Fire Absorb heat bugged

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zeljan89, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Zeljan89 New Player

I noticed that absorb heat doesn't get a orbital assistance when you have dead kings scepter equipped in your arts. It feels like there's only a 5% chance to get a hit from orbital assistance from absorb heat while other power moves have 80-90% chance to hit orbital assistance.

Here's a video clip and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

• Like x 2
  2. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello,

You should post it in Arkham Asylum, which is the bug related subforum. Actually good job verifying this issue.

Cheers.
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't see this being an issue because you will proc it with your follow-up ability anyway. If used as intended with its internal cooldown, this will barely make a difference in any situation.
  4. Zeljan89 New Player

No it doesn't even proc to the follow up ability I can make another video clip showing it for proof.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zeljan89 New Player

Here's the proof video of DK not procing even to the follow up ability:

Absorb heat has 6 hits and snuff out (Finisher move) has 4 hits. Making it a total of 10 hits together. When I swap DK it should give me that 1 extra hit from orbital assistance making it a total of 11 hits but even when I swap it it still only has 10 hits.

• Like x 3
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure the hits form the abilities cant proc it anyway, just the initial hit from cast (Except Heat vision or freeze breath maybe because they act like 3 casts).

What this tells me is that it does proc the artifact but either shows no damage or the damage doesn't even apply, but still makes the passive orbital hit go on cooldown. This is still not too crazy as it won't happen too often. It would still happen more often than i initially thought, so i agree that this should be looked at. Good stuff. :)
  7. Zeljan89 New Player

That is incorrect, every power ability can proc Orbital assistance. And speaking of freeze breath you can get 3 Orbital assistances from just one freeze breath. Absorb heat used to proc all the time but ever since that last update came it doesn't proc anymore or hardly ever. They were making adjustments to absorb heat on heal canceling they might of accidentally not implemented the right code because now is a bug with orbital assistance not hitting.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zeljan89 New Player

Also EVEN when I call down my Orbital Strike with having Dead King Scepter equipped (which orbital assistance is supposed to happen more frequently) absorb heat still won't proc orbital assistance or hardly ever.

Basically in full run raid let's say 15 minutes you might get 3-4 orbital assistance from absorb heat. Which I used to get like 30-40 in full run raid.

That's why I said it feels like the "chance to hit orbital assistance" was lowered by a significant ammount when you sing absorb heat.
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Sounds like a script line or two may have been bumped off in the process of fixing the other absorb heat bug.
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yep, this bug was introduced by the healing fix for Absorb Heat and I assume it was an unintended side-effect. This ability should work just like all the other channel abilities, so yeah, it definitely needs to be looked at.