Future Episodes Should Support All Roles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I'm seeing a major separation of roles in current Justice League Dark Cursed episode's alert and raid. Especially in the Elite ones. Because of the bosses having huge health and mechanics are targeted for survival, everyone is looking for Tank and DPS mainly for the alert/raid.

Let's take the CHM Elite for example. Because Swamp Thing has a huge health bar and regenerates until the adds are killed, the preferred team seems to be 3 DPS and 1 Tank. Healers and Trollers are not needed. They want to burn it down as fast as you can. So if a Healer/Troller tries to play as DPS, it's not good enough either. You need to be max specced (CR 430 with 160+ arts) to get teamed up for the elite run. Not for Elite Plus. For Elite run.

Took me 3hrs and getting kicked from multiple teams before I was able to complete CHMe. And that was before I even went in. As soon as they saw my CR as 424 and not max 430 and my DPS gear is Purple mostly, they kicked me off the team because it would take too long to kill the boss. Not that we would fail. Just that it would take more time.

Same deal on CTe raid as well. Healers are needed on that but trollers seem to be optional. Only got to do Cte once so far.

My point is, when the alert/raid is focused towards one type of play like kill fast (DPS focused) or survive long (Tank focused) or escape from AOE attacks (Healer focused), then the other roles don't get to play. I don't think Tank was needed in one of the previous episode Elite alert (maybe I'm wrong in that). So players with those specific role gets excluded unless they have a backup role fully fitted. This episode favours Tank big time. LFG is full of demand for Tanks.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You could always make a group yourself?

I have no issues getting into chme as a troll. I have not gotten kicked either. Heck I’ve even been in runs with 1 of each role. If players don’t want to invite you than make your own group. I feel like so many act like they are allergic to making groups.

As for the raid. I have not been in a single CTe run without a troll. If any group is running with a troll than they are not that smart. Sorry not sorry.
    • Like x 3
  3. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

The game as a whole favors tanks, most elite content can't be cleared without one. So the people who main a tank power have a huge advantage in being able to get into groups. You learn from experience who not to run with, unless you actually are dragging the group down, people who kick for trivial reasons end up having less people that want to run with them.

Usually less experienced people jump to conclusions in terms of DPS. Player skill then a good artifact combination contributes more to better DPS, I have an alt still with purple gear and I end up beating people with higher CR and around equal artifacts by large margins when I run the regular instances of the current episode.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

I made a thread about something similar a while back requesting for increase in troll debuff because trolls are the most unnecessary/useless role in the game. Many a times you don't need troll like the current spotlight Riddle with Crime, ZOOe you don't need a troll and that elite content ffs.
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... That's right, you did. And then this happened:

A dev thought you were being dishonest, or deceptive, because they couldn't believe anyone could be this ignorant, or misguided... :)
    • Like x 4
  6. Prindacerk Committed Player

I tried. Couldn't find a tank available due to high demand of like 6-7 of us calling for Tank LS. Then group disbanded.

Then you are lucky. Cause when I was in my troll role and I answered for LFG call for CHMe, I was told to switch to DPS. Then when my CR dropped to 421, I was told that my CR and arts are low for DPS and got kicked. Curious on your CR though. Are you maxed at 430 with 200 arts? Cause that seems to be acceptable by some.

I am happy to make my own group. But finding available Tank is a challenge on this Elite cause everyone wants one.

That's what I have issue with. People don't give a chance in LFG. They don't want to spend 30 minutes in an Elite alert because not all DPS are doing high dmg. They want to burn fast and just finish. A DPS/Troll, Healer and Tank can easily do the Elite run without issues. Only it will take longer to complete due to less dmg than 3 DPS. And people are not patient to do the alert that long.
  7. Cypharr Committed Player

Well, I know what to tell you he's absolutely wrong as we all see how insignificant trolls are, they are not a necessity rather they are just a privilege. The role can easily be done without. If there debuff were stronger that will help things. Frankly, I tell you that dev has no idea what he's talking he's chatting poop.

And cos he's a dev doesn't mean he is the almighty and right. They make hotfix everyday (go figure) from there errors so worship them all you want. Facts are facts. Kapish.
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

LOL Dev!
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only one “chatting poop” is you. Trolls are one of the strongest and most underrated role by a long shot. Just because you don’t know what a troll is capable of doesn’t mean the role is bad. There is no single role more versatile than the troll role. Maybe instead of assuming you’re as good as you think you are, you could instead try to see why others highly value a troll.
    • Like x 1
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Just because ignorant players can't appreciate the value of debuffs, it doesn't mean there's something wrong the debuffs themselves, especially that a decent troll can stack multiple defense debuffs. Good players have no problem running alerts with a competent troll. Bad players need another DPS instead, because buffed trash is still trash.

