First Listen to the New Harley Quinn voice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megamanzero Loyal Player

it was meeeeee!! n_n
    the only thing that would make this acceptable is if
    1) it was april 1st and
    2) jokers voice was replaced with jon h benjamins voice heheh
    hey harley....harleyy...HARRLEEEEEYYYY
    WHAAAT
    DANGER ZONE XD

wrong cartoon.. dont care. still funny :p
    • Like x 2
  2. megamanzero Loyal Player

i started but even in context i didnt like it. sorry
  3. DivineSire Dedicated Player

She sounds like a complete nut hehe which is good in this case.
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'd have given her direction to make her sound closer to Arleen Sorkin. I'm sorry, but this actor sounded to me as if Harley is Elmer Fudd's cousin. Doesn't get it quite right, and to the point where she's downright grating. :-(

But, then, I still much prefer Original Booster Gold so much more, as well. The redone dialogue was just a mistake; it lost most of the energy the original actor brought to the lines.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I don't live for this... Soo cringeworthy. Girl sorry.

Could have gotten the one that voiced Harley in Assault on Arkham! I do not recall her name on top of my head!
    • Like x 2
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Tara strong I believe her name was. Who knows, maybe it will get better. I know the actress was super excited to play Harley. But wow the Bob's burgers thing now is all I hear. Harley is supposed to sound like a little kid almost then can turn on a dime and get crazy. This is just a bit well as others said, Louise from Bob's burgers.
    • Like x 1
  7. megamanzero Loyal Player

8. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Ugh this voice is awful....I've never seen bobs burgers but I do watch last man on earth and it's the same actress in those shows that sounds like this Harley. ....I'm just waiting for will Forte to pop out and yell carol!!!!
    • Like x 3
  9. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I hope that at least they would keep old Harley's voice overs untouched.
    • Like x 2
  10. megamanzero Loyal Player

like i said probably would be better if the actual louise voiced it. ;)
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

They are :)

Arleen remains in the older voice recordings. I think SJ confirmed at some point that Jen Brown would only be used for new Harley related dialogue.
  12. Helderman Dedicated Player

What the... Is It serious? The first time I listened Calculator on my villain I confused him with Deathstroke. I would never guess them and Booster Gold were the same VA.
  13. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Yes! I hate the new Booster Gold voice. Sounds like a low energy version of the original.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Harley is supposed to be crazy, but charming. Not abrasive. Not screechy.
    • Like x 7
  15. Tikkun Loyal Player

I was giving this voice a chance, and then she said the word, "HammER!" It's not a "hammER", it's a "hammAH"! Done, nope. Send her on the Nope Train to Nopesville. Seething hate. I usually love the voiceovers in this game too, but I guess you can't win 'em all.
    • Like x 3
  16. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Yeah, seems she is trying a bit too hard to be Harley.

To me, Harley sounds innocent (archetype of a child)) until she saids something "twisted". Actually, sort of like how the Joker sounds "fun loving" (archetype of a part clown) until he saids something deviant.
    • Like x 4
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i finally paid attention to it during the duo and watching torikumus video and imo its terrible. It sounds nothing like the old vo. It seems forced and like she tried way too hard. I too was for it if it meant more harley content but after hearing this im a no. Just retire harley and focus on other iconic characters if its going to sound like this. Its nails on a chalkboard for me.
    • Like x 2
  18. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Was Tara Strong not available or somthing?
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Jen Brown's Harley voice remind me of this:

• Like x 2
  20. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Nope...not getting use to this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.