Fire has a Problem

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Soulburn32, May 7, 2013.

1. TrueMarvel New Player

Isn't there only a 40 dom difference between T4 and T5 sets?
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

Not if it's an 8pt increase (in tank role) per item (chest, hands, legs, head, feet, shoulders, back). Also, you have to figure in neck, rings & weapons.
    If that's the accurate amount, then that would be closer to 80. A tank specced and modded toward Dom in all T4 would alread be over 1k Dom. Add 80 to that plus the extra Dom from the new Mk V mods and a couple of innates and it can add up quickly.
  3. FrostyMagma New Player

1230 with aux 4 cola 1150ish base. with a few peices of new gear and get this... enough skill points..... its easy to get there.
  4. Kristyana New Player

It depends on how and what you use it for. As just a heal with empowered channeling it's so so, but anything that roots you stands a good chance of killing you.

For grabbing aggro though and having the highest chance of regrabbing it after an aggro reset, nothing's better.
  5. Toxiic Committed Player

I am fire tanking and my loadout is Overheat | Stoke Flames | Burnout | Backdraft | Burning Determination | Reignition with powerful resistance, nanoweave armor, and intimidating gaze as my iconics. I have 143 skill points on him now and i've specced into health, dominance, defence, crit heals, and resto in that order. I have full T4 (except for the back) and the CC trinket and i modded my gear with restoration & health IV, dominance & health IV, and precision & health IV. With weapon-absorption adapter 4, neck-fortified blocking 4, back-violent breakout, and chest-extended supercharge mods and bulldozer MK IV as my consumable.

I was trying the double tank run in prime and the ice tank basically did all the work. He too 90% of the aggro and was almost invincible, while on the other hand I was getting pummeled by the meta basically self_healing to save my life. I felt soo useless so My question is... Is ice tank just better or am I doing something terribly wrong?
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Overheat is not spammable enough to warrant a loadout in my opinion.
  7. FrostyMagma New Player

you run the risk of "DEATH" i have done these raids on many loadouts trying to find the best 1 for me. For a move to get agro not within your aoe rang i rec something like the meatball that fall from sky and explode or detonate cause these can knock mobs down.
    Control effects in here are vital till the boss. cant control them. Im just stating from expirence. we have beaten 2 bosses in the nexus and paradon really isnt that hard just need a good stratedgy.

MOLTEN MAGMA
    155 SP USPS3
  8. FrostyMagma New Player

the ice guy musta had better gear and higher stats. i use enflame backdraft and either spontanious combustion or flashpoint then reignition burning determination and the last one whatever. the other tank damage out was probably higher, i have noticed the tank that hits the hardest get the instant agro reguardless of dominance.
  9. Toxiic Committed Player

Oh ok so its because he was stronger than me because I am pretty sure i had more dominance than him. I think he was wearing some dps gear but I dont remember anymore.
  10. FrostyMagma New Player

thats exactly it. try this in gates or fos stuff. get your dps on and mix tank gear to get your dominance above the requirement, then tank but not tank you know what i mean. get another full spec tank hight dom high def whatever. go in there beast it out and see who gets controll of the boss. in fos you really get to push bosses around its really fun this way make sure your group can handle it tho.
  11. Kristyana New Player

Dominance has nothing to do with aggro, so when two tanks are together in a raid and they both taunt at the same time, the tank that does the highest damage with the taunt move gets the aggro. This was confirmed by a developer :)

You can still trade aggro back and forth because the actual window where two people can taunt simultaneously seems to be extremely small.
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

got some tank experience in whatever the raid is with 4 lex at the start

we beat the first room after a few tries and then got our butt handed to us against whatever lex it is that has a shield for a weapon, in this fight neither me or my ice tank buddy lasted very long and the rest of the group was pretty much 1 shooted from every attack

anyway I guess the tanks are all closer to each other than I thought.

I still think stoke flames needs to be buffed even if you leave the other healing powers the same, our best heal should feel like our best heal not just marginally better than burning det.
  13. OGM_Madness New Player

Hello guys,

What is SOE position on Fire atm? Have they said anything about fire after revamp? or have they stated that their work is done after the update? I feel like fire needs more attention. I would like if the following changes were implemented: Immolation tree's layout revision (stoke flames <-> spont. comb.) & cost of Eternal Flame SC (Re-ignition is fine to me, but Eternal Flame should be 50%. Either that or make Eternal Flame feel God-like when used and last longer). I would like if Eternal Flame was an "oh-s#!7" button like Ice Golem (and that one is just a 50%). If they make Eternal Flame have more stat increases for longer (to really feel eternal) then maybe it would justify the 100% cost. They could even add an explosion with pushback at the end of Eternal Flame.

I made another thread a few days ago and I got a reply saying that the layout in the Immolation tree was mentioned and discussed before, so I'm glad the community feels the same way about that.

I'm always looking forward to see if new updates bring changes to Fire because I feel like it lacks in comparison to the other power's capabilities.
  14. FrostyMagma New Player

thats what i said i leared that by expirence
  15. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I made it to the last boss as a fire tank at the nexus raid, imo the raid is not hard at all (Minus the last boss, and people with no awareness skills). To kris, is the raid nerf from test? I found it odd people had trouble beating the first room at test (Even oddy at FNL).
  16. Kristyana New Player

They nerfed a few things, but most of the difficulty that Odyssey was experiencing was a combination of not knowing the raid at all and walking in blind to buggy mechanics behind the scenes in some fights that weren't working as intended.

They increased the warning window on a few attacks, fixed things that were broken, etc. But the difficulty is pretty much exactly the same.

From the video, the things they changed, and some discussion behind the scenes, there were a lot of things in both raids that weren't working properly.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

Where did all the tanks go? I feel like an episode of Highlander and I'm an Immortal the way my inbox blows up with tells.
  18. Zim New Player

I love it, but enjoy it while it lasts. Once we get full T5, and everyone is OP again, there will be no need for the tank again. We are already banging out the 4 man OP's with 2 DPS.
  19. WarHoundZero New Player

Meh a lot of tanks are in full turtle mode right now since we are under geared also. Tanks can put out damage....not dps damage but we can put up around half with core strength working properly.
  20. Anhur Committed Player

I thought Tanks would be advised to take the "Quick Healing" mod (10% to healing received)?