Friday Night Legends: Episode 23!

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I think Jens & Mepps would need a 3-second delay timer for "Dracula" since it's considered a family show ;)
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm from BC so no "about" accent and I'm pretty light on the "buddy" and "guy". That said I never realized how much I actually say eh, until I started travelling as a kid. Talk about cliches.

Beer and love of hockey are givens of course.
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

I need to know.....why do you call it bacon when its really ham? Is it a maple glaze? ;)
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

You can't fire me, slaves must be sold. :D
  5. BadJade New Player

Missed out. But I'm stluck in sunny England.
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

It might be different back east but in the west I've always called it back bacon. Personally I only ever have it on pizza.

What my family and friends call bacon is the same as the US or what the english call streaky bacon.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Why do Americans call it beer when it's really just watered down yak spit?
  8. Breakforce Loyal Player

Come on now buddy, you know better than that
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm just saying. 4.0-4.5% ABV does not a real beer make.
  10. Breakforce Loyal Player

Well as we speak, I am brewing a Tripel, aiming for 9.0

:cool:
    • Like x 1
  11. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I'm a Canuck and I say "zee". Only because it rhymes when I sing the song.
    Gee, Pee, Vee...Zed? C'mon.

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Rumour:

Progress Report:
    Infiltration complete. Project Syrupy Bacon Agenda Replacement is a go.
    Details to follow.
  12. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I call American Brew, Yak Spit.

I Home-Brew. Wheat and Apple.

I get Drunk off the Best, and when I do, I get Drunk off Family Brew.

True American Style.
    • Like x 1
  13. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Samuel Adams is well above 5%, Well 5% from what my Liquor Store provides.

When I buy, I buy it's 7% or Higher.

This is why I Home-Brew. I like a good Lager or Heifenwisen. Or Apple, varies on year and kind.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm more poking at the people that think Bud Light is beer. "Broski, I drank like 12 beers last night." "Um, yeah? At that ABV, I'm not surprised. Do you drink just for the experience of swallowing, peeing, and later farting?"
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

I haven't had a yak on my farm in about 15 years. We had him shaven and sent to market. :rolleyes: (Are there any yaks in the US?)
    I'm sure there are plenty of Germans that would say anything made west of their country is swill anyways.
    I drink Killian's Irish Red. And I favor an Amaretto Sour now and then. I'm trying to save what's left of my liver and kidneys. The poor boys have been screaming at me for what I did to them in my 20's. A relative recently made some apple pie cider and gave us some. I'm no light weight, but I think I've grown hair some places that normally its worn off.

You seem a bit sore at my Canadian bacon fun......
    • Like x 1
  16. Rumour Committed Player

Soon the world will see the power of maple syrup and bacon! :cool:

I will reveal one of our masterminds of the Syrup bacon agenda!

17. TheOtherWhiteMeat New Player

Something every red blooded American wants to know.
    Last time I drank Molsen Ice it tasted like p*ss.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. When I contrast a crappy American style lager made in the US (Bud), I don't contrast it with a crappy American style lager made in Canada (Molson). I contrast it with real beers. Micro brews. Pilsners, Stouts, Bocks, IPAs, Ambers, Porters, Hefeweizens, Golden Ales, Tripels, etc.
  19. GODOFLIGHT New Player

you can write this and no one complains but if i write about how controllers and tanks shields are being taken of by someone with 100 dominanace compared to a troller and tanks dominance of 700 and its taken off forum stats against forum policy but i know i am just being patronized
  20. Zuse Loyal Player

Dont forget my cameo