Not A Bug Final boss in Royal Palace solo - bug or intended?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Eve, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Eve YouTuber

So I ran the solo today cause my alt finally reached Atlantis content, and everything went fine till the final boss.
    When he use's Dual Pistols he hits me for around 2000-2106, and It eats through my shield and my health.
    I use soda, shields, everything, and still I died 3 times. It never happened to me before, so I was wondering if it might be a bug. All other attacks hits just fine, I can manage and survive through them, but when he uses dual pistols It's instant death. It ignores the fact I use my shield (Earth shield) and I can drink Soda and lose half my health in one attack. Blocking doesn't reduce incoming damage either.

I have no idea if It's related to the lag, because I wasn't lagging during the instance.
    If needed I will record a video of this.
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This [move] was always there since Atlantis went up. It didn't change with any update. I don't think it's a good design because the move looks too small for the damage it does. There are 2 ways around it though:

1) When you see the skull roll away (you must not be stuck in and animation or combo). The cheap move will become a water AoE.

2) If you get hit it will be a heavy DoT. You must have a soda saved and wait for your health to tick close to 0... then use the soda. This is the same technique you have to use on Murk & Rath's critical strike.

Still I consider it a bad design because there isn't a true counter and you have to eat the hit in some way. Even on a roll, the water AoE will still touch you for a little damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah the vfx for the water AoE he does with the pistols often fail to work. I just got used to keeping the heck away from where the grenade landed. It’s been that way since the instance hit live, the EU lag didn’t cause it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Thank you both. I don't recall having issues with this instance in the past, but I found it really annoying today. Maybe they could take a look at this and change some things. Probably not a high chance but oh well.