For those who don't care to be in a league (USPC Heroes)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghaladh, May 4, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I am posting here because the message is addressed to those that have no interest in being part of a league. although this is. in a way, a league recruitment message. I post it in the Funhouse because if you don't care about leagues, you will hardly read the topics in the Leagues recruitment center.

Said that, I am trying to earn enough Prestige to acquire a League Hall. It's just for the fun of it and I don't really care to create a proper league. I am a Pugger and I don't like spending my in-game time chatting and socializing. I already gathered more than 80k prestige points all by myself, but it's really taking a lot of time, so I am asking you to help me. What you have to do is to send a mail to "Karma Agent", my main character, and as soon as I see you online I will invite you to my pretend league (Karma Agents).

You will play as usual, going on about your business as before, but every time you finish a raid or team session, you will be giving prestige to the league. That's it. You don't even have to say "hello" to me when I am online, if you don't want to. :D

There is a little perk that comes along with your kindness. You will be granted access to my 9 bases set in strategical positions across Gotham and Metropolis, with amenities and teleports in each one of them. Some are far from the Police Stations, so that if you find yourself in a forgotten part of the city, (like Arkham, South-West Gotham, East Metropolis or Stryker Island) you will have less distance to run in order to have access to a teleportation service.

Thank you in advance to those who are willing to help me out. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. dngnb8 Devoted Player

TLDR: Get me my League Hall
    • Like x 2
  3. Delta795 New Player

I'm confused...
    You don't want to be part of a current league, nor take the time to start a new one BUT you want others to help you prestige enough to get a league hall for yourself?

Isn't that sorta like being in a league, albeit a completely crappy league.
  4. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Not really. What its like is getting him his hall without having to commit to the players. This is called get me what I want without effort. Consider this Leagebamacare.
    • Like x 1
  5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Solo league, @ 9 months have enough for own hall
    • Like x 2
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

You mentioned that you have 9 bases. Maybe you just need to load them up with junk so that the weekly walkin puts a dent into prestige. If you play just one toon and logon to the others once a week, you should be able to get a hall very soon. I have a league of 8 alts that I don't really play and I almost have my own hall (maybe another week and a half). I just have stocked up bases for all of them. Around 50K of the prestige came from the bases. The rest are from the lone lvl 30 that I run fast solos/duos/alerts on when I'm not on one of main characters.
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

9 bases but not on same toon, only allowed 4 , so unless alts r in league no credit to the main
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's one of the reasons why started "Knights of Tragann" and "Nyamandhlovu Knights" here, and "Gods" and "Spirits of Glencoe" in EQ2, but way to selfish to let anyone else in to help :D

"Karma Agents" sounds like a League for those who don't want to be active in a League, or thought to start their own, but still want the benefits (if any) of being in a League
  9. Kroye Loyal Player

Doesn't that get, well, lonely?

Friends and family are one of the main reasons I play DCUO rather than the many other games out there. I couldn't imagine not chatting and socializing while in game.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally, can't remember who have chatted to, or about what, doesn't mean haven't made a few friendly contacts over the years (just can't remember who they are :()

OPie may be talking about 'regular' chatting and socializing on a daily basis as opposed to just being friendly when looking for help with a mission or just general channel talk
    • Like x 1
  11. Tannen Committed Player

It really depends what you play for. Despite having spent considerable time in a few MMOs, the social aspect isn't really a big draw for me. I just tend to like games that provide a lot of content with the ability to keep giving you something to do for months, or years, on end. I'm just as happy playing something offline, if there's enough content to keep me playing for a long period of time. I don't like the approach that a lot of gamers have of wanting to blaze through as many games as possible. In the end, its the game itself that I'm drawn to, and not whatever social aspect is in place.

The OP may have similar views.
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Seems like you missed the point, it's about gathering players who like him/herself don't wanna be tied down with a league, but who want the buffs a league provide. Nothing at all is wrong with that.
    • Like x 2
  13. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I beg to differ, seems like you missed the point. Any league can provide those buffs. This guy just wants a League Hall. He isnt offering anything any other league doesnt already provide.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

He is offering a league without league responsibilities. I have a solo league, so I understand. It's a solo league thing, you wouldn't understand
    • Like x 1
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

No, it's a focused way of gaming. Of you look at the chats, 95% of posted messages are either pure functional ("need troll for .... CR112+!", "want to trade exos for cc hood"....) or teenage ego/drama. I for myself get along well without the teenage BS, PUG with the queue solely and personally don't need a video game to find "friends" at all. I guess the OP is of the same "build"/"version".

I repeatedly stated this game would still work perfectly without any open world chat if added a great tool for group building, a GUI extension for trading items for items and a league recruitment center in game. This would eliminate a lot of problems in game - just the teenage ego/drama/BS type of players want their global chats to show off what profound versions of a-holes they are, so neither SOE nor Daybreak will go that way.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

There are people who don't care about leagues and, like me, have no interest in creating a permanent network of online friends. I PuG all the time. Sometimes, if a player is good and friendly, I add him to my friend list and occasionally I call him if I need a role in a team. I am available to help other PuGgers as well, when they decide to add my characters to their friend list. A league provides buffs, but also requires a certain degree of commitment that I don't feel like granting nor demanding. That's the reason of my request. There is no league that wouldn't provide what i want to achieve, but not everyone care about joining one.

My league is not a league. I just want a League Hall to have a larger space to furnish (I have fun with the bases) and, if I get enough prestige, also to get some boost. Help me if you want or don't. XD

Yeah, of course I do that. I have one base which is the place in which I put all of the stuff that I don't want in the properly furnished bases. The others are very pretty and mostly complete.
    All of my characters are in the League. Karma Agent has 4 bases, Ben Frost and Sheng Huo have 2 each and Blastock has only 1. I get my weekly dose of prestige thanks to those bases.

I am a loner. However, I am not attracted by the social aspect of the game. Someone is nice, someone deserves the ignore list. No big deal. I just don't spend time trying to know the person behind the character. I just wanna play.

BTW, In a little more than 2 months I've been able to get almost 90k Prestige. If people are willing to help, good, otherwise I will keep going on by myself, not a problem. If we are more, we can get buffs and common bank slots, if I stay alone I will just have fun with the furnishing. No need for polemics here. Mine is a legitimate request addressed to people to whom wouldn't make any difference playing while staying in my non-league or playing as they are playing now.
    • Like x 1
  17. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Again, he isnt offering anything new. The league I was in had no responsibilities. Casual Leagues are out there. What he is doing is getting people to get him a league hall.

I understand better then you believe I do.
  18. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

P.S.: At first, I created a league just to avoid being invited by random guys into their own leagues. The popup invitation, a couple of times, killed my character during a fight XD. Other people, instead, keep inviting you till you don't put them on ignore (crazy!).

While playing I realized that I was getting a lot of prestige without any effort, beside playing as I usually do, hence I decided to go for a League Hall. I mean, it's pretty cool to have a League Hall to furnish!

Then I realized of how many people are leagueless and want to stay that way, so why not inviting them in my non-league and working together to get what I would obtain by myself anyway?
  19. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

So... what's your point? XD
  20. nowburn4it Loyal Player

If I couldn't express my pent up teenage BS/drama I'd have quit this game well over a year ago...