Forums Writers! Unite!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The Enquirer, May 25, 2014.

1. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

[IMG]

That was like an omg moment LOL
  2. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

Based on a true story :D
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Well. I enjoyed both Conviction and Blacklist. Especially the latter as it gave you the option to play the whole game as a ghost. But, when I think of someone wanting to hurt my family, I would probably be more prone to violence than stealth. Both games are worth it. Both have solid stories and are very much worth a playthrough, trust me. :)

Anyway, my character is not Sam Fisher lol. I chose the name as it really reflects his purpose. To be invisible, no traces. But dangerous, if he had to be. Like Batman, he won't kill. So no Fifth Freedom ;). I don't mind him being tied to DC, that was my origin story for him since day 1. Though, unlike Batman, if he was pushed or forced into making a choice; he would likely terminate the enemy in that instance. He is more stealthy, but can do full-on assaults if the situation asks for it.

EDIT - Martial Arts/Brawler. All his weapons and gadgets are non-lethal to humans.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Right, forgot they just came out with Blacklist. Wasn't a conviction fan though. It felt like I wasn't playing as Sam Fisher. It felt like I was playing as a little man riding on Sam Fisher's back who was piloting him.

Alright, sounds a lot like a stealthier version of my character. Except mine is willing to kill a little more easily :p
  5. Raptor T. Committed Player

I'll share Jet's story later.. do not have much time atm. But here's some info.

Name: Jet Raptor (AKA Black/Dark Raptor)
    Power: Rage
    League: Squad 11
    Morality: Hero
    Mentor: Batman
    • Like x 1
  6. Cataclyzm New Player

If you want to give my character a more in depth backstory that would be great! His wiki is linked in my sig. Thanks for taking the time to do these I really appreciate it and can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Whelp, why not throw my hats into the ring...although they are pretty much blank slates ;)

Ms Fortune...started life as a hard-light weilding dirty villain, was "redeemed" as a hard-light weilding hero...then flirted with Quantum before returnting to hard-light. Retired for a number of months, and returned after re-inventing herself as a gadgets user. Due to reasons that are unknown at this time, has lost access to her gadgets and is relying on earth powers...along with a staff, bow, pair of pistols or hand-blasters depending on her mood. Orginally a speedster, she gained the ability of flight for a year or so before losing it and becoming a speedster again.

Calamity Cross....comical girl next door who gained supernatural powers and super-speed, used said powers for healing her fellow heroes. Unfortunately she is no longer alone, and has developed a number of alternate personalities. Current number of alternates is unknown, but Calamity XIV and Calamity Zero are amonst them. Whilst they all share a the same body (and subsequently super-speed), their personality, morality, powers and weapon choice varies. XIV is a serious dirty villain who relies on gadgets, a bow, hand-blasters and power-armour (which incorporates a Cyborg like hand weapon), whilst Zero is a primal sheild weilder with time related powers. There must some sort of unconcious teleportation involved, as each alternate finds themselves in the place they lost control when they "awake". Sadly, Zero is currently stuck on Brainiac's ship....possibly due to her primal nature coming with a decrease in intelligence....resulting in her running around in circles on the ship.

*sigh*.....one can only hope that Zero finally makes it off the ship...

edit: Forgot to mention, Calamity's eyes change colour depending on who is in charge....Cross = black, XIV = blood red (possibly due to exposure to a Rage ring before losing access to it) and Zero = blue. Irregardless of which alternate is in control, her eyes are always one solid colour...making the sclera, iris and pupil indistinguishable.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm giving everyone some critiques after doing research on my own, and taking their characters into account slowly, so hopefully this just about finishes everyone else who's posted here. To avoid a massively long post I'll be making separate posts for some users as some posts could get quite lengthy.

Some changes may have to be made to keep the characters in line with DC lore. These are your characters so any alterations I say I may make/will make, you have to approve. If your character is chosen and you don't like how it is being handled/will be handled just say so.
    It's definitely interesting and I like that it was told from a first person perspective a lot! But I did some research on it, and the Themyscira thing just wouldn't work in DC lore sadly as there just aren't any men allowed on the island. While there are exceptions, such as Superman. Some Amazons are even restrictive on outside Women coming in and working with them a lot of the time as seen in Superman/Batman Apocalypse wherein Supergirl is trained there. So I would need that to be altered in order to keep it in canon with the DC lore.

There are several ways to work around that. Certain males have been known to work with the Amazons briefly on Themyscira such as Steve Trevor:

[IMG]

So there are plenty of ways we can have your character get his Amazonian powers, just in order to keep it in line with the lore, him being raised on Themyscira is not an option here. If you wish, PM me and we can discuss these options further :)

I did really like that you told it from the first person perspective though as that was unique compared to every other story as it puts the reader through the character's eyes. If this story ends up being chosen, I'll keep that in mind and definitely try to implement it somewhere.

