Frustrating Game Development - An Appeal to the Developers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XBlue, Dec 9, 2023.

1. XBlue Well-Known Player

Dear Community,

I want to share my thoughts on the current state of our beloved game and hope that the developers take note. In first years, it felt like the developers were full of innovation and joy in their work. However, recently, it seems like we're getting the same thing in new packaging every few months. The lack of real innovations and the excessively high grind threshold have significantly impacted my gaming experience.

In the past, in the endgame, regarding skill points and armor, one could explore alternative characters, providing a welcome change. But today, with the introduction of Elite and Elite+ content, artifacts, and allies, the enthusiasm to level up an alternative character has diminished.

I reminisce about times like Paradox Wave when Elite or Elite+ content wasn't a thing. The raid could be approached in various ways, and progress was evident through armor. The Elite armor dropped within the raid, making it considerably easier as you collected more pieces.

At my current status as a tank (nearly 800 SP, Full Arts, and Gear), I feel quite fragile in Elite(+) content. The slightest mistake, and I'm instantly knocked out. Shouldn't a robust armor and skill points compensate for some errors resulting from the occasionally indirect game mechanics? Tanks are often sought for over half an hour for Elite and Elite+ content. Introduce mechanics that tanks need to consider without subjecting them to a survival stress test.

Shields for Ice Tanks in Elite+ are often so weak that they burst like soap bubbles, despite having good equipment and skill points. This is frustrating and significantly diminishes the enjoyment of the game.

I am aware that not everyone shares my viewpoint, and some players have no issues with these aspects. However, I want to emphasize that I am not looking for loopholes (artswapping, glitches etc) to adapt to the content. The game should be designed so that it can be conquered using regular gameplay mechanics.

I hope the developers take these concerns seriously and contribute to a positive evolution of the game. Feel free to share your opinions and experiences!

Best regards,
    XBlue
    • Like x 4