Fire/Any TANK - Couple of facts that most people are not aware of (Possible bug)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaye31987, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

lmao, ima do that + clip with FW. Are you gonna be on the game runningtheshow? We could do a duo to do a quick test later.
  2. Gunny New Player

Strange you know who I am.

Dont clip, simply use WD. If you clip, you run the risk of contaminating your results - especially now that FW has a proc.

Run your duo with a buddy, use only WD....see how much attention he gets. Very simple test.
  3. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

These are just a couple I found within minutes... I will not reveal their name.

"Taunting has always been the same since launch (even during Beta)...when a Tank (Fire/Ice/Earth) uses a power, it creates a "taunt" to enemies within a 15m (in-game) area around the Tank that gains aggro/hate for an uninterruptable 12 seconds that can be refreshed at around 8 seconds...Ice Tanks have never had "to build to the top of the hate table"...Any Tank that uses a power within range of an enemy will automatically gain aggro/hate regardless of power type"

"Taunting - Tanks and only tanks can taunt enemies. When you cast a power that hits the enemy (they have to be in the range) then you will instantly taunt them. This will put the Tank at the top of the hate table for 12 seconds. After 8 seconds the Tank can refresh by casting another power that hits the enemy and this resets the time on top of the hate table for another 12 seconds. Unless the enemy does an aggro dump or if the Tank is ko'd then the Tank maintains Aggro. If the boss does an aggro dump or the Tank is ko'd then they should recast a taunt to jump back on top of the hate table. If an enemy does an aggro dump and is in the middle of attacking someone other than the Tank, when the Tank hit the enemy with a power they will jump back up to the top of the hate table but the enemy will still complete the combo unless the enemy is controlled in some way to stop the combo."

From an actual guide from a website - ..."Before the hate table resets, it is important for the tank to taunt the enemy with a power again. This will give the tank another 12 seconds of aggro. A tank can over ride their own taunt within the 12 seconds; however, this can only be done after 8 seconds."

"Every tank ability acts as a 12 second taunt, so all a tank needs to do to hold aggro is use an ability between 8-12 seconds then block, and repeat."
  4. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

Lol, it's because we are in the same league ;)
  5. blklightning New Player

I remember that one. It was in response to one of my posts. hehehe

Yeah... whoever wrote that one must be a Fire tank. Ice doesn't need to block and Earth doesn't "have" to, but it's recommended.
  6. Gunny New Player

Oops. I am relatively new to it, so still learning the names.

I will not be on until sometime sunday, been gone the past 10 days. Anyways, feel free to test this yourself. Will probably be a better method to test this than what you used.
  7. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I did testing on obot. With me the only tank. The results was that it did actually taunt. I test wd, fw, and burnout. I realized that the reason the taunt didnt appear on my duel opppnent was because the taunt was cast upon me. Wd..fw..burnout are animation within your toon. Sorry for wrong info regarding the 3 powers I mentioned, but this test proves that not only yellow dmg does taunts, self buffs taunts too(im sure a lot of ppl maybe know that info already tho)
  8. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

The only thing that didn't make sense was the tornado pull. It does not act like WD/ BURN OUT/ FW (As in the cast is upon yourself) but yet is still does not show the "Taunt effect". So I decided to test out if it actually taunts. Results was that it only taunted some times. I personally think tornado is bug and maybe that is why it don't have the taunt effect in duel mode? On my testing, roughly 70 % of the time tornado actually taunted the mob.
  9. Dump Truck New Player

It is buggy, it doesn't pull half of the time too.
  10. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I think the Combat Log is more accurate at finding out taunts than the Current Effects menu. When in tank role, everytime you use a power, you gain the ability to hit opponents with an invisible "attack" called "Innate Power" which may actually cause the taunting effect. This Innate Power is absent when you switch to DPS role though. Earth and Ice tanks have this effect too.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I never knew that since I never bother to look at combat log as a tank. Thanks for the info. Much easier than dueling.
  12. Crimson_Flare New Player

Im sorry but I think WD has absolutely no place in a tank loadout. WD is a DOT, you need knock backs, pulls, and heals, unless you are going to under man content and you are trying to damage tank it. But in higher content with a full group, it doesn't belong. Just my opinion.