Game data corrupted

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by golddragon71, Jul 31, 2017.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Ok so here's my problem.
    Over the last few days when i've gotten into the game I get stalled out and my screen reads Game Data corrupted.
    I end up having to shut down, start up and go through several restores before I can try to get back into the game.
    I go to the support link and when i type Game Data Corrupted it gives me these instructions
    Go to Game
    Select Saved Data Utility (PS3)
    Select the DC Universe Online folder *
    For each DC Universe Online file, press the triangle, and select Delete. **
    Once complete, restart DC Universe Online, and check to see if the problems you were previously encountering have cleared up.

ok, simple enough i go through the motions make sure my disc is clean and put it back in.
    Now, the Game starts up I get the joker wallpaper, I get a terms and conditions page that I have to agree to and then the Batman wallpaper followed by the game data corrupted stall out.
    Now there is a game data folder on the PS3 system section but I'm really reluctant to delete it as I'm afraid it will delete all my characters and progress.
    taking a chance I have just purchased a new disc on Amazon hoping that a brand new out of the package disc will help. If not...well then deleting the DCU Online game Data may be my only option.

has anyone encountered this? how bad am I off? any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You can't delete your characters by deleting files on a local device. All characters and purchases are stored on a server.

The CD is too old to work properly. If you can cancel your purchase, you should. It is a total waste of money unless you want the box for decorating.