Few ideas how to improve pvp .

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Voltcieage, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Voltcieage New Player

Hi !
    I am dc player actually since release day (mostly pvp ) and I can`t stand things which are horrible since day one .

First thing probably one of the most important ones . CULLING like in Guild Wars 2 (sorry for comparing it to this mmo but I think some ideas there are really good ) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Culling . Players models are switched to some basic one , graphic skill effects are reduced etc . On maps like HQ , FOS or even sometimes 5vs5 it is one big lag zone fight , you can compare it to slide show . I think on pvp we don`t need shining effects like sorc AOE or quantum powers . It is more important to see FIGHT/BATTLE not effects in 5 FPS . Of course players should be able to choose do they want to use culling or no and when culling should work (number of players on the arena ).Maybe this change would decrease number of bul***** in combat . ( you use block breaker , it doesn`t work but after you hit somebody 3 times with square, he hits you with interrupt . we all love that )

Another one is NEW PVP MATCHMAKING . I wrote new with capital letters because we really need new one . Present system is just horrible , maybe not horrible it is much worse I can`t describe it without non vulgar words , it is so horrible . I think there should be totally new tab in menu (like inventory , style ). We choose it, there should be info do you want enter pvp lobby , we click yes and our character disappears from world and we see full screen lobby like in Call of duty . Lobby should be really easy . Arenas/Legends > choose arena > you see list of players on the right side of the screen . During searching we should see player found but we shouldn`t see their names . When lobby is full we see our enemies names , game divide us into 2 teams and lets go . When we play as a team ,leader choose arena etc. members recieive info like on duty they enter it and when they are all in matchmaking starts ,they disappear from world like others . In this way we will find arena immediately because right now it is possible to spend 20 mins waiting for arena . People who wants to play pvp they can just play it . Maybe right now main problem is that some players tick all possible arenas,legends,t3 alerts whatever and system get lost and get stuck somewhere I don`t know why but I know that current matchmaking sucks .

Next thing which should be improved is our team hp/power bar . We should be able to customize it .Enlarge/decrease some bars which are important for us . But there should be possibility to see debuffs/buffs on our team . It would help trolls in pve (POT) , tanks in pvp . Together with this option nature healers should see how many pheromones are stuck on somebody , but more important are general buff/debuff info .

And of course I had a dream that DISCONNECT universe is DC universe but yeah 2 years and console freezes like on some beta version .
    Sorry for long post but I hope that SOE will see that and maybe they will improve some changes , but we all know its better to create another DLC XD than patch some bugs .