For the sake of a healthier economy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm going off title, 'for sake of healthier economy'
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

A money wipe would level the economy true, but it will do it at the expense of a bunch of users who did nothing to directly benefit from any of the glitching. Yeah, some of their money is dirty, but I'd guess yours in the real world has been in some questionable places as well. Should we just take everyone's money? Also, what does this do for the fact that there WILL be another money glitch...bet on it. So once that happens, will you take my money again?

Meanwhile the people who have profited the most by the worst glitching have mountains of stored goods they can corner the market on, so yeah...a Cosmic might cost 30 million again, but with no excess money in the game, there will only be a few who can get to that number to buy it via legit means. At least RN, a few lucky drops can get you into the running.

Id' say another taxing round similar to the last one, but A) Unannounced and B) a bit more even handed, would do more good. It would still hit the biggest offenders the hardest but give regular players a chance at keeping a bit of what they earned legit.
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well I would like to think the new owners will have the back bone to punish exploiters and hackers unlike the team we have had over the years who have turned a blind eye to it.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You cant deny that what 3 or 4 money glitches is why USPS/PC broker is why it is. Not with a straight face anyways.

And even if you sold plans to a vendor every time I can assure you that you would have no where near the money some have nowadays. Take me for example I sale plans to vendor, colas ect, gen mods all of that junk, and I'm only pushing 30mil in escrow now that I've stopped buying legendary. That's not a week or months worth either, that's years worth, as I haven't paid for legendary since revamp dropped.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except thats false per your example and even if your example were true, thats on the player selling an has nothing to do with a “healthier economy”.

1) in ur example your overlooking the fact that ppl may and even do want stacks of those items because its a great way to boost CR. Buy a few stax of a few items an open one by one to raise CR
    2) if your suggestion were implemented, the economy would not change at all because thats not the issue with the economy so your not addressing the issue. Your attempting to address just 1 or MANY teeny tiny instances of inconvenience
    3) the actual issue with the broker/economy is inflation. Inflation is caused by the artificial injection of $. The artificial injection of $ is done by “gold spammers” and until that is stopped, there is no fixing the economy.
    • Like x 1
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have to respectfully disagree 100% here.
    A wipe does not solve the issue. If economy were wiped even back to $0 for everyone it would take just a few players willing to buy (i would consider being one of them if DC wiped the funds i earned and worked for) and a few players willing to sell (you see them all the time) and the economy would be bloated again (likely in days).

Wiping the economy is nothing more than putting a bandaid on a severed artery. Sure for a brief moment the bleeding will be haulted but the artery will win because it must be surgically repaired NOT band-aid’d.

The only real way to fix the economy is to fix the gold spammers. If funds are not artificially injected the the economy wont bloat. A wipe does not fix/prevent the gold spammers thus wont fix the economy.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In SekretVillain's defense, technically the subject was misleading. A broker UI revamp (what is what you proposed) would neither really help or harm the economy. It was more of just a QOL request....which is not a bad thing, but again...kind of doesn't match the subject.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just adapted the idea of a revamped broker UI from the comments and did not propose it in the original thread. The economy is not just money but items aswell, wich is what i was talking about in the first place. A way of spreading more items over a larger amount of players.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

The gold spammers are on the servers also no? So they too would lose out.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, well this is getting off topic, but your first post was exactly a broker UI revamp. The ability to pull individual sales out of a stack of items vs buying the whole stack. That's the definition of a UI change. It would do nothing to help the economy, because that guy who is selling 185 raven gauntlets would still get the money. In fact, it might actually damage the economy because likely that guy will have to list the 185 gauntlets 3 or 4 times before they sell in bulk, meaning more listing fees which consumes cash in game...meaning more 'dirty' cash out of the game. If your change is implemented as proposed, more than likely a portion of his items would sell out of the 185, meaning less when he re lists what's left...meaning less broker fees.

As far as benefiting the buyer, yeah... maybe a bit, but on most bulk listings the 'per piece' breakdown is not cheaper than the lowest priced items EXCEPT on these insanely high piles of TC boots/gauntlets that show up occasionally. OP components, Exos, cats...etc almost always work out lower to pick off the lowest items as someone is undercutting the next higher guy. I guess there is the 1 or 2 times you go in and the ONLY item for sale for Raven's gauntlets is the bulk sale...sure...in that one case it would be a great benefit, but that does not happen often...there are almost always solo items to buy.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea in theory...just don't think it will do anything to help the economy and is probably not worth the time/dev effort to implement.
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, i never intended to get any change in money distribution but i get your point and it makes sense. Time will tell whats going to come next with anniversary and then we can look for what the future holds with the newly promoted increase in funds for DCUO.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

While I take your point entirely, you do have to consider the sheer scale as well. I wonder how many adds have been killed on the US server in ten years? Much of that money from those kills is somewhere. The only way money disappears forever is if a player with a lot of money stops playing forever, broker fees, and vendor fees.

