fire request: make overheat part of AM

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ApolloMystique, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Streven Dedicated Player

I've been testing Fire quite a bit and have been a pretty dedicated Fire user since the AM was first introduced. I have to say from a purely mechanical/gameplay standpoint I'm very happy with the current changes. It's fun to play again and will be viable and competitive in all content.

I'd like to see Absorb Heat be made mobile and not lose TA for not hitting a burning target. Beyond that I don't see much need for more changes personally.

I admit I haven't done a lot of diligent parser testing to compare against other powers but there are some folks doing that. Either way we're back in the game if nothing else changes. I'm not one to quibble over a few percentage points with of DPS potential. Scoreboard is meh...
  2. ??? Well-Known Player

:rolleyes: my bad
  3. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

If you ask me, Fire needed
    • Inferno Power burden reduction
    • Inferno Range crit
    • Mass Detonation damage range increase
    • Forgiving power back mechanic (i.e. no power back if you miss Mass Det, dropping the AM)
    • Damage increase on all AM abilities
    Overheat and Fiery Weapon are fine. I'm happy FW is officially added but it wasn't part of the issue. I want issues fixed before we start looking at bells and whistles. If overheat were added it needs to do a lot more damage than it does right now.
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

See below
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Thanks to any and all putting their time aside for this fire update.

Some concerns id like to have addressed:

When would using Flame Cascade/Absorb Heat be practical? With this updated BD cooldown it makes both of these moves redundant.

Remember that immolation PI? It's essentially a fourth PI used but it's use for what? Maybe this is something that can (possibly) add some benefit to OH besides the teeny tiny heal it gives us.

Did the devs reconsider us having power Regen in tank stance because of the changes to Enflame and Inferno? If so that's sad because I can think of some awesome tank builds around those two powers. :p
    I am also concerned about Mass Dets low end range.... Are there still random hits of 0-3k damage firing off?

Overall however the power regen sounds excellent and having inferno restore power is leaps and bounds ahead of where we are currently on live.

Keep up the work in the test you all.
    • Like x 1
  6. ApolloMystique New Player

i also want Flaming Cascade to be a viable long range option...like avalanche is for ice...i know we have mass det...but it wont break the game by having more options...customization is what will take this game to the next level