Fixing the Elite Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Well this are just suggestions that would have made the current available elite content more exciting.

Science Spire(Elite)
    1st Boss:
    I believe this boss should have hp check and based on that a phase would ocour in a specific order(Living Forge vibes)
    - Spawn 2 adds
    - Do a laser move (like black manta) that you have to block
    - Throw kryptonite to make boss vulnerable again

2nd Boss:
    I personally don't like this boss to much, still the most characteristic parts of this encounter is the boss freeze breath and the environment bombs. Having that in mind, I think the freezing breath could only be interrupted by tinker with a bomb and stay on its electricity.

PZe:
    1st Boss:
    I enjoyed some of the aspects of this encounter, but there is still quite a margin of work to be done and having that in mind In would like to give my suggestion.
    - Ground Slam, everyone should have to block this move.
    - AEO Pull, I think there should be a slightly delay between the skull and the actual move.
    - Snow Flakes, they all right either block or not be in its way.
    - Ground Spikes, they could either get a tell or have a mechanic associated with it, currently it seems random.
    - Sound Wave, for some reason the boss does this useless move too (no idea why)
    For some reason there are a few inconsistency in the attacks sometimes they hit you twice or even out of range and moves may one shot you even if you block.

2nd Boss:
    Zul
    I think Zul is as fine as it is, there are some anoying aggro losses, but as a sub boss is ok.

Non
    I personally like this boss, but I think the ground slam range should be visible by showing us a red tell, just like hydra has.

Ursa
    Ursa is fine as it is.

Last boss
    Zod seemed ok.

I did could do FosE, but I will leave as it is for now.
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Ursa can go to heck for all I care....I don't know what I did to her, but EVERYTIME I have run PZ from when it first came out till the present, every time Ursa comes out, that crazy woman is on my like I owe her a child support check. o_O
  3. zNot Loyal Player

the elite alert is harder then the elite raid again it should be the opposite..
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you even play the Science Spire Elite??

It does spawn adds.... a lot more then 2.

He does use his heat vision.... often right after he punches the ground. Which means that even if you survive the punch... the heat vision might finish you off.

And you don't block the heat vision..... you interrupt it.

You can already throw the Kryptonite... not sure how vulnerable that makes him... but it does stun him for a few seconds.

Did you even PLAY the content??
    or just wanted to make a post saying make it harder?? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  5. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

thoose are my suggestions how it should have been. Currently is a dps burn fiesta and it sucks. There is literally no skill in this elite solo.
  6. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

My dude, its a solo. Maybe it would be more difficult if it wasn't for the cheese. In fact, this whole dlc is a big cheese fest. Amazonian deflection cheese. Fos 3 cheese. Allies cheese. Got people out here spending money on replays to reset a 10 yr old raid.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I wouldn't expect too many adjustments since we have like 2 weeks left. Which is why I think they aren't rotating thru other content. Wouldn't have time to fix bugs if stuff changes weekly
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Heading into pze now, only went in day 1 and haven't had the time to want to try again. Tomorrow is fos day supposedly.

Science spire, I don't know. Sometimes I go in and melt 1st boss before the kryptonite even drops and other times I need 2 drops for my main. Battle tanking it is super easy. My basic water alt is sorta rough. Going to give my munitions with 150sp and 120 arts so attempts tomorrow. It didnt go well last week but we'll see.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah wow. Lol soooo what is going on in there huh?? Jor el part was fine tho doesn't give out renown? The alert keeps telling me I'm loot locked after 1st boss as well as everyone else in there but I had reset and for sure 1 other did. So that caused us to stop amd try to figure things out. But anyway, 2nd boss... The skull attacks don't kill you, hell barely even hurt but then a tv blows up on the wall and kills 3 of us? Lol we don't even know. At one point our tank turned into a set of floating hands so that was funny at least.

Nons stomp gave us issues for a min then we just held block while he was gliding and that worked. Sometimes lol. But the second the sunstone turned on, all dead. Troll touch the monitors, dead. Tank touches the monitors and healer dies. Got late and we had to still run the reg version for our resetting. Which made us realize how easy regular is (never moved. Literally on fire not moving a few times) and then wonder why with a pug group it can be so incredibly difficult.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What suggestions???

What you suggest with your suggestion is already in the mission.

2 adds??? There is more then 2

Heat Vision?? he already uses that and burn through your HPs pretty darn quick if you do not interrupt him.

The Kryptonite?? you can already use it to stun him.

Again.... did you even play the mission?

Did you play the Event version of the mission and somehow thought you played the Elite??
    That is the only explanation I can think of that makes any sense.

Or.... you did not play the mission.... and just ask for missions to be harder anyway.