And I don't want to sound like I'm coming off mean or anything by switching up parts of your character's origin either because I've dealt with it before. Caino and I are developing an entire universe. In spite of everything in it being our own creation, we still ran into lot's of issues with character's origins. Lots.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm giving everyone some critiques after doing research on my own, and taking their characters into account slowly, so hopefully this just about finishes everyone else who's posted here. To avoid a massively long post I'll be making separate posts for some users as some posts could get quite lengthy.

Some changes may have to be made to keep the characters in line with DC lore. These are your characters so any alterations I say I may make/will make, you have to approve. If your character is chosen and you don't like how it is being handled/will be handled just say so.

Unstable war veterans are always fun to write. Any war in particular he's a veteran of? Does absorbing the mental exobyte alter his mental state in any way? Or is he still unstable?

If you haven't thought this out in particular, I may make him more along the lines of an illusion type due to the whole unstable war veteran in him rather than using telekinesis. Your call though :)

A few more details may be helpful. Any idea who you want the villains to be who made the machine?

Was the machine meant to do that or was it a freak accident? If it was an accident, the bad guys could want their "accident" back to study him resulting in a bit of a neat espionage type thing. But if it was intended to do that, it definitely makes way for more villains and more of a "classic" hero vs villain story.

As I told Gargamond, it's your call on that stuff though :) The only changes I'll have to make is if it doesn't fit in with DC lore.

You'd be amazed what someone can do with corny. Superman has been carried through about 75 years of stories now.

I like the origin quite a bit actually. It's just fun and simple. No odd tragedy behind it that spurred the character on to fighting for good. So it's definitely unique in that way and could definitely be fun to write.
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Thinking about it, by any chance do you have a green lantern character? If you don't, ask around and find someone who does and is interested in having a chance at this. If you did, I'd probably work her/him into the story as well as Jurgen actually.
    Alright, so she is a lot like a good version of Poison Ivy power wise?

There's definitely a lot of room for growth here. I do like how you mixed Lex in, though in order to get Lex involved more, I may end up giving your character actual DNA from the plant, so if it was extracted, it could be reproduced on a massive scale. Killing Superman would be a side benefit for Luthor.
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Gargamond uses telekinesis like this:

...a tomahawk like this:

...and can play a person's mind like a drum, like this:

He's like a psycho who works for the good guys. He's kind of a bad guy who isn't necessarily a bad.... guy.... Sort of an antihero, like a male version of the Huntress. He's probably a veteran of some war in the DC Universe. The exobyte didn't change his mental instability. He is still vindictive, like the Huntress.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The reason I went that route is because I like the brother relationship there. It gives a history to the characters which is always a really nice thing as they talk as if they know each other. Splinter Cell would be a good option though, but I'd need more on all the character's personalities to figure out which combination would make the best group dynamic.

Well keep in mind he can be whichever power you want. One possible story idea I had come up with when I was mulling it around in my head was that the lantern character who supposedly died was one of the heroes leading the attack on the HIVE base and the two meet up and work together to take down several HIVE bases.

Dunno, for everyone who's submitted ideas to me I've been thinking up little ideas along those lines.

I get the impression he isn't afraid to kill?
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

He's definitely a killer. It's the Suicide Squad, man. Amanda Waller kills members of her own squad.
    • Like x 1
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Splinter Cell is very protective of his allies, though his personality comes off as indifferent, or cold. He is fiercely loyal to the mission at hand, and will accomplish his objectives however he can, and if he can do it without taking a life, all the better. He's not a hero, just a soldier from a time that no longer exists. So he can come off as stand-offish, especially to anyone he may love. It's a bit cliche, but there is a reason those types of characters are successful. They work, and they're believable, especially soldiers. He never reveals his true name, as he feels in this world he is in now has no place for it. He's on a mission, and that's it. Nothing else matters.
    • Like x 1
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

origin part 2.......

IT has been 2 years since the incident with the machine. Eric has been training and has finally mastered the power of fire. He took a break from searching to go help the league defeat Brainiac. Took another one to stop the Green Lantern war. Superman called him once again to end this villain safehouse. He begins to wonder if he will ever find these people. (also forgot to mention he saw this sign type thing, has the shape of a stop sign but is black with 2 yellow lines running down it, he thinks this is the people who built it) AFter he stopped the Joker and other villains from the safehouse he saw something he never thought he would see. That stop sign. Their was a phone next to it. It rang. On the other line was a strange voice saying that his girlfriend is still alive and to come to the docks to finish this. HE flew straight to the docks but was greeted by four dozen men loaded with guns. A couple metas and on a boat was his girlfriend with a strange figure in full body armor.
    As he was planning a way to get on the boat he felt a pain in his chest. He was shot with a tranquilizer. He fell asleep. When he woke up he was tied up beside his girlfriend. He couldn't break free. He then heard a voice "it been too long, you took something that belongs to us and we want it back. Their is just one problem, once we take this exobyte from you your die." (the machine was a machine built by Dr Strange that gave and took exobytes) " He told the men to begin the procedure. He was going to give up but then he saw his girlfriend next to him. Seeing her in pain gave him the strength needed to break out. The whole room lit up with fire. He was going to put a end to Dr Strange. But before he could do that he was knocked to the ground with a blast of cold ice. IT was Pistelshot. (the guy with ice powers who was my first toon who is made a villain to stop Eric) The fight lasted several hours and went around the city till finally Pistelshot was defeated. He got back to the boat and stopped Dr Strange.
    It was almost midnight and Eric was just sitting on top of a building holding his girlfriend. He was thinking of putting a end to his superhero life. TO start a life with his girlfriend. He lost 2 years with her and he is not losing another minute with her. They got to talking and she told him that he needs to keep fighting that the world needs Blazeing Fire. He wanted to quit being Blazeing fire so bad but he would do anything for her and if that meant fighting evil then he would do it.