I haven’t got the knowledge of the money glitches historically but I know there is also glitched money on the EU server. I’ve no idea which server has most glitched money in the economy. I’m basing my comments on what I do know, and I’m just saying that comparisons of prices between servers are fairly meaningless - and actually - they seem roughly proportionate to the server size.
  13. Brit Loyal Player

The Broker is a Broker, not an Auction House. It is a seller's market, not a buyer's market. I am not saying that this is the best way to do business, or the ideal for the playerbase. I'm just making an honest assessment of what we have.

There is no bidding. Someone can post something a bajillion times at a price that is clearly too high, because nobody ever buys it. All the buyers can do is refuse to pay high prices, and hope that eventually prices come down or that items are sold in a way that the buyer desires. The names of sellers aren't even posted with the Broker, so you have no ability to contact the seller and propose alternative offers or trades. It is 100% doing it the seller's way, or not at all. That is the facts of the system we have in place right now.

Again, I am not defending the current system or saying that it's ideal. I'm helping players to understand the difference between a broker and an auction house (which is what some other games have).

If the seller wants to post things in ridiculously high stacks, that is their right. They may have reasons why they choose that option. For example:

- I have multiple copies of this item and I want to get rid of them all. I do not want to post them each separately, because then I compete against myself. I do not want to post them each separately, because then I pay broker fees multiple times for the ones that do not sell. I want to sell them as a bundle, and let the buyer worry about unloading the extras. I personally always do this with Episode Catalysts and Augment Food, because I want to move the whole bundle, not just the 1 or 2 that a player might have needed. Reducing a stack size does not clean inventory; you have to eliminate them all to free up the slot.

- I am offering these items in a large stack for the purpose players who want to quickly level a character. Purchasing a stack of several slots of gear and then just opening them in rotation can fly someone up 100 CR very quickly and easily. In fact, because those Time Capsule items open with a bonus higher than the greens and blues from dropped content, they become one of the quickest ways to level. So some players actually DO want a huge stack of them.

- Daybreak sells Broker Slots on the Marketplace. By allowing players to post 100 of a single item, but sell them individually, Daybreak loses out on the ability to force players to buy extra broker slots. Honestly, many of those sales might just be stacked because the player cannot post them all individually, which is by design.

Given that Daybreak has intentionally deleted our Trade Forums and seems to be anti-trading, it seems by design that they wish to funnel players towards using the Broker, which eliminates excess currency from the economy through fees, and also helps them raise revenue by selling slots.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

They’d lose their stash but immediately “manufacture” more. Its the digital version of printing money. They just type in a value i assume in some sort of hacking program or whatever. So their supply is limitless
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Like I said in this or another thread, I'm hoping with the new owners they'll have the back bone to punish exploiters, hackers, and all that. Gold spammers included.

If I had the choice anyone who has exploited in game cash, stabilizers, feats, gear, whatever would be permanently put on a server of their own, so they only get to play and associate with ToS breakers like themselves.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As of right now they cannot print money anymore. That was the last glitch and it was patched before the 'tax'. Don't believe me? If it were possible to still easily print the money we'd see exactly what was happening last year, where the gold sellers were constantly undercutting each other because they had unlimited supply finally settling down around a buck or 2 per Billion. While am not a fan of the gold sellers, and wish they would go away, I don't believe they were the ones printing money...it was the players. We'd also see people selling ungodly amounts of money being sold for cashapp or the insane offers of cash for hard goods. While it's still f'd up, it's not like last year when the counterfeiting was rampant. Remember when there were pages of stacks of soders in the broker for 999,999,999?
  17. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Not a fan of this cause if I put a stack of 10 of ionized gas on the broker for 450 million and the lowest single on is 55 million. Yes individually mine are cheaper but I only offering that as a bulk price. And that is my intention. Maybe alot of people don't do the market this way but I do.
  18. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Can't spam gold when everyone's money is reset to zero or 1 mil or whatever LOW number is chosen. Can't sell that 1337 chroma for 600 mil when no one can afford to list it or pay that price. Maybe a few industrious people have stacks of something they could sell to a vendor for some money but I doubt it's going to be in the hundreds of millions and if it were then those stacks could be deleted too or reduced to some much smaller number.
    • Like x 1
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats good then, im returning (bout 4.5 months back in) from about 6.5 years away so i do not remeber and will take your word for it.
    I just dont want the wipe because i didnt scam anything an even if the funds r dirty i earned it the rite way.
    Now, if there cant be anymore injected then im open to discussion personally BUT still would leave quite the sour taste to have amassed 800 mil w/out any scams only to start over.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea but your not considering the underlying issue of $ being “printed” then injected. IF that can still happen (and i have to believe PC players/hackers can do it) then wiping does NOT solve the issue.
    I want the real issue fixed that punishes ONLY the spammers, NOT a temporary solution that punishes everyone