Test Discussion Game Update 63: Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Does your character own a base? It will be greyed out if you don't own a base or if you are in a PvP arena.
    • Like x 1
  2. spord Developer

The Time Capsules stack to 999.
    • Like x 3
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Couple of minor bugs. Nothing game breaking. More polish than anything else.

- The feat progression on the Auras incorrectly labels the aura as an emblem. See screenshot below for an example of what I'm referring to:

[IMG]

- In at least 1 instance, when fighting Captain Boomerang, he used his old model. The one which is currently used as a vendor in the Hall of Doom (the version without a hat). I don't think he used the same powers as the hat-wearing Captain Boomerang. Not sure if this was intended or not. The hat version looks much better though.

- Killer Croc will occasionally apply the Poison DOT which you get in the Lighthouse Duo and have to remove from one of the water fountains dotted around the map. Obviously, in this instance there are no water fountains, so it's impossible to remove the DOT. It's not a big deal as I don't think anyone will ever struggle or die from it. But I figured I'd mention it anyway.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Boomerang is intended. We'll get the rest. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Those are two different Captain Boomerangs, that's why ! Not different models :)

If this is a bug, I'd like to also report this happens in Wayne Manor.
    • Like x 1
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well this isn't something that needs too much testing, it's RNG so you can't really say not getting a specific item means it's broken, I did get a lot of Will collection pieces in 5 boxes, I believe it was 6, rest where I think 3 fear and 2 red. Out of 5 boxes only 1 had a Batman style piece, again not a big deal as it is RNG and out of 6 boxes I guess it's normal that only 1 has the style. Rest where emblems which is great that they all have a feat, and 2 mods which I can't use on Light (btw it sucks that Light players can only use the crit chace mod and the SC is pretty much useless for us, and that's even if it exists because chances are it doesn't).

Now the issues I do have

1- Batman styles have 4 different ones, does it mean each role has one like the old Kryptonian T3 styles, which means do I need to change the role of my character to get a feat for each?

2- Capsules drop every 20 minutes on the dot, and you don't even need to move during those 20 minutes, all you need is to find anything and kill it and you get a Capsule. My issue with this is that you only get 1 fragment a day or 1 key per 5 days if you wait, but as skull mentioned before it's way to unbalanced as this is just forcing players into using the marketplace for all the wrong reasons. The market shouldn't be a way to progress in the game and with this giving you feats and actual usable gear it doesn't seem fair for any player to know you have a way to progress by just buying a key from the market. It makes earning the feat meaningless and even ruining the instance pointless. And sure you can say the boxes will return so even if you don't get everything now you can still later, but that doesn't change the fact that a player with enough cash on hand has a clear advantage over those that don't, and this is beyond having or not a membership, this is geared towards making us use the marketplace to earn feats which is completely against what players have been asking for years. Even if I save my Capsules and only open 1 every week, what about the other 20 still on my character?.

Now my suggestions, you can pick one or all or just none, I'm just trying to help you guys as once this hits live more people will complain about the same thing.

1- Make Promethium Lockbox drop a fragment, since you say those aren't profitable then make them, add a fragment to their loot table while the event is going on.

2- Add a fragment to the vault, again something that even members would need to pay for to do over and over in a day.

3- Add a fragment plan to the gear vendors, make it so 100 scraps means 1 fragment, in other words make use content other than the instance to get them.

4- Make the instance give more scraps by making it work like an actual duo, and no I don't mean make it harder but considering how long this took to make it just way too bland. At least make it so you fight a boss you get a scrap, but also add more bosses, make it so after every wave we get a boss and like a duo it's 3 bosses and so 3 fragments. You can even make it the same replay cost as an alert which would still be fair considering buying the key is still cheaper.

The point I'm trying to make is to add more way to get the fragments because the costs is just way to high, if this resets like a duo then that's 60 replays for 1 key which comes at about $2.00, and well if a key is $1 then great you only spent half in a full key, but you still need to spend $5.00 in the market because you can't just buy 100 DBC (not sure how it works on PS since that's actual cash on not DBC). So please consider giving us more ways to make get keys other than spending money, a lot of players have left because of the paywalls and once open episodes end even more will leave as they will be stuck at either T8 with nothing to do or in between tiers again, with nothing to do because of the paywalls.

I'll still support the game and probably buy a key with my monthly grant, but that's me and I can't speak for others about buying the keys or using replay, but I can speak about not wanting to spend more money on this as we have enough forums posts about already.
    • Like x 5
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Perhaps they could increase the spawn rate of the uncommon Hat-less Boomerang, then. Especially seeing as it seems to be intended. I've ran that duo a LOT of times and I can only recall seeing him once in the hat-less version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've ran the Duo a lot and I've opened many, many capsules. I'm very happy with this feature overall, but I do have one concern regarding the collection pieces.

