Game Continously Crashes After Loading Screen After Character Selection?

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ofmustachesandtomatoes, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ofmustachesandtomatoes New Player

Hi!

So I have a bit of a weird problem. When I first downloaded the game, I was able to go through character selection and even the tutorial, but when I went to go to the club, it crashed. This other time I was able to get into the game, and run around Metropolis, and it crashed when I went to change characters. Now it will let me choose my character, but when I try to get into the game (aka hit play), it crashes every time.

What am I doing wrong? :(
  2. Sesshru New Player

i'm having this same issue

system specs
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 2g
    AMD Phemnom II x4 965 - 3.4ghz
    8gig 1600 mhz RAM
  3. Stiltzkin New Player

I've been having the same issue for the last couple of days. I keep getting sent to the Disconnected screen right after the Character Selection menu. It's like just all of the sudden my modem can't handle the strain.
  4. ofmustachesandtomatoes New Player

Pretty sure it's because too many people are on one server
    I created a new character and was able to do the tutorial, but as soon as it tried connecting to the same server everyone else uses, it crashed.
    What they need is more servers, so less people can be in each and therefore more room without crashing
  5. Rivqah New Player

The game had worked beautifully until the last update, now once I get to character selection, I get immediately disconnected. Is there a way to fix this or is it simply a server issue? When I played City of Heroes, there were multiple servers to choose from. At this point, I'm wasting money on this game as I am not able to play it.
  6. Stiltzkin New Player

This has been going on for almost a week. I was able to get on once for a couple minutes. I don't know if it has to do with the new update or if the server is so busy it won't even bother dealing with the login queue, but this is getting kind of old.
  7. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

I'm looking into this right now guys. In the meantime, please submit a support ticket so we can gather more information. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and MSinfo.
  8. Stiltzkin New Player

Thank you very much. Ofmustachesandtomatoes is probably right since it's Spring Break and the server may just be really busy, but I would feel more comfortable knowing for sure what the issue is. It'd be a bummer to get a Legendary Subscription and not be able to play during the summer just because I'm an idiot and my computer just isn't up to par.
  9. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Stiltzkin, what's your system specs?
  10. Justondude New Player

Same problem here, been happening for two days now
  11. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Justondude, please submit in a support ticket and pm me the reference number so I can look over it.
  12. Thaguywitmuffin New Player

I've been getting a similar problem mine is once a get to the character select screen the game just stops responding and i have to use task manager to get out of the game and it's been like this for at least a week.
  13. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Nice necro!
    Do you see your character list or does it freeze up just before they should appear?
    Have you validated your files?
    Are you running BitDefender?
  14. Thaguywitmuffin New Player

it is probably because the reacent update but i see the character list, i have validated files and i don't run bitdefender i run avg
  15. LazyGuy New Player

Been getting non stop crashes all day ruined my GoT.
  16. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Security software such as antivirus scanners are the most common causes of this type of crash, so that's probably what I'd look at first. Any form of active monitoring that allows them to poke at the game processes or connections can cause problems. Anyway, there was a guy just recently with a similar problem and we tried all sorts to no avail and support sorted him out. I'll paste what he put:
    If you can identify it as being a software conflict then you can work out what's causing that and either kill it or reconfigure it. It does seem that since the most recent patch DCUO does not play quite so well with others.