Fire, it was fun while it lasted, Thanks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mint Stiletto, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

It was fun being at the top for awhile, burning stuff down and melting faces like it was my job:)
    For several months I got a kick out of being on the top of the damage heap at the end of stuff.
    I knew it couldn't last forever tho so I had as much fun with it while I could.
    With each new update to other powers Fire gets pushed back down to the bottom, but it's cool, like I said I saw it coming and and was ready for it;)

Might as well get these out of the way now,
    1. Yes, I probably don't use the "right" loadout and could get better. Of course that supposes that any loadout could even get tossed out before everyone else has already evaporated everything. lol
    2. No I'm not a scoreboard chaser, I've been Fire for 4 years so that's pretty far from true:p
    3. I have 200+ skill points.
    4. I'm sure that so-N-so is a beast and he/she is Fire therefore I must be the stinkiest.
    5. Hell no I don't want any other power to be nerfed, especially for anyone that stuck with their love through all the bad and are (for now) rockin that damage.
    Ok I think those are the biggest 5 I needed:D

Anyhoo, it was neat and annoying at the same time to see SO many Fire users running around for awhile there.
    It was super neat being a much larger factor as a dps for awhile as well.
    It was mega neato that for awhile there that folks were like "heck yeah we want a Fire DPS", instead of "why don't you just stick to tank".LOL

I hope the Devs got a bonus office pizza party for all those Respec Token sales to and away from Fire.:)
    So again,
    Thanks Fire, that was fun!

As always,
    Fire Rules!
    • Like x 2
  2. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Ummm...Fire is still pretty OP. If you're referring to DC. Of course you'll get smoked in there. Some powers such as sorcery can keep up pretty big damage. While everyone is getting knocked back from her tornados. It's just one poorly planned instance with WAY to many interrupts. Can't get fire burst off like that.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you're joking right? i can flame casade right back into fire burst i am a fire player and this isn't a problem for me.
  4. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Keeping up the AM is one thing. Keeping up good damage is another. It's pretty hard to keep fire burst going at the last boss. While my fury can hit for 50k + while everyone is getting thrown around. I play both toons. Experience both ends of the spectrum
    • Like x 1
  5. Dogico Loyal Player

You make it sound like Fire is a bad dps power when such is not the case.
  6. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Nova Approved.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Not to worried about keeping up the dmg as long as the boss goes down i am all good. i have beaten the alert and elite alert at cr121 Dps and healing it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

PVE scoreboard needs to go.
    • Like x 5
  9. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I know. His point is fire being a "bad DPS" now. One can only assume he's referring to current content (DC). Where you get juggled and knocked out of fire burst every 3 seconds it seems.
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I maybe should have been clearer, I'm not saying Fire no longer can do decent damage, it's just is sliding back down the ladder when compared to...well most others.
    But just in case I refer you to #4 on my list, just replace so-N-so with your Fire toon's name;)

Fire Rules!
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Nah, personally I think it has a place and a usefulness. I don't care about the scoreboard very much myself,it was just a lot of fun for awhile being the one that melted everything before everyone else:)
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

That's not my intention at all, I've never thought Fire was a bad dps even before the last Fire update.
    It was just cool/fun being a FOTM for awhile. It's not like I'm jumping off the Fire ship after 4 years.

I made this thread after running a 4 dps Act of Defiance run with the current "big 3".
    We were all about the same cr but I pretty much just followed along watching things vanish while I was still trying to flick my bic.lol

It made me for really laugh out loud and think "well it was fun while it lasted".;)
    I know AoD isn't a good proving ground, but it amused me and making this thread amused me some more.
    Just in case tho..#4 :p

Fire Rules!
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Me too!

The main thing I'm saying is, it was fun being one of the OPs for once, we deserved it.
    That doesn't mean I think Fire is "bad" now or that I can't DPS anymore. Fire hasn't gotten worse, others have just gotten much better.
    I mean come on, no body is buying a respec to change TO Fire anymore..lol

I have a ******* toon on my other account with less than 100 skill points that does ungodly damage, but guess what? I'd rather play my first love anytime.

Fire Rules!
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

A leaguemate of mine that's also on the forums does awesome with Fire. Sometimes he even beats me. :p
    • Like x 3
  15. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Sweet! Have a #4.
    Dang tossing a lot of 4s out...I really am the stinkiest.....now I feel bad......nah I don't. LOL

Fire Rules!
  16. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It was more a way for him to come here and give you some advice. I never said you were the stinkiest. But fire IS awesome.
    • Like x 1
  17. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Meh, at least you had your 15 minutes of fame, you could've gotten a nature, HL, Elec, or rage type update (if you can even call it that) and still be getting scoreboard stomped with no end in sight. Man, talk about 'rich people problems' :cool:
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Thanks, but I don't need advice, I'm not unhappy with my game play in the least bit and Fire IS awesome.
    I could squeeze a bit more damage out for sure. I just have to do the "best" rotation of the "best" powers.
    But that was never my point. I'm just saying it was nifty being a FOTM for awhile, even more so because I waited for the Flavor to come to me rather than chasing it around.
    New and improved flavors will always come and go, that doesn't mean I hate my flavor now because of it.

I don't actually think I'm the stinkiest, I'd know I'm not the best to be sure, but I have fun doing what I do and this thread was all about fun as well, besides I enjoy tanking more than DPS anyway.

Mint has been Fire for 4 years, I have a ******* toon that has less than half her skill points and atm is 4cr less than her and I can do MASSIVE amounts more damage with it and I have much less experience with that power. Why? Because the newer toon is (one of) this months flavor. And I'm cool with that, again it was fun while it lasted;)
    I'll still spend most of my play time on my big stick swinging Fire wielding giant green chick because she and her power will always be MY favorite flavor even if it's not the one at the top of the menu as new flavors are improved...see?
    Fire IS awesome.

Fire Rules!
  19. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Lol don't worry about it mint. Besides you're still one of the best players I've ever ran with.
    • Like x 1
  20. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

that right there, i approach it the same way :D

Greets Dibrie
    • Like x 1