Game Update 36 and Balancing DCUO

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiryu New Player

QUESTION : will Fire users get Dragon's breath like what Bizzaro has in the T5 solo?
  2. Doc Holliday New Player

I can see the Devs read my post now that WM will not be part of a DLC as originally intended.

Bravo.
  3. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

lol you are taking credit for that alone huh? Typical doc. #Silly I am pretty sure the COMMUNITY had a hand in that.
    • Like x 4
  4. chikami New Player

this is fairly intresting, according to what ive read on the forums here, people will actually lose dps if useing WM with Cele... where as rage (me) will be super buffed... idk about HL it has alot of PIs added and it could stand to be in top 3 still... but as for cele utilizing WM efficiently idk if thats gna be possible (due to its slow as **** powers) ....
    -different note: now you guys could make it a top 5 by allowing sorce people (using fury) and nature users (using PS 'thats all of them') to get the buff that WM provides.... these are just my personal opinions and insights
  5. krimzonk Committed Player

Still think Hardlight loses out a lot. Its the most effected powerset with all these changes (nerfs lol) to welcome Weapon Mastery. HL has had some of its most important moves slowed down due to the silly dovetail times/animation time changes...A Rage dps is gonna be swatting everything before them, and hitting harder than before.

The most disheartening thing for me is.....the support roles get nothing....these changes are all about pew, pew...and no as a support class I couldn't care less about doing an extra 30-40k damage...that's the dps' job....Weapon Mastery just looks like a right old mess, purely due to the fact they have changed so much of the games mechanics to get people to 'buy it' before it went free...lack of content does the game no favors either....
  6. La Shark Dedicated Player

You call me? On topic, ur right its all about pewpew, moi:D. WM balances the dmg somewhat, but leaning heavily on wm and not ur powers, i.e. eafff, fire and elect. WM is the cheapest route to go just changing numerical value of the end finshers instead of going into scripting and manipulating complex web of flags and numbers. The animation pass did hurt HL regardless of buff.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. krimzonk Committed Player

Lol @ the pew pew! Haha! So true the devs took the easy way out instead of actually 'balancing' the powers. And like you rightly said WM has made it so that.....regardless of your power...WM is king (well not with Celestial maybe, but that's an awesome powerset regardless of this 'cheap re-balance.'), not your power...well thats how I see it after being on test. WM either makes powers which are already awesome even better....or gives a small boost to others. I feel that due to WM, the uniqueness of each powerset is being lost.

I applaud the devs for taking short-cut after short-cut and rehashing content/assets time and time again. You could learn a thing or two from other MMO's and how they freshen things up....Everquest, Planetside, Warframe and FF14 say hi!
    • Like x 2
  8. chikami New Player

i hated ff14 but loved EQ :) but what im about to point out is that, all tho HL Rage and Cele are the ones coming out of this with awesome mechanics, doesnt meen that the other powers arent going to get better... the devs have repeatedly said this is not an over-the-night process, and they don't intend to leave the top 3 top 3, but instead they are going to have to add a new mechanic in with might powers in order to get them on par with the prec based powers... they havent taken a cheap way out and just made the game unfair, they're tryn to begin the process of complete rebalance withn the game... what do you want? to get on and find a 20gb update cause they rehalled everything without proper testing, then they would have to go back and redue all they missed lol :p with these changes it gives the community something to talk about and build off of and it allows the devs time to try and get their mechanics as "user friendly" as possible...
    p.s im a rage user and im loving that this update will put my dps up even higher :) but im against making it stay the top, balance is needed... given time im sure we will see that alot of the changes being made in the next few updates will benefit all powersets
  9. dustin mckinley New Player

how long will the update last Spytle
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

so is weapon mastery in game update 36? the dcuo guessing game is still going strong. yes i use the forums enough and yes i googled this question but the answer is still not easily available
  11. Warlan New Player

It clearly says that Amazon Fury will have Weapon Mastery.

12. lukelucky Devoted Player

so what is the update tomorrow for? also this does not change the fact we just have to guess about dcuo info. i know a release date is tenative but these clowns announce things the day b4. i am asking for better.
    OH THE BABIES THAT CRY WHEN A RELEASE DATE IS POSTPONED YOU ARE A HUGE REASON THEY DONT SHARE
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

The update is for everything else besides weapon mastery and DLC 10.

Question to Mepps. Will PS4 players have to download 7GB+ worth of data twice or will the weapon mastery and dlc be contained within the update and activated later ?
  14. RichardHead New Player

forgive me if i'm an idiot for asking... What is hard lights AWESOME execution.... WM then chompers then WM then combos? from what i see the powers that have the 1 hit might attacks (that hit decent w/aoe) seem to do best i mean if that is all AWESOME execution is they all can do it... i mean 80% of my dmg is pure WM combos ending with and big hitting aoe clarify if you will
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.