Forums logout timer?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

First a captcha and now a logout timer as well? Come on... we can all do better I'm sure.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm. I only have to relog in after I restart my PC.
    • Like x 1
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Hm, OK. Might be something on my end, thanks for the feedback. This is since yesterday/today though that I noticed it (get logged off with no activity for X minutes). It's pretty annoying having to tick the captcha box again and having to login again. I usually login to the game + forums, play and check the forums when I'm waiting for queues but I've been logged out a few times now whilst doing that so I have to repeat those steps a few times today already.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

On my phone I get logged out when I switch between data and wifi. Sometimes there are other random logoffs though.
    • Like x 2
  5. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Yeah, might be my VPN. But I'm almost positive I was connected with the same IP. Will keep an eye out though unless other people experience the same thing.
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I've been wondering what is up with the forums and their security set up ? I forget even what thread I saw the comment in but one guy brought up a really good point.... I DO NOT even have to prove i am not a robot to log in and play the game.... and gee we don't have ANY robots in game trying to constantly get us to go visit their site and use real money to buy in game cash BUT now every time I try to log on here I must PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt i am a real live human being. Funny I don't recall any robots on here selling in game cash LOL

and yesterday I got hit with the auto log out for inactivity on the forums. DAMN I used to log in. Post if I saw anything interesting to post about and then just STAY logged in while I checked out other sites i visit.. Heck there were times if I was testing something I'd be logged in on the forums WHILE I was in game running a particular mission for info to provide for a thread. NOW? I get logged out ?

There is probably some security issue that prompted it but could they at least let US know about it? :confused:<--- dazed and confused look
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I get logged out after 2 seconds, 10 seconds.... or 2 minutes, randomly. Try posting... :mad:
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I haven't had a log out timer but the stupid "are you a robot" bullcrap when you try to log in pisses me off.
    • Like x 1
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

This is easier than some I've seen. For example, "Pick all the pictures with cars in them" and sometimes there is a car that was 100 meters away from the camera and you have to know that those 4 pixels are a car or the edge of a tail light just made it in frame and you have to recognize that the red streak on one side of the picture is a tail light. If you miss one of those pictures, you have to start all over again (enter username, password, and start looking at more stupid pictures).
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

As long as I don't turn off my computer or log in from my phone It keeps me logged in. Though on Daybreak website I log in but it doesn't really show that I am logged in only when I go to buy DBC or sending a ticket. And I have to re log all the time there, and yeah I need to prove I'm not a robot. lol and When I log on my phone it logs me off the forums I believe.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

For mobile you don't even have to pick any pictures, it just scans your phone and let's you in
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That's what I mean, just check a box and you're done, mobile or PC. When the picture one started other places, it wasn't so bad. But then they started adding trick pictures, and some sites make you look through 20+ tiny pictures for one thing AND 20+ tiny pictures for another thing before you can log in (or find out you missed one of the trick pictures, then have to start over again). But I've only seen it that bad in one or two places.
  13. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I don't know if something got changed but today I've been logged in normally without automated log offs (tested on both my work VPN and my personal VPN). Odd.