Fire/Ice vs Nature DoTs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Quagmire, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Quagmire New Player

For this new revamp and everyone going crazy over it since it seems like the powers are getting less attention than gadgets and mental, I have an idea for the new PI for Ice and the Burning interaction for fire.

Since Fire is getting fireburst "fixed" and meteor now only does 1 tick of higher damage; just make the burning and ice field do as much per tick as natures poison spores and everyone should be happy.
  2. Abandon New Player

... *whispers to next guy*
    He does know that some of nature's moves doesn't have that initial damage right?
  3. ToySoldier13 New Player

Absolutely not. The reason that Nature's DoTs are so high is that it is ALL they have. No burst, no AoE, no 60%er, no real weapon buff like the others, no power interaction, etc. If you made other DoTs even a third of Nature's damage there would be 0 reason to play as a Nature DPS.

Keep the powers unique!
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

I think we should hold this feedback for the next fire/ice update. :)
  5. Quagmire New Player

Nature has no Pi's? How about harvest for the 2-3 sets of spore DoTs? That like saying wildfire for burning things is not a PI.
    Nature has briar which is burst plus adding a DoT, now they have swarm which is pretty good since it attacks everything and does not split damage (don't believe me? try it out).
    Considering what they are doing with wild fire it will function like harvest (with damage now).

I was just saying that with the lack of fireburst and meteor, higher DoTs could be a way to help out.

To Abandon- inferno in its current state only has initial burst if you are close enough to the enemy so sometimes you lose out on that initial hit. So if you hit inferno at range it functions the same as vinelash would just adding the DoT but a much weaker DoT. Also how does the initial hit even compare to the amount of damage the DoTs do.

I was always wondering how something takes more damage from poison than having its entire body on fire.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Trying to compare Nature and Fire is way too apples and oranges.
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Swarm splits damage. And most nature dps's rely more on the burst damage over the dot's in todays damage dealing game. I don't know where your getting your info, but it's wrong.
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Swarm for sure does split even on objects. If Ice and Fire want Poison Spore damage than they would need to give everything else. :/

Edit: I still use Poison Spore damage these days and do just fine. :p
  9. Aqua New Player

This comparison is dangerous, scrap it and come up with something else
    • Like x 1
  10. Snix Dedicated Player

Please let's try to keep the powers unique. Would probably quit if they did that.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

You can still use spore damage but if you just stack spores spread then go into combos like people use to do your going to find yourself do very little compared to burst'ers.
  12. Quagmire New Player

I was not saying make the powers the exact same, just boost the DoT of fire since 2 of fires hardest hitting powers are being snuffed out (haha get it?)
    Anywho, it was just for comparison, im not saying i want to see a fire user summon a harvest pod and be carbon copies of each other.
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If you have balanced stats you can up easily with just spores. I still clip with Impaling Thorns and Harvest though.

Also since Nature mostly only uses spores you would make Fire essentially the same if you gave them the increased DoT's.
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

15. ToySoldier13 New Player

I know I promised I wouldn't Fire bash on the new forums, but I can't hold it in anymore with this OP/thread wanting the world.

Let's recap what Fire has:
    -BA 60%ers
    -Access to hands down the best DPS tactical mod because of those 60%ers
    -You are about to have a quick cast mob burst power, formerly Electricity's niche
    -You already had the best weapon buff, now it is getting procs as well
    -Damaging moves that self heal
    -The best DPS PI (adds DoTs)
    -Far and away the most moves that add or do extra damage to your PI
    -By far the best channel in absorb heat
    -Your finisher is a 60% modifier unlike everyone else's

And you seriously have the gall to ask for the only thing that makes pure DPS Nature even remotely viable as well!?! You can have Nature and Sorcery's decent DoTs when you give them all of that stuff I just listed - my two mains would love to do something other than sets DoTs and weapon attack like crazy.

(To be clear, I don't want any of those things - I like that the different powers have different strengths, weaknesses, and playstyles that is why it upsets me to see the formerly high risk/high reward burst power that Fire WAS getting a lot of stuff that renders other powers obsolete)
  16. Quagmire New Player

I was gonna leave it alone but just couldn't with this. I agree with a couple points about fires strong points.

ok i agree about the 60% but who will use fireburst after? If you disagree, think how many people use iceblast now. Im sure that the 60% snuff out will be removed, but if not then heck yea!
    We will see how good overheat really is.
    Fiery weapon is good ill agree.
    Damaging moves that self heal? You think a tick of 300 off of fiery weapon will help in a raid? Please don't
    Best PIs? Have you seen gadgets?!
    Again best pi extra damage? At the moment yes, but have you read it was a bug? Fireburst is getting fixed and mass det is all over the place with damage and whether or not it hits anything. And do not get me started on flame cascade. I can see people just using one of them just to get the 60% buff (that is if they get those level 4 mods)
    Absorb heat? Really?! Who uses that? This one made me actually laugh.
    I like how you mentioned that fire's powers now make other powers obsolete? perhaps i am reading that wrong. I am sure players of other power sets and even myself disagree with that.

Again I only used nature as a comparison. The DoTs dont have to be that strong, but maybe a little stronger than what they are now After the update. I truly feel sorry for ice though. I said it so people would be happy considering the outcry about it.
    • Like x 1