Frequent Frame Drops in the PC Version

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MiniMinute, Apr 1, 2020.

1. MiniMinute New Player

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10

16 GB RAM

I'm trying to play DCUO on a Lenovo Legion Y530, but I keep getting frame drops even when I turn on V-Sync and cap the FPS to 30 FPS. Even if I am using a laptop, I feel like it should definitely be able to flawlessly run DCUO. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?
    • Like x 1
  2. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Im (and some ppls I know) suffering from this issue aswell since March 15. Here is my thread.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...r-open-worlds-watchtower.307925/#post-4309840
    Test server also has same issue.

Summary; no progress been made. Its still same. Its even worse cuz issue started when bonus weeks began.
  3. MiniMinute New Player

It's unfortunate that devs have not replied yet... it's certainly dampening my enjoyment of the game.
  4. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I've had this problem for a few months now. My PC specs are far more than what is needed to run this (and any other game in MAX settings); but, DCUO starts dropping frames about half an hour or so of gameplay.

I was told that it was on MY end... because god forbid something could be wrong on their end. It HAS to be my machine that can run everything in MAX settings.
  5. MiniMinute New Player

It most definitely isn't a problem on my end either considering that I can easily run games like Siege, Overwatch, and Resident Evil 2 at 60 FPS. I don't know what the issue is, and it's quite disappointing that there has not yet been any dev replies.
  6. Mad4320 New Player

Is it steady frame drops? As soon as you boot the game fps starts dipping?
  7. MiniMinute New Player

Yes, they are steady frame drops; they start as soon as I boot the game. They occur every other minute or so, and they occur more in open-world areas.