Felonious Iconic Costume Contest

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Necromonica Shade, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Figured I'd share some pics from our first costume contest. This one was based on iconic comic book/cartoon characters, hopefully we keep mixing it up.

Starting with our the whole group:
    [IMG]

Our winners:
    Skeletor (Stanos) 10mil
    [IMG]
    Starfire (Nemesis) Radiant Aura
    [IMG]
    Spawn (Lord Revenant) Orange Nimbus Aura
    [IMG]

And our, "didn't win, but still awesome" participants:
    Deadpool x force variant (36)
    [IMG]
    Deathstroke (TheeUnholy Saint)
    [IMG]
    Spawn (The Anxient)
    [IMG]
    Daredevil (Necromonica Shade)
    [IMG]
    Mantis (Mantis)
    [IMG]

OK, I think that's everyone :D
    • Like x 5
  2. thirty six Loyal Player

That might be the best Deadpool I've seen in dcuo ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

eyeroll
    • Like x 3
  4. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Ist that some brawler hand style for the winning spawn? Cuz I don't recognize that style for the heck of it...
    • Like x 1
  5. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

I'll ask rev and let you know :)

He's quick lol: Both hands and feat are phantom zone reaver
  6. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Oh, thx! :D
    • Like x 2
  7. acex13x New Player

Some better quality pics to do these guys justice.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG] (After he changed color)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Thanks Onix, those look great! No wonder 36 had to keep bugging you for scores, you were stalking us :p
    • Like x 2
  9. UxDRAGON Well-Known Player

Could you tell me what style that is for the chest looks awsome!(For Starfire)
    • Like x 1
  10. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I use that style, can't remember what it's called...
  11. nowburn4it Loyal Player

These are all really cool!
    • Like x 2
  12. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

I think that's the power (girl) chest :)
    • Like x 1
  13. UxDRAGON Well-Known Player

Thanks! and I was wondering shouldnt there be some sort of section in the forums where you find the styled toon you want instead of asking for it on the forum or going around trying to find it yourself
    • Like x 3
  14. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Yeah, when I want to figure out a style, I either ask my league (cuz they know waaaayyyy more than me about most things dc), or I check out the wiki and dig on through lol
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There is a Costume display thread, maybe someone could start a 'Style' thread
    • Like x 2
  16. thirty six Loyal Player

Absolutely love this idea!
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Try http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Style

The majority of styles there are colored red yellow blue to mark the areas which can be colored individually. Angles are not always optimal, but one can get a first impression of a style. Also in some cases the how/where to get is just a click away.
    • Like x 2
  18. UxDRAGON Well-Known Player

I understand but what I'm trying to say is shouldn't that be in the forums!, Instead of having it on a different website it should have its own category in the forums making it much more easily accessible for the dcuo community and made into a more simplified version.
  19. thirty six Loyal Player

Or even if someone just made a sort of guide in Oracle's Database, it could be quite helpful.
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Honestly, it shouldn't be in the forums but on the DCUO website itself. "Explore styles" with 3D rotation and with option to choose any of the existing body types. Or ingame, as a function "explores missing styles" to see how it fits the body type of your toon. Anyway, some external wiki or a guide here on the forums is a user-to-user service; in a good game, it should be a publisher-to-user service nowadays.
    • Like x 2