Fire Tank healing is too high in pvp..

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Celest and Quantum should not be hurting you in 2v2's :p
    • Like x 2
  2. Wild Level 30

Heso peoples. I see a major prob with fire too. However with the new deserter rules I just leave if I see someone use fire in 1v1 so I don’t mind waiting for a fix (and there needs to be one) as long as the deserter rules don't change to what they were. :D
  3. Deamonox Well-Known Player

Celestial does hurt you, I was in open world fighting 2 villains and I was winning then this celestial guy comes by and does 1 combo and bam I died.
    Maybe he was in pve gear idk but celestial does hit kinda hard it's not as bad as HL but it hits hard.
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Read the post again.
  5. HazeTA New Player

After seeing what a Fire Tanks healing is like first hand today, I have to admit it's very good BUT, skill points have alot to do with it also. A Fire Tank in PVP with not many sp is very noticeable and will be melted quickly in a 1v1.

I'm on 212sp and was going against other Fire tanks 1v1 after going Fire today and their lack of sp was more than apparent. My health stayed full indefinitely while I quite quickly ground them down. I had way too much resto, prec, crits, both heal and dps for them to cope with, Fire + SP is killing it.

It needs toning down a touch, NOT TOO MUCH DEVS, because with those sp I have, I'm near enough invincible in a 1v1 to the point it didn't feel fair at all. A Fire Tank with few SP on the other hand will get ripped apart by a quality DPS.

But knowing the devs, if they do 'nerf' it, they will destroy Fire once again by going way over the top with the nerf hammer. Also, other Tank powers need some love, aswell as Trolls. None have the survivability to go against an equally skilled DPS, it's not right that only Healers and Fire Tanks can.
  6. 00beaner New Player

i was a defender of fire until about an hour ago. i fought a guy and i believe i was slightly better. more than doubled him in damage in a 1vs1 and did not put him down but one time. being fair i am hard light so i know i hit the tar outta him when i got a hold of him. could i of won the match? nah probably not, but possibly. twice i had him on the ropes all but out and i flubbed my attacks. got ancy and messed up allowing him the chance to recover.

how they fix pvp without messing up pve is anyones guess. i dont think fire is as op as some believe but it for sure seemed impossible to hurt this guy a few times. when i dopped him though boy he melted as fast as anyone. this leads me to believe i need to tighten up my skills
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't know, I got 99 SP and I have not lost a single 1v1 since Gu43.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Simple fact is that its not separated from PVE, a nerf to fire tank now might affect PVE which they already have few fire tanks as is. I agree that fire tank is a bit much in pvp. But PVP as a whole isnt balanced at all and so fixing this one thing wont fix pvp entirely.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It won't. Fire has had a separate amount of healing for PvP and PvE for ages now. As a matter of fact this is one of the few things that could be done in PvP and not even touch PvE.
    • Like x 5
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Rage can be easily blocked. Both outrage and echain. Just block as soon as a rager user either of those powers. It's not like HL that can switch from ranged (blockbrake) to regular dmg. Takes way less skill to take down a rager than a green lanern.
  11. Wild Level 30

I was in a fight a fire dude in pvp and the heals drove me crazy.. he was good too... I just left and he started harassing me :(
  12. HazeTA New Player

Yh, exactly, there's a reason it's called 'the nerf hammer' and not 'the nerf pillow' :D. Pretty sure they will tone it down eventually and even more sure it will be by too much.
    • Like x 2
  13. Animaphagist New Player

Get good and quit asking developers to help you win on the forums.
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Or you could make the effort to look at the various facts laid out throughout this thread and post some of your own if you disagree. That's typically how constructive conversation works.
    Yea, this is what worries me. I'm pretty certain they're going to butcher fire in PvP when they do something with it based on their track record. Hoping I'm wrong, but like I said, they don't have a good track record when it comes to fire.
  15. Animaphagist New Player

The facts dictate that nice things go away when people complain on the forums. The facts also show that people can beat the OP powers when they have skill. There have been posts about it recently with Fire, HL and Nature. Facts say squeaky wheel gets the oil.

The facts say, "Get good, and quit asking devs to help you win."

Learn to block, break, and lunge.
  16. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

To me lately fire don't seem as strong as it was when the fire heal update was released, for pvp anyway. But this is just my opinion as I do a lot of pvp as a fire tank.
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

In other words you've got 0 facts to back up any argument you're going to present regarding the current state of fire tanking. Good to know. Also fire can largely ignore most counters, so that advice is somewhat a moot point.

PS: Reply button is on the lower right hand of each post. Makes the conversation easier to follow.
    • Like x 1