Fire DPS Weapons Expert.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Jul 16, 2018.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

After countless might based builds all performing well, and a couple of hybrid precision builds, I'm still not parsing out even or close to my Pfft builds with precision WE. I have my artifact (NVWD) up to 85ish. I may not be setting up my DOTs optimally or something else. I'm just curious if someone else has found success using Fire and a ST LO using WE.
    • Like x 1
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I just posted my single target in our convo over in the fire guild. For smoke bomb in my experience its not about dots its about bursts. My wrist despenser is higher than yours but I've been able to get into the 20s with smokebomb-inferno/fiery weapon-smokebomb-flashpoint-smokebomb-wildfire-smokebomb-flashpoint repeat. I'm able to get into the 20s on that rotation despite having entirely might mods and generator mods. I feel like with full precision mods it could even outperform my pftt rotation however with all the multitarget boss fights in the upcoming dlc I'm going to stay pftt to give me some range.
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I have a Multi Build Precision using Bow Smokebomb Mastery. I was hitting mid 20's with it before NVWD Artifact came out. I am more interested in ST LO's using DW Flurry WM WE.
    • Like x 1
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Nice, whats that rotation if you don't mind me asking? I posted my single target in the guild.
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I saw the ST. I will try it out or something close to it.

My multi is Inferno>FW>SF>Imol(all clipped together)>Smokebomb>Flashpoint>Smokebomb>Wildfire>Smokebomb>Flashpoint, repeating SB, FP, SB, WF till Inferno is off cool down. When Inferno and Fiery Weapon come off cool down I clip those together, then Smokebomb to Flashpoint. Then clip Stoke Flames and Immolation back into smokebomb, wildfire.

My BattleTank has the same LO except I sub in Backdraft for Wildfire. I usually just spam combos with DW (no WM combos) into Flashpoint, spam DW into Backdraft. I hit those 2 as often as they come off cool down, and My 1st 4 when they are off cool down. I also use MA into HB WM combo for one build, mixing in Flashpoint, and Backdraft. It gets interrupted in higher content a bunch. I parses in the 9k to 10k region as a ST. Both Battletanks have Hybrid Builds and Might Artifact and NVWD artifact. 3/4 Tank gear a couple of DPS. 22k might, 10k precision.
    • Like x 1
  6. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Sounds cool I'm going to check it out tonight
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I am having a similar issue.

I can parse for maybe 13k on a multi rotation

i do:

Explosive shot > InfernoXXFW> Explosive Shot x2> Overheat repeat. This is at range. I havent tested melee loadout yet. I will try OG Cryo's melee roation.
  8. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

At range I cant do any better than 15 or 16. I was doing explosive-inferno/fw-explosive-overheat-explosive-wildfire. Best I've been able to find. Precision aoe really struggles at range.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

hello my comrad, nice to see other fire WE's from time to time. first and most important: forget clipping powers into your WM's! when you are playing WE, your goal must be to get your weapons damage out as fast as you can and do the mastery. everything else is only supplementation, yet it should never slow your weapons down at any time! clipping powers is also risking the damage, should you ever clip away the WM for activating your power to soon. just do the forllowing: wildfire >cw< stoke flames >cw< fiery weapon, now start your weapon combos untill the cooldown wears off. i know it sounds to simple to be true, but thats just it. basicly ^^ anyways: you need to take a look at your combo counter: it should allways get over nine fast to activate the necks mod, and keep it up there. also, it is important to keep an eye open for counters, because the sparing AI only activates after a successfull counter attack. also noteworthy is the need for keeping your power pool relatively full, so you get your trollers damage buff. that is why you could use enflame instead of wildfire. then, when stunned or elswhy not able to keep attacking, break out emediatly using burnout >cw< immolation... airburst and burning determination are possible alternatives. should your breakout power be in cooldown, use a breakout trinket! you could replace the supply drop for it, because it is a must have for every WE ^^ be fast, and you will do well with the right weapons for the right situations... or use the weapons you just like to play with, others will call you noob if you go for the broken ones and if you double theyr numbers ^^' LOL
    • Like x 2
  10. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I’ve found this to be true as well. The moment I try to jump clip just the weapon mastery over and over, or try to sneak a power into between weapon attacks, I lose damage. Ive used a similar set up to you Starnbock but I go Meteor clipped with Fiery weapon clipped with Stoke flames then concentrate on trying to get the hit counter up and utilising precision. Maybe it’s just me, I seem to do better if I let dual wield into flurry do it’s full animation. I’ll be interested in others findings or thoughts.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

right, the SC gen is another possibility. wildfire and enflame both have a CD of twelfe seconds, just fitting with your weapon buff, wich is very convenient, because if you use meteor everytime it comes out of cooldown, you loose damage again for using a super power instead of your weapon and keep in mind that especially SC gens are allways weak in comparison to other super powers. 12sec DOT's can't fail.

i have gone WE with every power, my conclusion was that tank powers work best with it, especially ice. worst powers for it were quantum and mental (funny coincident: exactly my two most favourite powers were basicly unplayable for me). mental works using shields, just the CD's are ruining it for me, also reflect pain is not clipable and gets overwritten... quantums teleportation is giving me seizures...

i switched with both my main hero sternbock and my main villain masta bates to fire and ice and noticed that i realy like tanking a lot... anyways: there is something special, each power has to offer when playing it with weapons and some have certain restrictions for it. here is a loadout wich goes as the WE basis for all power in general (with exceptions):

1.) DOT (12 second CD works best for me)
    2.) weapon buff (of course ^^ clip 123... etc.)
    3.) imunity, breakout, or another offence clip
    4.) a 0,5' attack to clip with when necessary
    5.) survival ability (maybe a HOT or a shield)
    6.) neo venom boost (best SC for weapons)

based on what your power has to offer or lacks in its repertoire, you switch out either 3.) or 4.) for the robo side kick, wich belongs in every WE loadout, just like the weapon buff and the neo venom boost... 4.) could also be the SC gen or another burst power, keep in mind though that you need to use bursts only when clipping is realy necessary and think about the power cost: your pool is very low...
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

The mistake I've seen that you (as well as another WE players) used your powers too much. The rotation should be burst/dot (I prefer burst) clips with weapon buff, spam your weapon combo 6 times then repeat, very easy to achiveve 15k+ on single target or 30k on multi targets :).
    • Like x 1