Fire DPS Guide & Loadout

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Antichh, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Big Jimbo Level 30

this tells me that you dont actually look into anything, you just base your "opinion" off of what you use. parser it. i've done it.
  2. Big Jimbo Level 30

it is a buff. it is a small heal. it clips fast. actually watch the video. you got your boys back though, i see that.
  3. Big Jimbo Level 30

100% agree with you. that's why i posted my video. it shows how quickly you can get fire to clip if you use the right powers and it explains how much more damage you can do without wasting a power point on a supercharge like barrage or calamity.
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Ive seen your video, and Ive tested your rotation. thats why im talking about it

Using a power just for its damage modifier is a waste of power point and power, because if youre not using the 60% modifier hand mod, then youre doing it wrong.

Burning Determination and Stoke Flames damage overwrite eachother. Thats not my opinion, its just how it works.
    Maybe youre the one who should be testing it. In fact...you dont even need to test it, just watch your video. During your rotations theres only 2 DoT´s active. One is from Inferno, and the second is from Burning Determination (because youre using it after Stoke Flames).
    • Like x 1
  5. Big Jimbo Level 30

so if you've tested it, then which parsers better? mine or yours? numbers dont lie man. and the power point isnt wasted because it puts your affinity in the power tree that gives you a higher chance of critical attacks. if you watched the whole video you wouldve seen that. just face it, the supercharge loadout does less damage over time than this one. i used to use the supercharge loadout and ive used robot sidekick too. this one is better.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

I did around 20 parses (at 30 seconds) with each loadout and rotation:
    Yours:
    -Average: 120660/s
    -Max: 133021

Mine:
    -Average: 122630/s
    -Max: 140893
  7. Big Jimbo Level 30

i'm calling BS on that. ive tested these fire dps loadouts for hours on end. i bet you use burning determination, inferno, fiery weapon, flame cascade, fireburst, and volcanic calamity. you will not parser higher with that than the loadout i posted. but its cool, keep lying to yourself and your fire dps will stay at sub par levels where its always been. just trying to help you out, but if youre obviously just going to make some crap up, then i can see its pointless to even debate with you. have a good one.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

You are doing exactly the same thing you say im doing. You cant stand that some other loadout different than yours do more damage and start ranting and calling liar to others lol
    And thats your problem, assuming that im using that loadout that you said. See? thats Bullsh*t.

Youre just a joke, dude. You couldnt even understand what the rest of the guys in here where trying to explain you. Go back to your Fortress of Solitude, in there you might be the best.
    • Like x 1
  9. Big Jimbo Level 30

i said good day sir.
  10. Pults Loyal Player

You don't clip faster by adding a useless power to your base rotation. That's why you need either robot sidekick or Reignition / Eternal Flame which apply another dot.
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

One more thing:

Burning Determination

Stoke Flames

Burning Determination+Stoke Flames+Burning Determination
    • Like x 1
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

The problem with using any other dot aside from inferno and bd is that critcal attack is wasted on a dot instead of fireburst.

When AM fist came out I experimented with over heat(a superior dot compared to anything but inferno) and instead of all five fireburst hits criting....it would only be two to three while one or both dots got the crit.....which is a critical 400 dot verses 22-25k fireburst dot..... Equals dps loss.
  13. Big Jimbo Level 30

thats one of the reasons why i put burning determination last in the rotation, the problem with fire is the time it takes to actually start doing max damage. with the rotation i use, your hand is only stuck in the air 1 time. that makes it so much faster to just start spamming away with fire burst. i do not use stoke flames for its DOT, i use it for the small quick heal and the crit attack chance increase and the fact that it takes virtually no time to use because you can clip it very fast and then start the real damage.
  14. Big Jimbo Level 30

i will definitely test the eternal flame out and see what the results are, that is probably the only one that i havent actually tested in a dps rotation. the robot sidekick does so little damage and actually doesnt do much action at all in testing so it parsers really bad. thats why i dont suggest it. that, and because it takes away from getting that 7th skill point in the power tree for the affinity bonus. i will test the eternal flame though.
  15. Big Jimbo Level 30

so youve managed to show us what each power does as a dot on its own. i really like how you wait until the one power is done before you use the other and then label it as using them both...everyone can skew results on a test. a valid attempt. so lets see you live test your loadout versus mine, with no skew. the point is, fire does more damage if you can use the necessary powers and make it work faster. my loadout does that and it maxes your critical attack chance and doesnt waste time by stopping your rotation for a weak supercharge.
  16. Big Jimbo Level 30

i did the same experiment with overheat as well, it slows everything down soooo much. just try my loadout, seriously, parser it and then go use it in an alert with a controller and see how well it works. it is really fast and whether other people want to believe it or not, that little heal you get from stoke flames and the critical attack chance increase actually helps more than you think. i have never been in an instance with another fire dps and been outdamaged using this loadout.
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dont think you understand what I mean. Just using bd inferno fiery weapon, then fb 90% of the time all 5 hits on fireburst crit.

Adding ANY other DoT to the loadout takes critical hits away from fireburst.

So it is a DPS loss.

I hated it....still kinda do, but robot sidekick is prob the best option for the sixth spot, because it is constant damage that runs while you spam fireburst....and....it's not tied to critical bonuses so it wont take away from FB.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

I would say the SC is a damageloss.. simply because you spent the time other than using Fire Burst/Flamecascade.
    The RS works more like a DoT that is running in the background with no effort/mana/etc.
  19. Big Jimbo Level 30

no i understand what you meant. you have to realize that the crits/damage from burning determination overwrite the crits/damage from stoke flames so there is only the same crits hitting as if you were using only the inferno and burning determination, you do however get the crit attack chance increase from the power point in the power tree, the small heal from stoke flames, you arent stopping your rotation to throw out a weak supercharge so your dps doesnt drop, and you dont have to lug around that almost useless robot sidekick.
  20. Big Jimbo Level 30

thats what im thinking too. have you tried to parser with the robot sidekick? its terrible and just painful to test. you will see just how awful that thing is if you try to test it. i think that once i get my new fire toon up to cr, because i changed my powers and name, then made a new one, i will post videos of all these tests, and i wont skew the results. i actually like to do the testing and see what actually works the best.