still)
  7. Juxes Committed Player

Yea licensing sucks total butts sometimes.
  8. Lionxoft Committed Player

Yes, there is a neck gap but I just color it to the shade of the neck area of the chest or the helm. Can't tell the difference really for my style. For me it's really a non-factor but I can see how it would bug someone.
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dang it all. :confused:

I'll probably still try and get it, though. :D Thanks for the info.
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

It's from a collection Multi-Dimensions of the Bat. It's a fairly cheap one on USPC broker. Probably not even 100k altogether.
    • Like x 2