First Year Celebration Cape

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wonder Boi, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

Since we have styles unlockable now, are we ever going to be able to unlock the first year cape?
    • Like x 2
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I believe the thinking behind this style is the same as the Hack Attack Hoodie. You ACTUALLY had to be there to get it. In other words, the character in question HAD to exist at the time the style was offered in order to receive the style. 'Johnny Come Lately' characters not eligible.

Perhaps Mepps could correct me if this is wrong?
    • Like x 1
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I say go ahead. Unlock Everything.

I mean, they have already started down a slippery slope already with the Batman Inspired Mask.

So go head...why not?
    • Like x 1
  5. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

I think you misunderstood the post. The post was can we get an unlock for the accounts that have such things as the HackAttack Hoodie and the 1st year anniversay cape. I think you're thinking of Member rewards. My suggestion is to unlock these for the accounts that were around during that time so that other alts on those accounts that have them can have the style on the accounts like mine that have both and then some of the grants you listed above. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

No, I understood the post just fine. Which is why I responded as I did.

I do believe that the thinking behind the First Anniversary Cape, like the Hack Attack Hoodie, is that in order for a character to have those styles unlocked they HAD to exist at the time the styles were granted. 'Johnny Come Lately' characters (characters created AFTER those styles were granted) are NOT eligible.

I think allowing ANYONE with these styles unlocked on a character on their account to then unlock them for any and all the characters they created AFTER these were granted is a TERRIBLE idea and should NOT be allowed.

I wear my First Anniversary Cape and Hack Attack Hoodie in part just to showoff that my character (Elijah Seed) was there for these 'events' when the mood strikes me. I think it would be wrong if I could now unlock these styles on my alts that did not EXIST at the time these styles were offered. And I think it would be wrong to EVER offer these styles again before DCUO is shutdown for good.

They were given as a specific one time grant for specific reasons - First Anniversary Cape for playing DCUO at the time of its first anniversary. The Hack Attack Hoodie for owning a copy of DUCO AND being a paying subscriber at the time that SOE was hacked and had to be taken down for a month and half AND as a thank you FROM SOE for coming back and continuing to play DCUO once SOE was fixed and brought back online. For me or anyone else to create a character today and unlock these styles on that character is just wrong. The character created today WAS NOT THERE for those 'events' and should NOT be allowed to appear as if they were.

And again, perhaps Mepps can correct me if this is wrong? (The "?" acting as bait to get Mepps to maybe notice this and take three seconds to give a 'Yea' or 'Nay'.)
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I am of the opinion that every style in the game should be available for Style Unlocking. If you have it on one character, and you pay the appropriate number of replay badges, you should be able to unlock it for another character.
    • Like x 2
  8. Comixfan Committed Player

I'm of the opinion that there should be no cost to style unlocking between your characters.
    • Like x 1