Friday Night Legends: Episode 14

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Jul 15, 2013.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

Thanks for the vote man. Would have been fun if it was our 2 leagues at it (no offense to MW). All I'm really saying is get new blood in there. I know they said some leagues backed out. That's understandable if RL was stopping it from happening. But I can tell ya, we were stoked to find out we were up for the card. And many of us were gonna bypass raids to get the pvp blood flowing this week. Here's to hoping for fresh meat (I know, I know, that sounds very wrong...)

On another note, how many people have to ask about DLC 8 and PS3 sales on Twitch chat???? ffs
  2. Volaron New Player

Did u read that wrong or something? I was just asking why not run all cash so everyone's even. Good god.
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

GG to both teams. I saw from the 3 v 3 on and each match seemed close. Also props to both teams for just having FUN and not making it an ego run.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

That's my point exactly. No offense to any of the leagues that had repeats. But I know there are waaaay more leagues playing DCUO.
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

While I enjoy the efforts of running cash gear and have fun we shouldn't fault anyone for NOT running in only cash gear. The game is still "play your way" if I'm not mistaken. Not everyone enjoys high end PVP and for cash gear PVP to grow we need to promote it positively and in the same fashion that MW and Catalyst PVP'd tonight--for FUN.

Once again--good to see both leagues giving it their all. Hope to see you in Arenas and Legends more often in the months to come :).
    • Like x 1
  6. Feenicks New Player

Though I wasn't in any runs, my girl was! MsJonzz rocked! So did Black Dawn! Way to represent!

Fun night! Awesome events. We represented Catalyst and Most Wanted put in thier A game! Awesome all around and to both leagues!
    • Like x 3
  7. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

It's not our FNL it is ICarryWithNoHands FNL and they chose to challenge us in Main Event. Can't help that leagues want to challenge us :p
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

Fair enough. But you get what I'm saying.
    Fresh leagues will make the community feel more involved, even if they say "who is that?"
  9. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Yea I understand, my perspective of FNL is that its not like sunday fun time with a league just messing around having giggles its about showcasing leagues in unique challenges that other leagues can't accomplish or having intense pvp matches. From Icarry's pov they aren't going to force them to pick from a list of leagues that haven't been on FNL because Icarry would destroy 99% of the pvp leagues out there. so that wouldn't be an enjoyable fnl at least from my pov. Im sure everyone will get a turn, just a matter of how long.

Also I know Mepps and Jens really want to highlight main event as opposed to pve challenge or other FNL types because of the added graphics and entertainment value.
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Awesome job guys! That was lots and lots of fun! Thanks everyone for playing!
    • Like x 2
  11. Nitefelina New Player

I thought it was going to be a fun night. Then finally I get in on the 5v5 and lag swarmed me from the second I entered the match. It was just unplayable. So I let my team down by forcing them to basically play 5v4 :(
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

Should I go ahead and assume Fami is the 1%? ;)
    I agree. I wouldn't want it to be like a MNF game where both teams are 1-6 and its a tickle fight. But to eliminate any league because they may not be as good as another is a bit pretentious.
  13. The Johnny army New Player

Ok, after watching the entire thing, that was a great show and Most Wanted is an amazing league. No point in discussing better gear versus better team work, the gear Catalyst had was enough to lose by timer only on the first 2 fights and the teamwork on Most Wanted was quite obvious in the very few deaths they had the entire night. All in all, thanks for tonight and lets do this again sometime in the future ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. NoobishGuy New Player

i am watching it right now and i just like to say that i think its nice that the one opposing team member pointed out that the other team has a video as well and them mepps showed it. I think that's nice.
    • Like x 1
  15. Starbrand Dedicated Player

We really considered an amiable event, from both parts :)
    • Like x 2
  16. The Johnny army New Player

Haven't been around as long as some in Catalyst and Most Wanted, but it has become clear both leagues have a history together since Public Enemies server. Some people from Most Wanted have characters in Catalyst and Curse Bringer pops in to our Vent server from time to time to say Hi. Yes, there was rivalry and both teams wanted to win, but there's also respect and acknowledgement. It's a game, we all have fun with each other and I believe that's what DCUO should be all about.
    • Like x 7
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

As it should be. Some people believe only the best should be represented. Whereas, I believe, all leagues should have a shot. Shi33sty had a shot the prior week on the PS3. Never really see anyone from that league on forums, but it was nice to see diversity on FNL. It should never be about the best-of-the-best. It should be about the community, because they say every week, that it is just that...about us.
  18. Dead_Corps New Player

fix the returned mail please as it comes empty
  19. One Shot New Player

no offence but this weeks FNL sucked ***
  20. The Johnny army New Player

Well, some people had fun with it. Sorry for your loss.