Each of the 3 collection pieces has a very rare Blue collection drop. This is fine. Where it becomes an issue is that it only has a chance at dropping in the Provisions box. On top of the Ultra Rare RNG of actually seeing the collection pieces themselves, you have to contend with the RNG involved in actually getting a Provisions box in the first place.

In my opinion, I think a fair compromise would be to allow these ultra rare collection pieces the opportunity to drop as part of the initial capsule opening but at a very low drop rate. Even if it's lower than the current drop rate in the Provisions box and even if receiving a Blue collection prevents any other collection pieces appearing in that particular capsule.

What I see happening is players finding all the pieces they're looking for relatively easily and everyone's left struggling to find these last 3 collection pieces. I think a small opportunity to get them simply by opening any capsule will help with that and avoid frustration. It'll also encourage people who have got everything except these remaining collection pieces to continue opening capsules knowing that they don't have a 1 in 4 chance of having a low chance to get a collection piece.
    • Like x 2
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Please note, and you may quoted me in other points I don't know, that this was assuming you'd be rushed and thus don't have time to find the disposable income you want/need. I had assumed, based on the information I had, that the capsules would remain around for only 3 months and that version would not return again. In the Guide thread this was alleviated some saying that Stabilizers, or the idea is, would be around always and there should be some event around that drops Stabilizer Fragments at all times. Then maybe different capsules may come along.

You can read more about it in that other thread but essentially a lot of what I mentioned early on is less impactful if a player is not rushed. Though I'd suggest taking your post and reposting it in the Guide thread since I am betting it will be removed due to not entirely related to testing FYI.
  9. Ekart Committed Player

I run the instance 26 times so I could open 5 time capsules. The instance itself is fine, no bugs to see and it could be a solo, not a duo.

What I'm missing is a Feat tab for Emblems so you should put it in, the suit I could find under styles. Don't know if the auras have feats attached to them. If yes, they also need a Feat tab.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the 5 TC i got:
    • 6 red lantern collections (1 was duble, so 5 that i could consume),
    • 1 green lantern collection,
    • 1 yellow lantern collection,
    • 1 orange lantern emblem,
    • R&D stuff which I don't need on live (bytes, materials, elements),
    • some Head mods, which I couldn't use because it were for other powers
    • and ZERO gear/style drops (expected at least 1).

Not really reassuring that I will be able to collect the complete stlye without buying any Fragment Keys or Replays. And please don't give me the "you can trade it with other players or buy on broker" sentence. If you would really play the game you would know, how much time and effort you need to gather rare collections or exobits to get that insane amount of money people will be demanding for the capsule stuff.
    • Like x 2
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

More Bugs

- Future Batman Helmet doesn't seem to have the new Head socket on it. There was also no socket on the Controller version prior to choosing this piece:

[IMG]

- The Mainframe Consumable didn't want to show me any of my permissions:

[IMG]

when I tried to Add Player (I chose to add "Quantrol" as I know he exists and how to correctly spell his character name), I was returned with a blank error message/dialogue box:

[IMG]
    Note that on my regular permissions tab, accessed in the base, is working fine.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread is for feedback directly from testers testing. General feedback and discussion should stay in the main announcements thread.
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Spord, I was wondering if with these head mods y'all took into account the fact that light's AM was built to intentionally exclude using inspiration and that using a buff - or hitting any power from the tray once in extended combos - lowers the AM DPS output? I know this is borderline not on topic, would be happy to go DM with you if that's appropriate. Thanks, man.
  13. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Possible bugs
    - In the new duo, the boss Harley Quinn is using the old voice actor instead of the new one.
    - Unable to salvage Future Defender gear.
    - Time Capsules may not be dropping from Central City mobs (more testing required)
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

How long did you spent in CC, so far for me it's been 20 minutes on the dot to get a capsule.
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There aren't four different styles. You see four names because there are four roles. It's the same with normal unattuned gear. When you get a piece of unattuned gear the name of it will change when you attune it to something relating to your role. For example if you're a DPS it might have Striker in the name, or if you're a healer if could say Doctor. That's what the four different names you're seeing mean.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The back/cape from the Future Crusade set...the physics on it are completely out of whack. It clings to your body when you're moving rather than being free flowing like the other capes are. Also sometimes the bottom of it curls up and clips right through your body. I didn't take picture, but it should be extremely easy to reproduce. Equip the Greco Roman back style and fly/run/jump around, then equip the Future Crusader back style and you will immediately notice the difference in physics.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

- Harley does the same in the new duo. I'm assuming it's because all her combat dialogue is tied to the old actress.
    - I went into CC to test this and got a Time Capsule from the very first enemy I killed.
    • Like x 1
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ok cuz I thought it had the same thing as the t3 kryptonian gear
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

These new mods are just attack mods or there are healing and power mods too?
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

I thought the batman gear box was supposed to show which piece was in there before u opened it. Because i just got 1 and it shows all 8 style pieces have a possibility of being in there but does not show the specific piece. Is this a bug? Here is a pic of this.
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.