Sorry i tried to make it short. My grammar is not really good when writing long paragraphs. Enough detail? His villains were Dr strange, Pistelshot, and I don't care who else you put. And you can make Pistelshot look however you like. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

If it was true, wouldn't i be dead too? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  19. Raptor T. Committed Player

Well here's the story...

Jet Raptor was a young man getting ready for his job. He was a senior at Gotham University and was about to become an aerospace engineer. One day when Raptor turned on the TV, he saw the Justice League fighting off super villains (cinematic trailer) at a destroyed Metropolis City.

When the villains succeeded, Brainiac took over planet earth and started abducting humans. He would turn every human being into his slave. Brainiac quickly eliminated the remaining heroes and villains around the globe. Raptor was one of the prisoners captured onto Brainiac's ship. Jet was unconscious when the workers took him on board. But when he woke up, he found out he was standing in line.. waiting to get turned into a slave. A slave that was unlike any other... controlled not by your mind, but by a machine. He was going to help Brainiac take over the planet without realizing it... until...

Someone rescued him. The unknown hero was able to destroy every Brainiac guards inside that room. Jet didn't knew who he was... but he didn't care. What Raptor cared for at that moment, was that his life was saved by that man. And that man introduced himself. He told Jet to work with him. So that they would find a way out of the ship. He even gave Jet some exobytes.. which granted him Ice powers. Raptor will never forget this man.. for he is Lex Luthor.

A few months have past since the day of Raptors rescue. He has been working with Luthor... forming a strong sense of camaraderie. He would do whatever he tells him to. Because Jet knew he saved his life and Jet trusted him like he would trust his parents. Raptor had to kill some human being slaves in order to obtain the technology that was used so Lex could figure out a way to counter and destroy it. However, Luthor was able to locate a strong source of energy... solar energy that was stored within that location along with a teleporter. Raptor's hope accelerated when he found out there was a teleporter. BUT going to the teleporter also means getting pass all the Brainiac soldiers. Luthor and Raptor then traveled to Fortress of Solitude.

Lex and Jet were almost there.. they could see the FOS. Jet's heart started pounding and was excited. He wanted to get out of here and escape from Brainiac for months and now is his chance. But things didn't go the way he expected...

Unexpectedly Luthor turns around and electrocuted Raptor with his hand blasters weapon. Jet reacted fast enough just to pop up Reflection. However, Lex's power was too great. The Ice shield broke and Raptor was almost killed. Jet became unconscious. When he woke up, he looked into the distance and saw that the FOS collapsed (Fractured Future trailer).

Raptor traveled to the FOS.. hoping he would salvage anything useful. He then found a man wearing a black armor with a bat symbol on the chest.. Batman.. Raptor knew him. His face was heavily scarred and burned from combat. Despite his months of friendship with Lex, Jet did not like the idea of working with Batman. But Jet accepted nonetheless when Batman opened a portal to the past. Batman told Jet to help the Justice League so a time like this would not happen again. Now that Jet knows who Luthor is, they next time he meets him, he will be his enemy.

He has now turned into a superhero from a super villain.

Jet was then teleported onto Brainiac's ship modern time (tutorial). He fought his way through and destroyed the ship. Oracle contacted Jet and Superman joined him on the fight. He was then teleported into East End Police Station. That was where his journey as a superhero began.

He later joined Squad 11. From that day on, he has fought many battles against evil with his brothers and sisters. When Mogo and Ranx decided to attack Metropolis in an alternate reality, Raptor fought the Sine strong Corp and the Red Lanterns. But his anger took the better of him.

He was granted a Red Lantern Ring. He accepted the new the power and the red ring override his Ice abilities. Even though Raptor is now angry at many things, he will continue to fight alongside his brothers and sisters to do what is right.

Well there you go... pretty lengthy but hope it was interesting.
    • Like x 1
  20. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

Yes it was extracted
    • Like x 1