And of course there are a lot of bad trolls, because traditionally it used to be a role often chosen by players, who couldn't clip, counter bosses, pull and juggle adds, or handle the responsibility of keeping the group alive, so they'd just give POT, hit a debuff power every 6-12 seconds and spam full auto the rest of the time. Now a troll can do a lot for the group by using the right build and allies and swapping arts, but bad trolls want to be made overpowered, so they can still get away with doing as little as possible.

Sure, sure... Probably just a hater, jealous of how "active and infamous" you are... :D

No, but definitely more "almighty and right" than a mediocre player.

Facts are facts. Trouble is - most players don't know a fact from a hole in the ground.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Now I’m 430z but I was doing that for a while.

Also, even if you main a troll (or any support role) I always recommend keeping your dps geared with any leftover gear that drops. Just being able to do both roles will always help you.
  12. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Platform and server?

On EU PS/PC Villain I've had little to no problem doing CTe 2-3 times a week and CHMe 3-7 times a day. Most of the CHMe runs as Tank on Inferna for friends and league mates.

When I spent most of the LPvE week on Hero to finish 500/750 counts on Jade, I did see a lot of outlandish "Need dps CHMn 420+", "Need dps/Tank CHMe 424+" and even got rejected as "Exp e Troll 396 (max SoBA) 771 6x200+6x160" for "cr too low". He continued shouting for a Troll for 30mins. I guess I'm the bad one, for not knowing how buffs and debuffs scale on cr :rolleyes:

And as for Trolls being useless:
    Heal debuff is useless 90% of the time. Swamp Thing as a heal mechanic.

The fastest Alerts you'll ever get is 1 Tank, 1 Battle Troll and 2 dps. Makes them 30% faster.
    CHMe in a good group 1 Tank, 3 dps takes 10-15 mins. 7-10 if a dps switch to BTroll.
    An okay group of 1 Tank, 3 dps takes 20-30 mins. Becomes 15-20.
    A bad group 1 Tank, 1 Heal, 2 dps takes 30-45mins. Becomes 25-35mins if I'm a dps that goes BTroll. 20-30mins if the 7% Dom+Res is enough for Tank that we drop Heal.
    All times post GU139, where Swamp Thing has 200-300mil health, depending of how much he's allowed to heal. Compared to Etrigan and Deadman that has 100mil each.
  13. Prindacerk Committed Player

Yes. I have both sets of gear. My DPS has a mix of mostly purple with a couple of blues. My arts are around 100 cause I was maxing out my troll arts. That's the issue for the kickoff I received. I didn't have Elite gear in DPS for them to accept me for the Elite alert. Thought I wouldn't do enough dmg. They said so before kicking me. "dude ur low dps. u do low dmg." was the response.
  14. sebfm Well-Known Player

It's always good to learn that the troll I'm rolling since 3 years could appear useless to some players ;)

Thinking a troll isn't usefull is not knowing the troll role. If you were asked to switch DPS, maybe it's because either the group didn't understand the troll role or because you didn't do your troll role as you should. A troll is a powerfull and needed role in all elite contents.
  15. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Lost cause. Doesn't matter how many relative mechanics specific to certain roles the Devs install in an instance. The community will still control the requirements of said instance and make it Meta.
    • Like x 1
  16. Prindacerk Committed Player

I have been playing troll as main for many years. I enjoy the role and feel I do good in that. Problem is that for the elite alert, they want to burn fast so they want DPS role instead of troll. That's the issue. When people call out for role in LFG, it's always DPS and Tank for CHMe. Not any other role. If you join in your role, they either ask you to switch to DPS or get kicked.
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

The main thing we've noticed recently is the disparity created by the devs between might and precision players...
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To me it depends on the time of day and how long it takes to fill a group. I've seen people in LFG shouting for 10+ min for 'DPS ONLY' runs for CHMR....like if someone shot a message 'hey, I'm a troll with 200 claw and tetra' they couldn't get in. If someone would rather spend another 10 min trying to fill that last spot on a slow night than pick up your effective troll, well...better to not be in that group I guess.

Now...if you are a 'bad' troll....that would be an issue.

I can say I've seen people walk out of a queue up run if there are more than either a tank or heal, probably because they believe the run will be too long...have fun queuing back up buddy.
  19. Bubbla Active Player

Just gonna say this. Only side I have ever been kicked for cr was hero side. Max arts and probably 300 sp more than most if not all of them in the group. I rarely see people booted on vil side from pug runs unless they are just way over their head or being lazy.
  20. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Also adding that the tank has to have enough experience if they are trying to run without a healer, I've been in groups where the tank died on multiple tries against Swamp Thing and I had to switch to healer to finish the alert.

I also only see on US Hero LFG calling for specific requirements like 420+ DPS, buff troll, EOG 10k.