Friday Night Legends: Episode 43

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Friday Night Legends is DCUO's weekly community-focused livestream hosted by the Developers behind the game. Join us this Friday and every Friday on Twitch for live look-ins across the game worlds to see real players in action. You’ll also get behind-the-scenes information, the latest news and Developer commentary, spotlights on Leagues and other player-run organizations, ringside views of the best PvP battles, and so much more.

This week on Friday Night Legends:
    • Hosts: Mepps and Spytle
    • Event Spotlight: FNL Tour: Olympus Legends V
    • Show Format: 2v2 Lantern-Themed Legends Tournament. Only Lantern Legends characters are allowed.

When: March 28, 2014 - 4:00PM PDT - 5:00PM PDT
    Server: US PS
    Follow us on Twitter @DCUO and @Spytle, and use our hashtag #DCUO_FNL!

The YouTube replay will be uploaded here after the show:
    • Like x 4
  2. Lucaefor New Player

Let me know how many times their feet touch the ground.

Idea: We could make it more interesting by only having one rifle ammo shot and forcing players to bat it back and forth like a game of Legends Tennis. We would also need ammoboys and ammogirls to pick up and pass it back to players to serve.

Edit: On a less pedantic note, it would be more fun if it was corps opposed eg Green vs Yellow lanterns on opposite teams.
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

FNL episode 42 is a likely indication of what to expect as far as pairings. :)
  4. MeNyCyDe DCUO New Player

5. undevinez New Player

whens the next legends Tournament I am ready
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

For USPS3? This friday.

I believe Mepps posted the link to the sign-up sheet in the initial post. Make sure you sign-up your partner with you.
  7. The dark knight New Player

lol, how stoned was the guy who made the 300 video on youtube? :D <- that's what he probably looked like ^^
    check it out guys, it's really funny ^^

Btw: When is FNL 2v2 on EUPC?
  8. undevinez New Player

thx
    lol i think i got the last slot
  9. undevinez New Player

i need a partner
  10. Weapon meX New Player

Last minute Announcement : Spytle Bounty in full effect!!!! for FNL #43Pre-Show!

[IMG]

FNL #43 is back on USPS
    That means: The Spytle Bounty is officially in effect!!!

There will be a $200,000 in-game cash prize bounty on Spytle during the FNL pre-show, IF he does a PvP pre-show. Basically for every person or team victory over Spytle/Team Spytle i will award that person or team $200,000 each..

REWARDS
    • 200,000 in-game Cash Rewards given to individuals of each Bounty Hunter Team that, successfully defeats Team Spytle.
    • Likewise, any Team/s successfully protecting Spytle, will win the $200,000 Bounty Reward for their team!
    RULES
    • Be in it to Win it.
    • A win consist of a full PvP match victory.
    What will Spytle que for?? 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 5v5 and 8v8??

also........ if you haven't heard of the DCUO Social Club

please refer to the following thread in the Joker's Funhouse forum section entitled:
    [USPS] DCUO Hero/Villian Social Club Initiative - EVENT
    LINK: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/usps-dcuo-hero-villian-social-club-initiative-event.198122/

The DCUO Hero/Villian Social Club Initiative has now gotten the green-light.

The DCUO Social Club Initiative is server-wide and cross faction-wide project, which aims to unite both Hero and Villian Players. The purpose of the DCUO SCI Project is to provide both factions a "central hub" in which they may gather, chat, hangout and of course fight!

Within the DCUO Social Club you will be able to experience amazing Lairs, Fight Clubs, and have access to a concentration of cross faction veteran players.

[IMG]

The grand launch event date for the DCUO Social Club Initiative is this Friday, March 28th.

There will be Door Prizes, in-game $$$ Give-Aways, Prize Fights and in-game shenanigans!!!

GENERATION 1 extends it's invitations to the following leagues:
    Apathy
    Aristocrats
    Discendo Discimus
    Disqualified
    JusticeGirls
    One Pieced
    Power Royale
    The Replacements

It is recommended that everyone use their base tracking and come to the SLAInTE bar in pve phase, with your tier pvp flags off so you do not get jumped or killed by either faction. If you wish to fight, please make your way to the fight club and be prepared to fight in a gladiator arena style fashion.

[IMG]

What is fight club?
    It is an area on the lowest floor of the bar where people can test their dueling skills
    Also other players can observe and watch some of the best players in pvp in 1v1 duels to the death.
    - It is king of the court styled pvp dueling where one person starts of as the King and until they are defeated they stay the King and face the next challenger for the crown, if the King is defeated the player who defeated them becomes the next King, the defeated player must go to the back of the line if they wish to fight the King again.

For day to day fight club 1v1 pvp dueling
    - There are no rules

For official fight club 1v1 pvp dueling tournaments rules are
    - No using your tray powers until the the countdown to the duel has ended
    - All competitors must compete in cash pvp gear
    - They cannot have home turf trinkets and home turf mods
    - No mods of any sort in general
    - If any of these rules listed are not followed that competitor will be disqualified.

Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the official DCUO Fight Club Tournaments. Plus bragging rights.

If you would like to join and participate in the DCUO Social Club launch event, please contact Celestial Paragon and/or somerandombats via forum message or an in-game mail/tell to Ironhide G1.

This project is brought to you by :[IMG]
    sponsored by :
    [IMG]

*All in-game Cash Rewards and Gifts will be sent using the in-game mailing system.
    Please, allow for 1 to 2 weeks for any/all rewards to be sent.*
    • Like x 5
  11. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

We encourage all the participants of FNL to come hang out at the social club.

Base name: SLAInTE
    Base owner: Ironhide G1
    Location: Gotham Kane building (Diamond District, Gotham), it is near the heroes safe house Diamond District PD

Hope to see everyone there!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

Correction in name for
    The one of players going up against Blackened Ace and Ace 1 for the first match
    His name is "grenlanman" instead of "greenlanman2".
  13. Original Scar New Player

won't be participating in this one with all these ps3 issues. still waiting it out till pvp arenas gets fixed with minor issues such as rendering (especially in 5v5 pit arena and legends), some lag when in combat (too much clutter in tight spots especially with home turf), counters are not working half the time (about 60% of the time and it's probably bugged) and all that other good stuff. not ready to get a ps4 yet but ya devs keep tempting me lol. hope ya do another giveaway though :D
  14. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Spytle should just show up at the Social Club and take ppl in a 1v1 PVP match
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

16. BigAl Devoted Player

Woo hoo! Next tourney is Batman inspired! Breaking out Pre-order Bats to tick off the players that didn't get him and make some tourney noise! :D

On a side note....here comes the Bane/Two Face combos....
  17. Hero of Justice New Player

Fun to watch as always, it was pretty cool hearing Tunso doing the commentary for the matches. Also was nice seeing plenty of different Lanterns represented, hope the Bat-Family can do the same next month!
  18. The dark knight New Player

uh ok...i got some sort of answer in the last seconds on fnl43...from that I know that next week is not going to be a 2v2 on eupc. So when are they gonna be on EUPC again?
  19. Ace1 Dedicated Player

It was very fun, Great Games guys!
  20. ObraniacO New Player

can any one help me register plz? i want to Kill some no one can beat me plz reply if you can thanks i want in