Game updates every single time before launch?

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by m2stech, Mar 10, 2013.

1. m2stech New Player

From 2 weeks ago, every time i try to play the game, the launcher takes longer time than before to load and when it does there is an exact 653kb update that happens every time, this slows launching the game!
    is that normal ?
  2. Aiden Warren New Player

Could be a memory cache issue.
    Try Validating game assets
    it will scan all files and check for any missing or corrupted files and checks that all files are up to date.
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Aiden's right. Validating your game assets should replace any missing files for the game, If it continues, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so we can further assist you.
  4. m2stech New Player

I did as AIden said, but didnt fix the problem, again the exact same update.
    How do I submit a support ticket ?
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Go on www.soe.com and click on the support tab on top. click on service history on the right side and sign in. After this, click on "open a support ticket" and enter the necessary info.
  6. MolleaFauss Active Player

I had the same issue. Sent a ticket and Customer Service told me that "it should be that way".
    Nonetheless now that GU24 is live, I don't experience that issue anymore.
  7. m2stech New Player

Just like Mollea the update 24 completely solved the issue for me and now the game launches about 60 secs faster, which makes me believe the mini updates before update 24 were responsible for the issue.
  8. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

I used to hate the updates before I got a faster internet connection now I don't mind so much
  9. Armada New Player

Yea same here, I lost count on how many times i had to repair the launcher because it would cause the .exe file to move or be deleted after it finished replacing the launcher files.
    After GU24 my launcher hasn't been downloading/replacing any files.
    I assumed it has been fixed for everyone but it looks like some people are still having this issue.
  10. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

If anyone continues to have problems, please let us know.