Friday Night Legends: Episode 42

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Mar 3, 2014.

1. TheLoneLantern New Player

Does THIS work?
    • Like x 1
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

It looks like it is. Thank you! :)
  3. Lucaefor New Player

Played against a very good Sinestro in 2v2 on USPC recently who absolutely cleaned my clock. Until that fight I never really rated him but his DPS was immense.

Depends on the situation, 1v1 you are right about JS dropping out of top 3 but in group matches he is still evil. Maybe SW has the edge on Sinestro due to the DOT... however the lantern DOT is easily avoidable just by not standing in the AOE.

Atrocitus is just freaking OP at the moment.... healing ridiculous numbers.
  4. Lucaefor New Player

Amazing. Well I'm watching the Spytle PVP extravaganza and jsut stopped momentarily at the point where Jens was talking about splitting the Watchtower 8v8 into two seperate instances and describing the 2nd graviton part as "awful". Indeed it certainly is, with Assault HQ Hall of Doom even worse where the primary phase is mainly a case of *avoiding* PVP of any kind whatsoever and just running for terminals. Prior to hearing this I thought I was at odds with the developers but now it appears we are on the same page.

And I'm seeing immense amounts of evidence of the counter system not working even being played serverside. There was even one of those "latency" moments where the counter only fired a full second after it was registered.

Watching Jens using his anticipation to block break and even though the player blocks the bb misses because he was outside the window, then seeing him being punished. Frustrations with the targeting system.. It's all there. I hope he can use the experience constructively to try fixing some of the issues with the gameplay.

Wrt vulnerability windows as it is right now it's a reflex based system. You aren't allowed to predict only react to what the opponent is doing. In order to allow strategy it's rightful place we need to look at the collision of counter mechanics being based on animation vs animation, not input device vs animation. In this case you could anticipate a block break and time it to land when the opponent is blocking and still get a counter - even though the data from the input device was received before the opponent elected to block.
  5. TheLoneLantern New Player

Saint Walker can jump clip his number 1 power at point blank range for upwards of 500 damage and reduce the animation time to zero. With a rather short cooldown, this damage adds up quite a bit. I'm surprised Clutch has not noted this as something that should be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It doesn't need to be noted as it'll be rectified in the jump cancel fix, after which Saint's strength will drop a lot. He won't have any real means of dealing burst damage after a counter aside from his finisher (which will still provide less than he can do currently).

Sinestro in any game versus top-tier players will melt and will struggle to do anything of use unless the sinestro is extremely skilled in counter mechanics. I've never met a sinestro in 1s or 2s that has made me consider rating him anywhere near Saint or Atro in tiers.

JS isn't even that evil in group games, his damage is mostly single target. His number two is AoE but does little damage when compared to dots possessed by Atro, Saint, Bane, TF's SC and only does around 100+ more than each of Hal's. His bat is the main source of damage and it only hits single target with minimal damage hitting people in a cone, both Saint and Atro are far superior in 1s, 2s and team environments with Sin and even Hal probably edging him out after the health nerf too.

He shines most in a 2v2 environment.
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

Good point. I look forward to actually seeing if it gets fixed. Doesn't stop people from abusing it right now. That's basically all I'm seeing in legends atm.
  8. Lucaefor New Player

Pity I can't remember the name of the USPC player I fought who was certainly highly skilled. I don't have any of the Marketplace legends, I only decided to premium/subscribe last year with the old lockouts so I'm having to catch up with collecting the DLC avatars. Also, I tend to avoid playing top tier legends as I'm constantly looking to improve and nowhere near where I want to be in PVP yet; it won't help me to play a Legend that makes it easy for me.
  9. BigAl Devoted Player

This will also clear up the jump cancel Atrocitus users.
    Alot of players are going to have to learn to play again when they implement this. :)
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

You'll be surprised, atrocitus will actually be one of the least affected by it.
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

Mepps has been sick. Likely when he returns.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Of note with the rankings, your current ranking is based on the points you have earned on the FNL Tour in the last four months (currently the last 4 tournaments). We do this to provide an up-to-date snapshot of your current skill and success, as well as give new players a chance to climb the mountain to the top.

This means that this month, the points earned in our very first tournament fell off and no longer count, replaced by this month's. Next month's will replace the 2nd tournament we ran, and so on.
    • Like x 2
  14. Liongale Dedicated Player

Heeey, that's a really good idea. I was wondering how that might be handled on keeping it current and also for new players and such.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Not a bad idea at all. I might have to sign up for a tournament or two now.
  16. Original Scar New Player

ok so i caught up on the last FNL's today since i didn't watch it and was too busy. I'm still watching it as we speak and I have to say, absolutely love the part with Tale of The Tape on PvP Legend Characters. This strongly reminds me of the conversation me and Mepps had last year about me and my league Origin signing up for FNL and making an informative explanation of the game. This was very well presented, simple and informative commentary, extremely accurate description on characters (including a picture, brief description of performance, and of course the background dcuo music to make this exciting). This definitely was one of the best PvP episodes, great stuff gents, keep it up. This is so Major League Gaming with this episode. I'm happy and proud to say I'm glad to be a part of this game and social media and most likely will be the one and only MLG PRO on here for years to come. You guys could use a highlight reel after the finals and do a quick recap or update the ticker and make like a caption of the winners or something. ohh btw, your welcome devs.
  17. ObraniacO New Player

i wanna know when is it at IL= Israel time cuzim not sure how to cheak and if you cannot answer id like to know about the FNL if i need to register and when?